Getting ordained in Pastafarianism?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Getting ordained in Pastafarianism?

Postby Finaltoaster on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:46 pm

I am new to this forum, but for as long as I have known about Flying Spaghetti Monster I have wanted to be a minister or priest in it's teachings. This desire goes back to when I was a child, indoctrinated with the Christian god world view, and it is still alive inside me, but the faith is not.

If anyone could offer me any help at all I would greatly appreciate it.
Finaltoaster
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Getting ordained in Pastafarianism?

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:54 pm

Well, there's always the Universal Life Church, which gives free online ordinations.

As far as something more specifically Pastafarian, we're... loosely organized. But hey, educate yourself on the subject, get a copy of the Gospel, and then the Loose Canon when that comes out, act like you know what you're talking about, and who's to know the difference? :wink:
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby JWG on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:02 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:Well, there's always the Universal Life Church, which gives free online ordinations.

As far as something more specifically Pastafarian, we're... loosely organized. But hey, educate yourself on the subject, get a copy of the Gospel, and then the Loose Canon when that comes out, act like you know what you're talking about, and who's to know the difference? :wink:

Thanks for the heads up. I am now Reverend JWG. Prophet, disciple, and Reverend of the FSM and his Will to Fill our S(tomach)ouls. RAmen.
"When everybody else runs, you walk." -Unknown
JWG
Conchigliette Convert

Postby TwistedSister on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:11 pm

Can you marry Qwerty, Scott, Elvalia and Nef Yoo???
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby daftbeaker on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:17 pm

TwistedSister wrote:Can you marry Qwerty and Scott as well as Elvalia and Nef Yoo???

I understand why Scott and Qwerty would want to get married but what's Elvalia done to deserve the Toddling Terror?
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:18 pm

Daftbeaker, I see what you did there.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Return to All Things FSM