I want to Spaghetti

Found a stunning new portrayal of His Noodly Majesty? New art, adapted art, links to do-it-yourself art? Realistic, conceptual, whatever? Post it here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

I want to Spaghetti

Postby remezcle on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:44 am

Thoughts? I watched x-files for the first time today and listed to some of the "Portable Atheist" audiobook... and out came this...
:fsm: i believe in the flying spaghetti monster :fsm:
remezcle
Ziti Zealot

Re: I want to Spaghetti

Postby DaveL on Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:00 am

Yarrrrr...

We'll get Agent Mulder right on to it. One invisible phenomena is just as good as another...
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL on Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:45 pm

Do you mean the X-Files? If so, yes the show was quite hammy...
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby remezcle on Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:16 pm

I do mean the x-files... was watching it.. was bored.. wanted to do something in photoshop :D
:fsm: i believe in the flying spaghetti monster :fsm:
remezcle
Ziti Zealot

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Does Photoshop generate shadows automatically? I only ask because the shadows make the FSM appear to be hovering in front of a poster instead of being in the landscape.
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Ubi Dubius on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:08 am

The FSM, being able to move easily through normal matter, may float in front of, inside, or behind, any poster. The ways of the FSM are mysterious, especially when drunk. 8)
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:05 am

Ubi Dubius wrote:The FSM, being able to move easily through normal matter, may float in front of, inside, or behind, any poster. The ways of the FSM are mysterious, especially when drunk. 8)

Excellent description of the noodly one - but doesn't actually answer my question, which was about Photoshop!

Oh well, I don't suppose I'll get an answer now. :?
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:44 am

You can produce a shadow against say, a wall or some other vertical surface, fairly easily. Copy the shape of the object you are adding into the picture and add it in as an adjustment layer (I think?) behind the layer with object you're adding. You want it to make the shape of the object a bit darker, and you want it offset to one side and down a bit so it matches the lighting of the rest of the picture. That's how I'd do it anyway.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Return to Art and Artistic Adaptations