The Devil made me do it!

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: The Devil made me do it!

Postby black bart on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:09 am

It's lucky Moral Minority isn't still with us or this thread would have been deleted by now! :haha:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby farfalla on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:22 am

black bart wrote:
Sheepshank anyone?

BB, I know you just vacationed in Wales, but don't you know the saying, 'What happens in Wales stays in Wales'?
~~~~~~/\~~~~~~

The heart has its reason, of which reason knows nothing. -Pascal - thanks, Z

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."
Cpt Jack Sparrow

"I'm used to going out at 3 in the morning and doing something stupid."
Alan Moore

Silk 'n mind
farfalla
Feline Fatale

Postby daftbeaker on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:25 am

farfalla wrote:
black bart wrote:
Sheepshank anyone?

BB, I know you just vacationed in Wales, but don't you know the saying, 'What happens in Wales stays in Wales'?

Not if she can be squashed into a suitcase :mob:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby black bart on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:27 am

farfalla wrote:
black bart wrote:
Sheepshank anyone?

Well, if only I wasn't so knackered after climbing all those hills!

The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby farfalla on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:29 am

she is lovely, do you mark them in red so you don't 'visit' the same sheep twice?
~~~~~~/\~~~~~~

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."
Cpt Jack Sparrow

Alan Moore

Silk 'n mind
farfalla
Feline Fatale

Postby black bart on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:34 am

farfalla wrote:she is lovely, do you mark them in red so you don't 'visit' the same sheep twice?

No, sheep are rubbish at putting lipstick on.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:05 am

farfalla wrote:she is lovely, do you mark them in red so you don't 'visit' the same sheep twice?

Why wouldn't you want to 'visit' the same sheep twice?
Are you ashamed or something?
There really is no romance in your soul, is there?
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Ubi Dubius on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:37 am

Roy Hunter wrote:

She seems to think that Bart has a fear of commitment. Perhaps that's caused by something in her past.
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby farfalla on Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:15 am

my, my, what negative minds you have - was thinking that our bbart is so fabulous it would only be kind to spread the joy around
~~~~~~/\~~~~~~

Cpt Jack Sparrow

Alan Moore

Silk 'n mind
farfalla
Feline Fatale

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:01 pm

farfalla wrote:my, my, what negative minds you have - was thinking that our bbart is so fabulous it would only be kind to spread the joy around
Tart.
:lech:
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Scott the Pirate on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:29 pm

Best practical joke ever played on me:

We had a party that went to about 4am, i passed out with some young woman at about 5am. My friend Nate left the party at about midnight so he'd be able to get up for his morning shift. He's on his way to work when an idea strikes him. He realizes that i never lock my door, pulls over at a phone booth (this was in '94) and calls the jehovas witnesses kindom hall. At 7:30 am he leaves a message that says (weeping sounds) "My name is Scott and i'm really worried about my soul! I've been drinking and doing drugs and having sex and i need help! I'm still drunk now and i migt pass out before you get here, but my address is __________. Please help me!"

I wake up to jehovas in my house shaking me awake and reading bible verses at me!

:furious:
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby TwistedSister on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:31 pm

[hee, hee, hee]
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:46 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:Best practical joke ever played on me:

We had a party that went to about 4am, i passed out with some young woman at about 5am. My friend Nate left the party at about midnight so he'd be able to get up for his morning shift. He's on his way to work when an idea strikes him. He realizes that i never lock my door, pulls over at a phone booth (this was in '94) and calls the jehovas witnesses kindom hall. At 7:30 am he leaves a message that says (weeping sounds) "My name is Scott and i'm really worried about my soul! I've been drinking and doing drugs and having sex and i need help! I'm still drunk now and i migt pass out before you get here, but my address is __________. Please help me!"

I wake up to jehovas in my house shaking me awake and reading bible verses at me!

That's brilliant. If it's not patented, I'll file it away for possible future use. :evilgrin:
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby PKMKII on Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:02 pm

This one is actually something my brother was a part of. When he was in college, there was a guy in his dorm named Dave. Dave was what you'd call, massively paranoid, just a smidgen shy of crazy. Then one day (this was back in the early/mid 90's) Dave bought himself a brand-new Macintosh, set the thing up, and then went out to class for the day. So my brother and some accomplices snuck into Dave's dorm room, loaded some software onto the Mac that could change basic system sounds, and replaced the error message sound with the soundclip of HAL from 2001 saying "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that." Dave gets back from class, and about 5 to 10 minutes later a blood-curdling scream emanates from his dorm room. :evilgrin:
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:14 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:Best practical joke ever played on me:

Oh, that is brilliant. Sheer brilliance.

Roy Hunter wrote:

Nah, he's just that much of a dud root.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes