Adam smith's invisible hand

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

A Beautiful Meatball

Postby SpaghettiNumber9 on Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:00 pm

Adam Smith's invisible hand is invisible, precisely because it does not exist; if it did exist, the Flying Spaghetti Monster would have rendered it visible. Occam's Razor suggests not adding an invisible hand in addition to the Flying Spaghetti Monster to account for economic phenomena. Of course, I agree that reform of political economics is necessary and desirable in the light of Flying Spaghetti Monsterism. FSM must not only share equal time with evolution and intelligent design in the science classroom: it must take its rightful place in the economics and social science classroom as well--especially the home economics classroom.

Pastafarianism Game Theory needs its Nash. The discipline of evolutionary game theory, if it is taught at all, must not preempt Pastafarian Game Theory. Allow me to suggest the Fundamental Theorem of Pastafarian Game Theory:

Theorem. An n+1 player game in which the Flying Spaghetti Monster is one of the players is equivalent to an n player game in which the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not one of the players.

This is a mathematical formulation of one of the ineffable mysteries of the Flying Spaghetti Monster: it is necessarily an act of faith that He intercedes in the affairs of the universe at every scale, to produce all of its observable complexity, through the application of simple Recipes.
SpaghettiNumber9
Conchigliette Convert

Postby PastaPlebe on Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:59 pm

Yeah, I think Adam Smith's invisible hand was playing with his own noodly appendage (I mean his mind, of course). About then the scientists kept coming up with new theories for new fields of study, physics, biology, evolution, geology, chemistry, and the economists wanted to play, too. This has persisted to this day; there are countless 'theories' in economics that proport to explain and predict, but none are really viable because by definition they are not objective. All are subject to manipulation, and the entire framework is artificial to begin with. It's a poorly designed socialogical study in greed, engineered in reverse.
PastaPlebe
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Return to Scripture and Lore