The Devil made me do it!

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: The Devil made me do it!

Postby Ubi Dubius on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:30 pm

In college in a tourist town (Williamsburg, Virginia), we were always being asked for directions. Sometimes, we told people to "go down Jamestown Road until it ends, get on the ferry and when you get to the other side of the river, keep going another couple of miles. You can't miss it" when they were going the other way.

My phone number used to be very close to that of a local higher end restaurant. We got calls for them all the time. After a while, instead of giving them the correct number, I just went ahead and told them "OK, we have you down for 7 pm, see you then!"
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Scott the Pirate on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:32 pm

Sigh....

Okay. When i was in college the first time ('92 - '94) i participated in a drive by shooting. With paintball guns. There was a kid who was constantly ratting my room-mates and i for everything that we did. So one night when he went to walk to the college from the dorms, we loaded the paintball guns and jumped in the Jeep. We circled the block a few times and gave him dirty looks. He changed his route. We caught up with him and as soon as he saw us we opened up on him. I think that he thought that we had actual guns.

There it is! Worst thing i feel i've ever done....
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby TwistedSister on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:38 pm

We always get calls from Verizon Business here at work. The last time they called this is how it went.
Me: "Good afternoon, ECS"
Caller: "Hello, this is Verizon Business calling. May I speak to the person in charge of making your business phone decisions?"
Me: "We don't have a phone."
Caller: [moment of dead silence] "You don't have a phone????"
Me: "Nope."
Caller: "Then what do you use??"
Me: "Two tin cans with a string."
Caller: "o.k., may I have your name?"
Me: "No"
Caller: "Thank You."
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Ye oll notty
Ye oll ban
:nefyoobash:
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Ubi Dubius on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:56 pm

Nef Yoo BlackBeard wrote:Ye oll notty
Ye oll ban
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Wrong thread! Bad Nef Yoo. Bad Nef Yoo!

Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:24 pm

Rainswept wrote:The absolute best prank I've ever heard of I only heard about secondhand. The person telling me swore it was 100% true, however.

When he was in college one of his friends turned 21. Most of his friends took the guy out to get him good and hammered, while 2 stayed behind "to study." So while they are out getting this guy as drunk as possible, the 2 stragglers go to his dorm, which has that fake wood paneling that was so popular in the late 70's early 80's, where it's one big thin sheet of wall covering like 10foot square or whatever. Anyway they take the frame off the baseboard and from around his door, take the doorknob off completely, and remove that whole section of wall. Because this fake wood crap is so cheap and people damage it all the time, there was a maintenence closet with replacement pieces, and they took out a brand-new piece and covered the door to his room, making it look just like a hallway wall. They even had a replacement piece of baseboard.

So this poor dude stumbles home that night, drunk out of his mind, and his dorm room is just gone. :drunk:

That's brilliant! What'd the guy do next?
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby Rainswept on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:55 pm

I think he said they found him the next morning asleep in the hall. Apparently he just assumed he was too drunk to find his room, but he knew it was supposed to be near the guy across the hall from him lol.

We did something similar when I was in the Army, One guy came into the barrack blind drunk, and when he went to the john we picked up his bed and took off with it, hid it in the shower. He came back and just wandered around where it was supposed to be mumbling "I don't understand" in this thick Egyptian accent he had. Good times.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:56 pm

What the hell were you doing in the Egyptian Army?
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Rainswept on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:59 pm

:roll:

U.S. Army. 82nd Airborne.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:11 pm

Combat vet?
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Rainswept on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:43 am

Nah. They very thoughtfully didn't have any wars during my 3 years :fsm_ninja:
Rainswept

Postby Ubi Dubium on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:08 am

Ubi Dubius was just down Gruber Road from you in the 18th Airborne Corps Artillery. They thoughtfully didn't have any wars during his time either. I wonder if you were there at the same time?
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby black bart on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:31 am

I was in the 6th Neath Scouts and they didn't have any wars during my time either...didn't even tie any decent knots!

Sheepshank anyone?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Rainswept on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:01 am

Ubi Dubium wrote:Ubi Dubius was just down Gruber Road from you in the 18th Airborne Corps Artillery. They thoughtfully didn't have any wars during his time either. I wonder if you were there at the same time?

I was 319th artillery. From 97-99 I was in Bragg
Rainswept

Postby daftbeaker on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:42 am

black bart wrote:I was in the 6th Neath Scouts and they didn't have any wars during my time either...didn't even tie any decent knots!

Sheepshank anyone?

I never did learn how to tie a horsehitch. On the other hand I've found that a number of reef knots lashed together into a hideous mess will tie most things down :guilty:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes