Can We Do More?

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Can We Do More?

Postby k00kev on Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:09 am

As a recent member, I don't expect my idea to gain much support.

So as far as I've read, our prophet plans on taking the profit
he gets from the store to build this massive pirate ship and whatnot.
Isn't that against the 6th I'd Really Rather You Didn't?

6.I'd Really Rather You Didn't Build Multimillion-Dollar Churches/Temples/Mosques/Shrines To My Noodly Goodness When The Money Could Be Better Spent (Take Your Pick):
A.Ending Poverty
B.Curing Diseases
C.Living In Peace, Loving With Passion, And Lowering The Cost Of Cable
I Might be a Complex-Carbohydrate Omniscient Being, But I Enjoy The Simple Things In Life. I Ought To Know. I AM the Creator.

I think our prophet should use the money to do what no other church is willing to do;
Donate, without any religious ties.(IRRYD#1)
To be honest, I think this would increase our popularity and our support.

RAmen
k00kev
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Can We Do More?

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:19 pm

Tricky one.

I agree that performing random acts of charity gets our church noticed, in a good way.

But we have nowhere that people can focus on; my house might be used for weekly pasta meals but it isn't a 'house of worship' (or a 'ship of worhouse', for that matter…) and thus isn't a building that people can point to and say 'Pastafarians worship there'.

Increasing old-fashioned pirates is a large part of our mission; how are we supposed to do that without a ship?

Hmmm… :confused:

Food for thought there, Kev!
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Scott the Pirate on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:33 pm

With one post and one thread i had k00kev pegged for a spambot...

If i ever find myself in a situation where i can financially support a food pantry in the name of the FSM i will.
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Edd on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:25 pm

While Bobby may be the prophet of Pastafarianism, his money is really his to do with as he sees fit.

Now, as like-minded, charitable followers of the FSM, we could try to organize worldwide support of some particular cause but I think the current grassroots approach taken by many of the chapters and even individuals is doing a lot toward promoting a positive view of our ‘church’ and its philosophy.

Trying to create an umbrella organization to tie us all together would consume time and money as well as generating bureaucratic red tape and levels of management responsible for all the housekeeping that comes along with all institutes of this size, resources that could be better spent spreading the word and encouraging a more Pastafarian way of life in our immediate communities on a more personal level.

IMO, this forum is a great way to connect many of us from all over and I would really like to see more serious threads covering current events and topics that we should all be aware of; Cardinal Fang can’t do it all.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:12 am

They are, of course, "I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts" not technically anything wrong with ignoring them at all :P

I think that a certain amount of physical space is good to have for centralized worship/organization. Right now we're all on the 'net, which doesn't really exist! O.o

I think the rule really applies to the situations when there's PLENTY of spaces available already, and someone keeps going and building more and putting in plasma screen TVs and Starbucks.

If we can build a real church or pirate ship, we can use it to better donate to charity, so I'm sure it's all part of the plan.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Scott the Pirate on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:33 am

I need to hit the lottery!
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Dudeman55556 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:48 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:Right now we're all on the 'net, which doesn't really exist! O.o

Lol. Tell that to anonymous (a closet pastafarian).
"I would think the power of christ would at least come with a built-in spellchecker."
-Travis Waldera
Dudeman55556
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Return to The Cause