Plot ideas for Films

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Plot ideas for Films

Postby fueledbycoffee on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:25 pm

Here's an idea for a short comic I had a while ago. Could work for a film. Incidentally, it came to me just after being fired from Wal-Mart Electronics for trying to get my coworkers to organize. Let's see if I can remember it...

Ok, so four Wal-Mart employees, three from Electronics and one from Sporting Goods, steal all the guns and ammo from Sporting Goods, and a few tents, and hole up in Electronics (In our store, it was sectioned off by three actual walls.) They proceed to declare independence from the United States, and survive for weeks by conducting raids into the food aisle, where they steal ramen and soda. After a few weeks, the army finally kills them.

Isn't it wonderful? I was reading a lot of Marx at the time.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby PKMKII on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:35 pm

I think that would work well, if you did a whole angle where the army wanted to storm the place immediately, but wal-mart kept stopping them, trying to handle the issue "internally". Would underscore the point of Wal-mart having a power rivaling governments.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby pieces o'nine on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:41 pm

Don't forget to sign a telegenic star to play the HR drone sent out at regular intervals to assure everyone that nothing alarming is happening, that the situation is completely under control, and that there is an excellent sale on [FILL IN BLANK] in aisle [X].
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby fueledbycoffee on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:53 pm

Nice. You could probably, with the right writer, turn that into a classic, Dr. Strangelove-style satire. Just of Corporate America instead of nuclear war.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Edd on Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:04 am

Of course, Wal-mart's influence in reality is probably enough to necessitate the fictional store having another name.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby PKMKII on Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:30 am

Edd wrote:Of course, Wal-mart's influence in reality is probably enough to necessitate the fictional store having another name.

Nah, you could call it Wal-mart. There's just no way in hell they'd let you shoot in any of their stores.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:10 am

Or just call it Wall-mart.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby ChowMein on Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:19 pm

There is potential for a Nefyoo and Calico Jack series here .
Those long winded blaggerds Planky , Spot , Bart , Willy et al could make up something epic to be sure .

I'll help , if time and RL allows me to ( ye all moight regret it tho').
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby Edd on Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:01 pm

ChowMein wrote:There is potential for a Nefyoo and Calico Jack series here .

I can see it now.

Follow the hilarious adventures of Nef Yoo Blackbeard and Calico Jack, the quintessential odd couple, as they travel the seven seas and visit exotic continents!
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:24 pm

Or how about the Bromantic Comedy about Qwerty and Scott? Where both male leads are trying to impress the same girl, but then realize where their hearts truly lie.

Cap would be the angry land lady, TS would be the crazy cat person living upstairs, and daftbeaker would be Scotts room-mate or something. I dunno. It could work.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby daftbeaker on Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:32 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:Or how about the Bromantic Comedy about Qwerty and Scott? Where both male leads are trying to impress the same girl, but then realize where their hearts truly lie.

Cap would be the angry land lady, TS would be the crazy cat person living upstairs, and daftbeaker would be Scotts room-mate or something. I dunno. It could work.

Sure. Roy can be the standard 'gaelic accent put in to sell the film to Americans who like to pretend they're Irish'.

How about a slapstick interlude with Ubi Dubius and ET to give the 'tall and short' partnership? Custard pies could be arranged.

I don't think TwistyPuss will like your description of her as 'crazy cat person' though :wink:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:33 pm

Alan Tudyk could play the roles of Mad Will, Black Bart, and DaveL. :grin: :fsm_yarr:

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:12 am

Freaky. I'm watching Serenity right now! (And have been watching Firefly for the last two days.)

You know what? I think that idea could very much work. I can see myself watching that on DVD.

Hmm.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby black bart on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:38 am

Harry Spotter.

An Independent Low Budget British Film in the manner of Kez or The Full Monty.

A shy young lad from Crew who spends all his time at train stations 'Train Spotting' (loads of trains go through Crew Junction...although you could set it at Clapham Junction and make the lad a Londoner from Acton or Muswell Hill (the sort of daft bugger who gets lost in the Aussie Bush).

One day/night a mysterious Steam Train pulls in and Harry gets whisked off to another dimension where he finds a girl friend/life/adventure. But he never loses his fascination for trains and the numbers written on their sides.

The numbers written in his train spotting book turn out to be the key to unlock a mysterious secret.

I get to research lots of train stuff and I get a free ride on the Orient Express, paid for by the Film Studio.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby TwistedSister on Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:47 am

Crazy cat person???? That would be Krazy Kat Lady.

That's all you could come up with?

I thought we were working on the Giant Snail story? :confused:
I had a great idea for Hugh Laurie's part.
[not gonna tell ya now though] :tongue:
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors