Epic Road Trip in the works.

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Epic Road Trip in the works.

Postby LibraLabRat on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:49 pm

As many of you may know, I am currently in Iraq.

When I get home in the near future, I have some things to get straight, but then Mrs. LLR and I are going on what can only be described as an EPIC ROAD TRIP. We are starting from Dallas, TX, heading east to Louisiana, then north to drop my offspring off at the demoness who helped bring her into the world. Then, North to Shreveport for a spot of light gambling.

After that, the trip is unplanned, generally. We know that we are going to go through Colorado Springs, CO (There is a restaurant there called Mataam Fez which is super awesome. No pasta, though.) We will also be going through part of Wyoming and Montana, then across to Vancouver, WA to visit a relative.

Then, south and back across the southwest until we hit our house in Oklahoma.

Basically we are going to be camping most of the way. If you know of cool sights, nifty campsites, or are willing to offer a beer, bowl of pasta and a shower to weary travellers, I would love to hear from you.

My "real" email addy is available on request. Some folks in here can generally vouch for my Ok-ness. I promise I do not have PTSD. Maybe a light TBI, but that was from bumping my head on an air conditioner, not combat stuff. Oddly, that same day I got to meet Gary Sinise, and have pics to prove it.

SO advice, tips, or anything else, I am all ears.
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Re: Epic Road Trip in the works.

Postby LibraLabRat on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:48 pm

SO far we have decided on Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, a bit of Idaho, then Washington. From there, it depends on how much money is left.
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:23 pm

I'd recommend Utah for Bryce Canyon and Arches NP. Yosemite is unreal, too. Take back roads as much as possible. I did the Grand Tour on a MC back around 1982, and I promise there's way more to see on the byways than on the highways.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby LibraLabRat on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:31 pm

Which is totally my intent. We are currently getting offers from E-friends of ours accross the country for at least one nights lodging and beer....

I want to see the real America I have been defending for a year.
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby DancingKitty on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:10 pm

Ratty, baby, this is yer Auntie...

You have my e-mail. Let me know when you'll be in my part of Texas.

(Don't answer here, I'm not around.)
DancingKitty
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:18 pm

Ye an' yer missis be welkum on me 'umbell shup .
Ye be daft ta accept tho' , et be dam freezin' up 'ere an ye'll prolly develop sum sort ove itchy rash iffin ye use me baffrum .
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby LibraLabRat on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:06 pm

anyone that is interested in being added as a possible trip stop should shoot me a message to libralabrat@gmail.com Aunty, it is good to hear you are still around...but unfortunately I have had some bad things happen to my inboxes and am missing a lot of email addresses. You will have to hit me up again.
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:49 am

ye kin stay wiff me unky Rat
dere be lottsa udder rats in Aunties bilge ye kin play wiff
an sum fish eads unky fart leff ta et
i dunt wan dem anymoor
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Postby LibraLabRat on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:03 am

Wow, I did not realize I was so missed around these parts. I may have Pookie, the Eater of Worlds on this trip too. Evidently the demoness who spawned her may be trying to slink back home to the 9th circle for the summer.
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Return to FSM Gatherings