Answers in Genesis Commercial

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Answers in Genesis Commercial

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Tue May 12, 2009 2:11 pm

HA!
Woite!

Dere be noe menshun offe vans inna bibil!
:stupid:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Tue May 12, 2009 2:16 pm

i fownd im!

cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Re: New theory for the extinction of dinosaurs

Postby Andrey Kurtenkov on Wed May 13, 2009 12:52 am

Prior to knowing this new hypothesis, I was sure that Baldrick's underpants were responsible for the dinosaurs' extinction (the main evidence is in "Blackadder Back & Forth" - indeed, what percentage of our time must sabreurs fence other weapons to be on the level of Baldrick's underpants?).
daftbeaker wrote:
Andrey Kurtenkov wrote:Recently a Russian scientist has proposed another version for the extinction of dinosaurs:Image
That is a work of genius. I like the elephant directing the broadside :cool:
En mateno de hela ero, per la forĉo de espero, venas viglaj pastafaroj, vere fluganta gefratoj.
Ah, vi flugu, Nia Monstro! Vin observas milionoj serĉiantaj vermiĉeloj, per espero kaj per amo.
Kaj la bona pastafaro post la malfermita pordo, trovos la eternan vivon en pastafara paradizo!
Pastafarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!
Българска пастафарианска църква (Bulgarian Pastafarian Church)
- за прослава на Макаронения Бог :worship: :fsm_float:
Andrey Kurtenkov
Chitarra Captain

Postby Scott the Pirate on Wed May 13, 2009 4:59 pm

As likely as any other creationist argument i suppose....
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

I agree... WTF

Postby sharzah on Sat May 16, 2009 8:59 am

Yeah, my reaction on seeing it was also "WTF?" And try as I might, I'm still having a hard time comprehending what it's trying to say. I'm not clear on who's presumably not mattering to god--the viewer or the shooter? If it's the viewer (me), then should I then assume the shooter is someone who DOES matter to god? And if so, why would I want to be like someone who shoots people?

And if the shooter is the one who doesn't matter to god, then how am I to interpret the drawing of the gun? Is it just the fact that he has a gun that's the problem? It would actually make more sense if he pointed the gun at himself.

The only other interpretation I can come up with is that neither of us matters to god. I don't matter to god; I don't matter to the shooter who also doesn't matter to god... so what? Are they suggesting that if I turn to god nobody will be able to ever turn a gun on me?
- "sharzah"
sharzah
Conchigliette Convert

Re: I agree... WTF

Postby daftbeaker on Sat May 16, 2009 9:58 am

sharzah wrote:Are they suggesting that if I turn to god nobody will be able to ever turn a gun on me?

No, if you Believe in the True God you will be able to turn aside bullets. It's in the bible according to Falwell et. al.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Scott the Pirate on Wed May 20, 2009 3:38 pm

You can also cure diseases by touching people, but only ones that are self-limiting anyway...

www.whydoesgodhateamputees.com
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby PKMKII on Fri May 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Andrey Kurtenkov wrote:Recently a Russian scientist has proposed another version for the extinction of dinosaurs:

I like Robot Chicken's version of how it went down.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Spector567 on Sun May 31, 2009 4:52 pm

It continues There message is clear and stupid.

http://www.thegoodatheist.net/2009/05/s ... -atheists/

I mean seriously. WTF.

I let the idea sort of slow before because, In short it was hard to find any independent evidence for the video. It could have been a spoof of some sort.

However, I think the addition of a billboard makes it clear. These people are down-right evil.

So far, they insinuate a threat, next they leave it hanging, than before people can come and Say WTF they put a pretty short sighted explanation that is un-true. The sad part is that this is a religious organization apparently devoted to truth.

They also try to pull the race card by suggesting the swedian is racist. Several articles related to the build board suggest the evolution is somehow racist..... I'm very confused. I have been unable to find one black person on there site and some how believing in evolution is racist?

I wonder how they feel about the fact that all of there members are going to hell for lying?
Spector567
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:39 am

You do know that billboard has likely been photoshopped? One of the comments in your link was the second one which I think is more likely to be the real one (given that it's much closer to the video's message and less mental).

One:

Two (suspiciously similar):

Edit- Just had a closer look at the 'sweden' billboard photo in that link, there's bits of shadowing round the text (specifically to the left of 'Sweden' and below 'you for'). Looks like a botched photoshop job intended to show how stupid the creationist message was through parody. Perhaps the FSM was drunk when he altered the picture?
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

daftbeaker

Postby Spector567 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:30 am

Look up AiG and billboards, they link some on there site under old news and there pretty much the same.

but I will give you that something is fishy when you showed me both pictures.

No matter how it stands. AiG does represent everything we stand against.
Spector567
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Deftera on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:49 am

I just flagged it. It's clearly hate speech on the statement alone let alone the video which hints that non Christians deserve to die.
Deftera
Ziti Zealot

Postby Scott the Pirate on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:53 pm

Slightly off topic:

I saw a commercial last night for www.jfbelievers.com/superior . The commercial is, well, check it out. It's the top right one of the four at this site.

Is it just me or is jesus an obese guy with pigtails?
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby daftbeaker on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:12 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:Slightly off topic:

I saw a commercial last night for http://www.jfbelievers.com/superior . The commercial is, well, check it out. It's the top right one of the four at this site.

Image Image
:haha: :haha: :haha:

daftbeaker

Postby Scott the Pirate on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:39 pm

Did you watch the commercial though db?
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM