Artwork for the Loose Canon

Found a stunning new portrayal of His Noodly Majesty? New art, adapted art, links to do-it-yourself art? Realistic, conceptual, whatever? Post it here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Artwork for the Loose Canon

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:09 pm

Ahoy. The Second Council of Olive Garden is in need of a cover for The Loose Canon, the Holy Book of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, First Edition, which is finally almost finished. So go forth Pastafarians artists and design some glorious artwork and lettering for our holy book. We'll probably have some kind of vote or something to pick the winning design. Have fun.
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Re: Artwork for the Loose Canon

Postby Edd on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:31 pm

Glad to hear it's almost done, PE. Can't wait to see it.

I may just set aside a few moments in the near future to pen some parables for volume 2.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby DaveL on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:28 am

Platypus Enthusiast wrote:Ahoy. The Second Council of Olive Garden is in need of a cover for The Loose Canon, the Holy Book of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, First Edition, which is finally almost finished. So go forth Pastafarians artists and design some glorious artwork and lettering for our holy book. We'll probably have some kind of vote or something to pick the winning design. Have fun.

One word.

DUDE!
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:42 pm

Congratulations on a job well done! :jack:

Before we start, are there any restrictions on size/shape/colours?
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:28 pm

Edd wrote:Glad to hear it's almost done, PE. Can't wait to see it.

I may just set aside a few moments in the near future to pen some parables for volume 2.

cool dude, go for it.

DaveL wrote:
Platypus Enthusiast wrote:Ahoy. The Second Council of Olive Garden is in need of a cover for The Loose Canon, the Holy Book of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, First Edition, which is finally almost finished. So go forth Pastafarians artists and design some glorious artwork and lettering for our holy book. We'll probably have some kind of vote or something to pick the winning design. Have fun.

One word.

DUDE!

lmao, very nice

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Congratulations on a job well done! :jack:

Thanks

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Before we start, are there any restrictions on size/shape/colours?

No restrictions on color or shape or anything. It can be a picture of anything Pastafarian or no picture if you just wanna do some kickass lettering or something. As far as size goes, the cover is gonna be your standard full size page, so just keep that in mind.
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby MonkeysInACan on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:26 pm

Well it looks like I know what I'll be working on for the next few days. :grin: I really need to check this forum more often. If you hadn't said something about this on facebook I would have never known about this.
"Evolution is the central theme of biological science. The mechanism of evolution is natural selection."-- NJ science Standard Ch 7
MonkeysInACan
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:18 pm

Well, I've been doing Celtic Knotwork as a hobby for quite a while, but the laptop on which I do my artstuff has a loose connection to the screen so I had to start from scratch for this.

I just put a little FSM in there for fun. I hope one of you awesome artists out there can come up with something heaps better, but I enjoyed messing with this!

BTW, I've heard that there are programmes out there that enable one to do knots automatically instead of pixel by pixel as I have to. Has anyone else heard of this?

Oh, and before you get your head in a spin following the pattern I've done it already (when I coloured it). It really is one continuous 'string'.

Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:03 am

Love it! Except... the image taken from the "jesusfish", when set up like that... well, it looks like he has a large gaping mouth rather than any meatballs. Sort of disturbing, but also cool, in a way.

Not a bad thing, but it threw me off for a second. :twisted:
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:18 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:Love it! Except... the image taken from the "jesusfish", when set up like that... well, it looks like he has a large gaping mouth rather than any meatballs. Sort of disturbing, but also cool, in a way.

Not a bad thing, but it threw me off for a second. :twisted:

I did think of adding the letters 'FSM' to the character's middle, but decided against the hard work since it's only a placeholder. As I said in my last post, that little chap is just there for fun - so that there wasn't a big hole. I'm hoping that someone will come up with something really cool to go in the gap!

I can re-size the lettering to fit any illustration, if anyone wants to utilise my humble offering in any way.
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby DaveL on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:41 am

That's awesome! The celtic stuff seems kind of fitting - looks good. Perhaps a few skull n' cross bones in there as well to give it a (celtic) piratey feel.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:09 am

DaveL wrote:That's awesome! The celtic stuff seems kind of fitting - looks good. Perhaps a few skull n' cross bones in there as well to give it a (celtic) piratey feel.

Thanks! That's a good idea. I'll have to work on it later.

Here's one with the badge instead of my doodle:

Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby DaveL on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:55 am

YArrrrr...

Are we Cannon or Canon? I still get confused, whaddyer reckon? That looks even more awesome BTW!
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Ubi Dubius on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:14 am

I'd think "Canon" is correct. One "n" refers to church law, two "n"s refers to artillery. Using the 2nd may have been intentional, for humorous effect.

I think it's funny, anyway.

:whistle:
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:34 am

Well spotted, lads! :blush: It should be an aural pun.

Here's the correct (?) spelling…

Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:02 am

Yo quiero, Tigger, very awesome. Could you maybe pop a "First Edition" in there too?

MonkeysInACan wrote:Well it looks like I know what I'll be working on for the next few days. :grin: I really need to check this forum more often. If you hadn't said something about this on facebook I would have never known about this.

Yeah sorry dude, I thought I told you about it.

Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Next

Return to Art and Artistic Adaptations