Plushie?

Found a stunning new portrayal of His Noodly Majesty? New art, adapted art, links to do-it-yourself art? Realistic, conceptual, whatever? Post it here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Plushie?

Postby climberslacker on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:55 pm

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a FSM plushie? Ive seen a bunch of them on the main site, but now I want my own little FSM!!! :furious: Any Ideas? :lech:
climberslacker
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Plushie?

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:50 am

I have a couple of home-made FSMs. Neither is a plushie, though. One is tiny, made out of little polystyrene balls (from a craft shop) and multi-coloured pipecleaners. The other is made from larger polystyrene balls and hair noodles. :haha:

Use your imagination! I'm sure that, with a little application, you'll figure out some way of creating your own little FSM. After all, as you are here, you are obviously highly intelligent! :idea:

And there's no wrong way to make His likeness!
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Re: Plushie?

Postby Ubi Dubium on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:26 am

I made a bunch of these for last holiday. It's pretty easy.

You'll need: Pipe cleaners, big googly eyes, wire, yarn or pompoms, and hot glue.

I made pompoms using some nice meatbally colors of yarn, and left a couple of the ends long for tying. If you don't know how to make pompoms, just buy some big brown ones.

Then, cut one pipe cleaner in half, fold one piece in half, and hot glue googly eyes to the ends.

Take 15 full length pipe cleaners, plus the one with the eyes, and wrap them very tightly around the middle with some heavy wire. Then tie on the pompoms (glue on the commercial ones) and artfully bend all the noodly appendages around until you are happy with them. Voila!

I've seen other versions using lots and lots of heavy chenille yarn for the appendages. Those look much more cuddly, but harder to pose.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Return to Art and Artistic Adaptations