Annual Feed Homeless Day?

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Annual Feed Homeless Day?

Postby Scramby on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:45 pm

What about organizing an Annual Feed Spaghetti and Meatballs to the homeless day?

I mean, those heathens feed the homeless on Christmas.

It would be a good way to get some positive media exposure, and spread the joy of the great noodley one.

Maybe we can really amp it up, and have strippers serve the spaghetti and meatballs with a cup of beer?

Kinda like heaven on earth no?
"Embodiment of Christ? Well, the Flying Spaghetti Monsters is now in my body, and he was delicious."
Scramby
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Annual Feed Homeless Day?

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:16 pm

They're always haveing spaghetti dinners at the Baptist Church across the street here, and at the Grange hall down at the corner. Those are the only facilities in town that would work, and everybody would just think we were the Baptists. :cry:

Besides, I don't think there are any homeless people in this town. If there were they'd be right out front here, since the whole town is only about 400 yards from end to end....Maybe some of the folks who live in towns that actually have a town could do something.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Scott the Pirate on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:49 pm

Just finally noticed this thread.... Bad Me!

On the bus late last month i overheard a guy complaining about all of the homeless and the "vagrants" who come through Duluth in the summer. He said that they "should all be rounded up and put to work or just put in jail". Then i noticed his "WWJD" bracelet and the intellectual gloves came off. I made sure that there were no kids on the bus and said "Is that really what jesus would do? Lock them up? Are you f*cking serious? You have the nerve to wear that bracelet and call yourself a christian and yet your answer to the problem of homelessness is 'lock them all up'? You f*cking hypocrites make me sick to my stomach."

The driver said over the PA "Even though you're right you need to watch your language there guy!"

:smile:
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Dudeman55556 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:05 pm

Strippers and beer are out of the question. That would be negative media exposure. But if anyone wants to do something like it in Eugene Oregon, we could go door to door as suggested in by Jhereg in this forum: http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1254&start=45 i'd be up for it.

We could use use Jhereg's speech (slightly modified to include stuff about feeding the homeless) to raise funds for pasta and sauce. Or get donations of pasta and sauce. Or just food in general, if they don't have pasta and are unwilling to give money.

Intro:
"Ahoy there, matey/lass! I be the scurvy pirate (insert name here) here ter represent pastafarians round' the globe! We be spreadin' the word of His Holy Noodlyness, and we need but a mom't of yer time" (now of course, you will be in full pirate regalia with pamphlets and probably a large either chest or piratey-type storage device.) At this point in time, you will present the pamphlet to the person at the door.
Midrap:
"Now we be a tolerant group o' pasta-lovin' pirates, but Y'aar we be needin yer help. Ye see, as the population of piratey folk be dwindlin', the globe be warmin' up greatly. Now there is sometin' aught to do about it, I shan't lie ter ye there! What we be needin of you is teh take me scimitar here" (hand them the scimitar) " that be good, that be good! Now tell it to the world ' Y'aar, the world be needin' more pirates!' Excellent, Lass/Laddie, mos' excellent indeed."
Close:
After they wave the sword, make sure you get it back, then end with this." Thank ye, thank ye so much fer yer time. I do have but one humble request ter make of thee. We do be but a motley crew, this scurvy lot, and methinks ye might be of some assistance. Ye see, we have aught to celebrate with on this coming Friday night, as you know, a day of pasta and beverage! So I be thinkin' that you might be havin' a spare box o' pasta, or maybe a spare jar o' pasta sauce fer us teh take. Y'haar, thankee kindly, so kindly! We'll be headin on our way. Avast!"

We could say "methinks ye might be of some assistance. Ye see, we want to help feed the many homeless in our community, and if you had some pasta, or spaghetti sauce, or if youre willing to donate money to buy pasta and spaghetti sauce..." something like that.
"I would think the power of christ would at least come with a built-in spellchecker."
-Travis Waldera
Dudeman55556
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Return to The Cause