Two Million Minutes

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Two Million Minutes

Postby Wawizzle on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:51 pm

www.2mminutes.com

Two Million Minutes is a 1 hour documentary that relates to the "flat earth" theory, that the global economy is flattening out and becoming a level playing field.

The focus of the movie is comparing high school education in America, China, and India. The film follows a boy and girl from each country. It also has several authorities in interviews for their opinions and information on subjects related to the film.

You get a really good glimpse at the difference between the cultures of America and the growing economic superpowers. I absolutely loved this documentary and my teacher is seeing if he can show it to his classes.
“We are often hesitant to look at other faiths or to examine our own critically because we feel that, in doing so, we are being disloyal to our own deeply felt convictions. ... And yet our beliefs are not worth very much if they cannot stand up to any scrutiny.” -- James Livingston.
Wawizzle
Sorcerer of Sauce

Re: Two Million Minutes

Postby Scott the Pirate on Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Don't really have time to look at it at this moment, but showing students "where they stand" in a global context is always a good idea.
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors