Catch!

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Catch!

Postby gannstboy on Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:46 pm

This is forum catch. If you haven't played before, here are the rules. It is a rather simple idea; you catch what the previous person threw, do something with it (drop it or whatever) and throw something else, whether or not it is linked to what you caught. I will start:

I throw a handful of meatballs to the next poster.
"Life, is like a grapefruit. [...]it's orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast." - Douglas Adams (From the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

"Christianity: Believing that a Jewish zombie who was his own father sent himself down to die for the sins of mankind that were started by an animated dirt-man and rib-woman who were tricked into eating magic fruit by a talking snake." -Anonmyous
gannstboy
Lord of Linguini

Re: Catch!

Postby PKMKII on Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:06 pm

I noms them.

I throw a 1987 Honda Civic to the next poster
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby ChowMein on Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:27 pm

There goes my sixth life .

I'm tossing a hairball at the next poster .
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:12 pm

That's what wet wipes were made for. The carpet wasn't much cop anyway.

Catch this Taylor 810 guitar, and be kind to it...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby daftbeaker on Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:13 pm

Excellent, I need more firewood.

I throw a bottle of rum to the next poster. Shame I forgot to put the cork back in :blush:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:21 pm

I catch the bottle, and go into slow motion as I drink all of the freefloating rum before it hits the ground.

I throw a comical Tweety and Sylvester type bomb to the next poster.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby PKMKII on Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:23 pm

Fortunately, all that comes out is a little red flag that says "Bang!"

I throw my voice at the next poster.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:25 pm

Blah blah intelligent poster blah blah.

I throw TS's avatar at Scott.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:31 pm

And I intercept it and lower it gently to the floor, soothing it with kind words to avoid being scratched.

I throw ninety seven multicoloured Pikmin at the next poster.
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby PKMKII on Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:33 pm

And I used King Dedede's Final Smash to pwn them all.

I throw my dirty unmentionables at the next poster.

PKMKII

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:38 pm

And I use them to suffocate all the Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos and Gordos released by the previous poster's Final Smash.

I throw a Bob-omb at the next poster.
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:13 pm

I take it right in the face, because I played the game wrong. XD

I throw a really easy QooC at the next poster.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby PKMKII on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:27 pm

It took a little getting used to, but I took it all, baby.

I throw a K-Rod fast ball at the next poster.

PKMKII

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:32 pm

Ow.

Throws food at Mystery Poster

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:17 am

Voila! The Mystery Poster was I, Detective Turtleneck! This food is delicious!

Throws a spaceship at the next poster.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Next

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes