Have we ever considered a Loose Canon wiki?

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Have we ever considered a Loose Canon wiki?

Postby maldaen on Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:58 pm

With wikis like Encyclopedia Dramatica out there cataloging the horrors of the internets (as though it were needed), I believe it would only make sense that we should set up a bountiful resource for all materials properly introduced and codified into the Loose Canon. Only once we have collated our discoveries can we hope to achieve the possibility of a definitive scripture that properly expands upon the Gospel. What say ye?
maldaen
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Have we ever considered a Loose Canon wiki?

Postby DaveL on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:52 pm

Arghhh matey,

It's a fine idea and you are dead right. Interestingly, the Gospel actually came after the scriptures, which the members started, when this board got up.

A few years ago your idea was was tried (several times), with no less 2 super dedicated people to select and compile scriptures. Another person created a Wiki site for us to add stuff. But sadly, it lost momentum and in the end support. It's just adhoc scripture writing these days, which is kinda sad.

I was involved back then, so I can point you to some hidden relics if ye'd like.

If you are super keen, have loads of time on your hands and can muster a few helpers - it could work. I might be able to garner official support if ye like, but it's a huge undertaking.

Plus we'd prefer you to have fun here, not get bogged down compiling noodly prayers all day. :D
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby maldaen on Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:10 pm

DaveL wrote:Arghhh matey,

It's a fine idea and you are dead right. Interestingly, the Gospel actually came after the scriptures, which the members started, when this board got up.

A few years ago your idea was was tried (several times), with no less 2 super dedicated people to select and compile scriptures. Another person created a Wiki site for us to add stuff. But sadly, it lost momentum and in the end support. It's just adhoc scripture writing these days, which is kinda sad.

I was involved back then, so I can point you to some hidden relics if ye'd like.

If you are super keen, have loads of time on your hands and can muster a few helpers - it could work. I might be able to garner official support if ye like, but it's a huge undertaking.

Plus we'd prefer you to have fun here, not get bogged down compiling noodly prayers all day. :D

Well, sometimes having fun involves being a part of something really cool. Besides, a wiki and compilation of scripture would put us closer to a "bible", which then puts us closer the pinnacle of our fun and hilarity: pissing off the current religious establishment's overlords by becoming a legally-recognized religion across the world. Just as it should be. I'm a sucker for putting my time towards a good cause.
So yeah, point me to thy ancient wisdom!
maldaen
Conchigliette Convert

Postby DaveL on Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:02 pm

Yarrrr

Maldaen, you are a fine Pasatafarian indeed, but you'll need help matey.

I'll get in touch with a few ole Cannon pals (many who live at the Toadfish Monastery). You can see what you think of the unfinished works when I send you the links.

There are bucket loads of official scripture who were compiled by Solipsy in Old threads. If you go over there, you will see some oldies but goodies.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Pesto on Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:34 pm

Sounds good, I'd like to help in any way I can.
Pesto
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:11 am

DaveL wrote:A few years ago your idea was was tried (several times), with no less 2 super dedicated people to select and compile scriptures. Another person created a Wiki site for us to add stuff. But sadly, it lost momentum and in the end support. It's just adhoc scripture writing these days, which is kinda sad.

I'm working on compiling a hard copy of the Loose Canon for my congregation so I've been looking over Solipsy's work in the Old Posts. It's an impressive 80 some pages worth, but I was wondering if there was more. Was Solipsy the only one compiling it?
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby DaveL on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:02 pm

Solipsy and Fusion Tortellini charged with compiling it. She also encouraged the rest of us to get writing stuff and the results were hilarious.
It was a mighty effort, but sad that it never saw light.

There was an official selection process, some works got canonised, some didn't. But they were compiled in the wiki, which was setup by Alpaca (he's over at the Toadfish Monastery these days...)

http://toadfishmonastery.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=32

He has an offsite link to the Loose Canon wiki. I'll PM him.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:36 am

DaveL wrote:Solipsy and Fusion Tortellini charged with compiling it. She also encouraged the rest of us to get writing stuff and the results were hilarious.
It was a mighty effort, but sad that it never saw light.

There was an official selection process, some works got canonised, some didn't. But they were compiled in the wiki, which was setup by Alpaca (he's over at the Toadfish Monastery these days...)

http://toadfishmonastery.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=32

He has an offsite link to the Loose Canon wiki. I'll PM him.

Very cool dude, thanks. I agree, a lot of that stuff was very funny. Ode to Cheeses was pretty sweet btw. I also agree that it's a shame for them to do so much great work, but not quite reach the end. I'd be more than happy to continue these ancient scribes' work.
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby PantyGnawer on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:13 am

It is too bad that the toadfishes abandoned this place. I wonder what happened. :roll:

and what ever became of the Llamas?
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby DaveL on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:58 am

Guys,

Most of the Toadfish wrote the scriptures, so I'll see how much support I can muster over there.
The Cannon totally rocked - it was used to kill us all laughing.

Platypus, thanks for showing so much interest, it deserves to get up. Solipsy got quite ill, then it just stopped.

Let us know if you need anything - a thread in announcements, support from the staff here, I'll be glad to help.

I'll PM Alpaca, BTW!

PS Can any of you write in Wiki?
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:41 am

Et al sowndes loike werk ta me .
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:06 pm

DaveL wrote:Platypus, thanks for showing so much interest, it deserves to get up. Solipsy got quite ill, then it just stopped.

Let us know if you need anything - a thread in announcements, support from the staff here, I'll be glad to help.

No prob. Right now my hobbies include watching TV and sleeping, so it'll be good to start doing something productive. I'll start working out a gameplan and I'll fill you in in a couple of days.

DaveL wrote:PS Can any of you write in Wiki?

I'm wikilliterate. In fact, I'm pretty computer illiterate in general, despite being a college student.

Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Alpaca on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:33 pm

Hallo.

As far as I recall, there was a Loose Cannon wiki in progress at some point, and it was hosted on the Venganza server. Then some stupid people decided to start vandalizing the thing, so Bobby password-protected it and it essentially stagnated. If y'all are lucky, you could perhaps get somebody from the server-administration side of things to bring it up from the depths.

Else, I have Solipsy's original Loose Cannon site archived here. Note that this is just an exact replica of something that was hosted elsewhere, and no effort has been made to fix broken links, missing images, etc, so you may find the full list of files useful if you wanna reconstruct it.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:56 pm

Sweet dude, thanks

Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby DancingKitty on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:03 pm

Just beware Bobby's legal threats...if he even cares anymore.

He was absent for aeons at a time in the past, he is now, and the threats DO tend to come out of...nowhere, when there's nothing illegal being done.

We tried hard to adapt what we had to what he wanted for the Wiki back in the day, but it's hard to hold a conversation with someone that's not there. Ever.

Also, he doesn't answer questions. If he did, there'd be none of the Ancient History that went on to wonder about.

Also, the original purpose of Pastafanarianism wasn't as stated above. That is HAS become that?? All the more reason to stay away.

ALSO...

Now, to delete this membership...not that it's been used much!
DancingKitty
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Next

Return to Scripture and Lore