Pastafarians in Relay for Life/NY Times

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Pastafarians in Relay for Life/NY Times

Postby andrew.cederdahl on Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:09 pm

Greetings Pastafarians,

First, I want to apologize for never actually using these forums. I am President and co-founder of a chapter of Pastafarians at the University of South Carolina. We've been steadily growing and doing big things here. Last February, for Darwin Day, we had a really big debate on the existence of God featuring Dan Barker of the Freedom From Religion Foundation and Kyle Butt from Apologetics Press. We're continuously trying to do more activities and spreading the Gospel of FSM (all articles or anything you've seen suggesting we are a group for secular students is Christian propaganda utilizing the stigma of secularism to attack the legitimacy of the church of FSM, mind you...)

Anyways, I'm posting for two reasons.

1) Be on the lookout for an article in the NY Times next week. No promises, just be on the lookout. Winning the American Atheists Founder's Scholarship tends to get a lot of attention from the media.

2) Pastafarians at USC is participating in the Relay for Life, something we figured would be a great way of reaching people with the message of the FSM in a positive way. We've already reached our modest goal of $300, but we'd like to raise more. If you're feeling generous, why not donate to a great cause?

I plan to do a lap in full pirate regalia for the theme lap. I will also have a pin the noodle on the spaghetti monster game in which participants win prizes. There will be a small entry fee to raise money for research.

Our relay page is here:
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=12688&team_id=337789

Thank you
Andrew Cederdahl
andrew.cederdahl
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Pastafarians in Relay for Life/NY Times

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:57 pm

No apologies needed. I actually stated posting on the forum to talk about my chapter too. It's nice to see another college group having so much success. Can't say the same for the Rutgers Pastafarians. Keep up the good work. Sauce be upon you.

-Captain Jeff Cupo
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Re: Pastafarians in Relay for Life/NY Times

Postby Dudeman55556 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:38 pm

That's great! I love seeing pastafarians/atheists doing good things.
"I would think the power of christ would at least come with a built-in spellchecker."
-Travis Waldera
Dudeman55556
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Return to The Cause