Venganza People Google Map

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby Ubi Dubius on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:11 pm

Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
User avatar
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!
 
Posts: 5253
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:50 pm
Location: Varrrrrrgggggghhhhhhinia

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby ~NoodleDemon~ on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:36 pm

Ubi Dubius wrote:
Tigger_the_Wing wrote:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Because that would leave them open to prosecution under Ireland's new blasphemy-libel law.


What?! :shocked: Where?!! :paranoid: Why haven't I been told?!!! :furious:


It passed on Friday by one vote. Here's the Friendly Atheist link on it: http://friendlyatheist.com/2009/07/13/the-blaspheming-begins/. There are many other news articles about it.


The news makes me pretty sad, but the comments are pure win!
I hope you're on the recieving end of an improbability equation wherein something happens to you that's as unlikely as Rob Schneider winning a best actor Oscar on the same day Michael Jackson single handedly captures Osama Bin Laden. ~ Rainswept

O.K. Everything else is just stuff you do while you are waiting to have sex. Sin. WoE. ~ Warlord of Elephants

Image Image Image
User avatar
~NoodleDemon~
Brewmeister
 
Posts: 1936
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:10 am
Location: Southern NJ.

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:40 pm

Thank you!

I've been thinking - such a law actually plays right into the hands of people who would like the promotion of religions of all kinds to be done in private. It is my humble opinion that no religious sentiment can possibly be expressed without upsetting someone with a different view. That means that no religious sentiment can be expressed without the expressor putting themselves in danger of prosecution. :evilgrin:

And the rest of us can carry on quietly observing our own beliefs without being harangued.

Door-to-door God-botherers can now have the Gardai called on them! Yay!

And atheists aren't at risk. Their is never any need for atheists to make any statements on religion whatever. Statements of fact aren't covered by this law, so simply stating a belief in accepted scientific theories cannot be called out by the fundies.

And all those rabid people trying to drum up support for suicide bombers etc. can now be arrested for offending Christians!
User avatar
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It
 
Posts: 4388
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:44 pm
Location: Pyrate of the Canberrean

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby DaveL on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:21 am

Does that mean religious people can get sued for blaspheming atheists as well - you know, 'turn or burn' etc?
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
User avatar
DaveL
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4904
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:57 pm
Location: Van Diemens Land

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby ~NoodleDemon~ on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:37 pm

This could turn quite epic here...

Battleground Ireland, everyone.
I hope you're on the recieving end of an improbability equation wherein something happens to you that's as unlikely as Rob Schneider winning a best actor Oscar on the same day Michael Jackson single handedly captures Osama Bin Laden. ~ Rainswept

O.K. Everything else is just stuff you do while you are waiting to have sex. Sin. WoE. ~ Warlord of Elephants

Image Image Image
User avatar
~NoodleDemon~
Brewmeister
 
Posts: 1936
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:10 am
Location: Southern NJ.

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:10 am

I just added myself to the map, in a rather approximate manner.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
-------------------------------
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
-------------------------------
Image
User avatar
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister
 
Posts: 1932
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:13 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby Elvalia on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:05 pm

I adjusted my location! So now it shows me in the city, at the university. I didn't put it on my actual house, though, because you can actually see it... it's a little creepy.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
User avatar
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers
 
Posts: 5288
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:12 pm
Location: With the mooses. Meese?

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby Ubi Dubium on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:50 pm

Elvalia wrote:I adjusted my location! So now it shows me in the city, at the university. I didn't put it on my actual house, though, because you can actually see it... it's a little creepy.


Yes, security is a good thing, especially since we don't know where Ken Worley is right now.

(El+2)
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
User avatar
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball
 
Posts: 2563
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: This is my brain, and I live in it.

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby Cricket on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:56 pm

Yes, security is a good thing, especially since we don't know where Ken Worley is right now.


And Thanks!! - tea just came out my nose!! :lol:
Empusa's crew, so naked-new they may not face the fire,
But weep that they bin too small to sin to the height of their desire,
(Kipling)
User avatar
Cricket
Tortellini Third Mate
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby ciaran54 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:54 am

Quite a few people near me... *GULP*

:paranoid:
Image

- At least if i die doing something i love, I'll never live to regret it

- Why does everyone have to have an opinion on a glass of water? It's half a glass of water and that's good enough for me.

- No one ever reads this, do they? (except ham nox, for some reason)
User avatar
ciaran54
Tortellini Third Mate
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:52 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby DavidH on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:45 am

I'm on the map at last, folks.

EDIT: Hey, db, I know Camberley really well. You must be very near the 'Jolly Farmer'. Wish I had £1 for every hour I've spent lugging a rifle around in the shite on Old Dean Common!
Image
User avatar
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk
 
Posts: 4410
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:23 pm
Location: Herefordshire, Western England

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby farfalla on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:00 pm

if have time would consider searching stomping grounds of local pastafarians while here but low on stalker genes (they are in the wash)


(welcome to the oft neglected map DH)
~~~~~~/\~~~~~~

The heart has its reason, of which reason knows nothing. -Pascal - thanks, Z

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."
Cpt Jack Sparrow

"I'm used to going out at 3 in the morning and doing something stupid."
Alan Moore

Silk 'n mind
User avatar
farfalla
Feline Fatale
 
Posts: 10467
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:13 am
Location: by the waterfall

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby DavidH on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:08 pm

farfalla wrote:(welcome to the oft neglected map DH)

Thank 'ee kindly, Ma'am. Now when you say you are here, does that mean here or somewhere else?
Image
User avatar
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk
 
Posts: 4410
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:23 pm
Location: Herefordshire, Western England

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby farfalla on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:11 pm

somewhere else .... than here or over there... not sure .. must get coffee
~~~~~~/\~~~~~~

The heart has its reason, of which reason knows nothing. -Pascal - thanks, Z

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."
Cpt Jack Sparrow

"I'm used to going out at 3 in the morning and doing something stupid."
Alan Moore

Silk 'n mind
User avatar
farfalla
Feline Fatale
 
Posts: 10467
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:13 am
Location: by the waterfall

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby PantyGnawer on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:16 pm

I hadn't looked at that map in a while. Wow!


Sooooo............, in hindsight.........., putting the username and password up for any random hooligan to see use and have anonymous control over in this den of bedlam.........


Not such a good idea.
User avatar
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants
 
Posts: 4481
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:17 pm
Location: Ask yer Mom.

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron