BACON!!!

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: BACON!!!

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:24 pm

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:Anchovies are delicious.
Coffee is delicious too. I wouldn't put it on a pizza, though.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby henry morgan on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:42 pm

you got the bacon, bacon cheeseburger, bacon with scallops,bacon with pizza, bacon with pancakes, bacon with sausage, bacon with bacon
henry morgan
Ziti Zealot

Postby PKMKII on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:59 pm

It's official; the Japanese have better McDonald's than we do.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Ubi Dubium on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:24 pm

In Hawaii, we saw McDonalds serving these:

I'd rather have the bacon and potato one!
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby bacon on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:00 am

i've read on-line in a couple of places now about bacon wrapped hot dogs. has anybody ever tried one?

Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:06 pm

i wull tell ya how ta mek

mango blud

furst get a mango
wipe mango iz tha bess wun
fer dis wessypee

den
ummmm

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

den
FLAY THA MANGO!
i comandid
hokay mango dis b et fer ye an i flayd tha mango an mush tha gutz an alla tha blud dint get inna boul an tha mango b wery slippy an i dropt et sum tyme

dis lotta werk so i wull cell tha mango blud fer a shillin fer a sip !
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Postby PKMKII on Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:42 pm

In some parts of Canada and the northeastern U.S., McDonalds sells the McLobster roll:

ET barfing/screaming in 5, 4, 3...
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Ugh. Fake lobster.

Thisis more appropriate for this thread I think.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby anthrobabe on Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:40 pm

bacon wrote:i've read on-line in a couple of places now about bacon wrapped hot dogs. has anybody ever tried one?

Bacon wrapped hot dogs are a classic- of what I don't know- but they've been around forever.
Try this
get a pack of hot dogs, some pre-cooked bacon (or cook your own), and a package of refrigerated cresent rolls.
Open the rolls and seperate them like it says on the package, roll up 1 hot dog and some bacon in each roll and bake in the oven according to roll directions.

Or take raw bacon and hot dogs-- wrap bacon around the dog and hold it in place with large toothpicks- heat up the fryer (like a fry daddy) and fry until the bacon is done. If the hot dogs get too done then pre-cook the bacon a bit in the microwave before you wrap it around them and fry them.

Have your cardiologist on speed dial.
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:39 pm

henry morgan wrote:you got the bacon, bacon cheeseburger, bacon with scallops,bacon with pizza, bacon with pancakes, bacon with sausage, bacon with bacon

ye fergotid bakin wiff spam!
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Postby PKMKII on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:20 pm

A bacon-themed F*** My Life:
Today, I was making out with my boyfriend. I opened my eyes to see his eyes fixed on something else. I turned my head to see what was so interesting. He was on his iPhone looking up recipes for things to wrap in bacon. FML

PKMKII

Postby Mad Maud on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:39 am

http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/page/1

Stumbled across this site today. Pretty much proves that bacon can be added to anything. :oops:

As for me, I try to avoid bacon ( :blush: ) most of the time, but every now and then I get the urge for it. ADoS teases me because I'll eat hash browns and bacon...but not whole eggs - just the whites.
Mad Maud
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Scott the Pirate on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:32 pm

I like to wrap my pork-loins in bacon before i put them on the smoker. Keeps them nice and juicy.

My favorite Subway sub though....is NOT on the 6g of fat or less menu. The Club....double meat, double cheese, add bacon, 4 stripes light mayo (don't know why i bother with the "light"...), lettuce, onion, jalapeno, tiny bit of dijon mustard.

Yummy!
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby PKMKII on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:21 am

Saturday I had this dish at a local greek restaurant:
Agnanti Wrap
thinly rolled pastry wrapped around creamy cheese and bacon

PKMKII

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:56 pm

PKMKII wrote:Saturday I had this dish at a local greek restaurant:
Agnanti Wrap
thinly rolled pastry wrapped around creamy cheese and bacon
Cheese, bacon and pastry?

http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/page/1
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

PreviousNext

Return to Food