Social Networking recognition

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Social Networking recognition

Postby Taco Island on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:13 pm

In the off chance that I log into myspace.com and do anything more then check messages I noticed something very disturbing.

In the Details section under the religion preference they have listed Scientology as an option. Normally I have myself listed at other and go on about my Pastafarian ways but seeing Scientology there really bothered me.

I know that the cult and scam does have the first amendment right to exist and scam as they do but why is it that Myspace chooses to recognize a fake, scam and cult posing as a religion but does not recognize the one true carbohydrate lord and savior?

I proposed to myspace.com that if they are going to have a fake religion as an option that they need to add Pastafarian as a choice being it is a true faith unlike one proposed by a failed sci-fi, con-artist, pedophile.

I have been emailing them politely for the past few days though they continue to ignore me, well my one man crusade to be recognized needs to be stepped up and I ask my fellow believers to help. If you use myspace please kindly inform them that Pastafarianism is real and needs to be accepted especially if they recognize a dangerous cult, they don't have to remove said cult but accept and add our faith as a valid option.
Taco Island
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Social Networking recognition

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:09 pm

Taco Island wrote:In the off chance that I log into myspace.com and do anything more then check messages I noticed something very disturbing.

In the Details section under the religion preference they have listed Scientology as an option. Normally I have myself listed at other and go on about my Pastafarian ways but seeing Scientology there really bothered me.

I know that the cult and scam does have the first amendment right to exist and scam as they do but why is it that Myspace chooses to recognize a fake, scam and cult posing as a religion but does not recognize the one true carbohydrate lord and savior?

I proposed to myspace.com that if they are going to have a fake religion as an option that they need to add Pastafarian as a choice being it is a true faith unlike one proposed by a failed sci-fi, con-artist, pedophile.

I have been emailing them politely for the past few days though they continue to ignore me, well my one man crusade to be recognized needs to be stepped up and I ask my fellow believers to help. If you use myspace please kindly inform them that Pastafarianism is real and needs to be accepted especially if they recognize a dangerous cult, they don't have to remove said cult but accept and add our faith as a valid option.

Fuck THAT shit.

Facebook has a Pastafarian option. Don't use MySpace. Ever. It sucks.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:32 pm

Facebook comes reasonably close to rocking. Not that it rocks, but it comes close.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:20 pm

Close your MySpace account, and TELL them why you are closing it: point out that their competitors offer something that they don't. Then they will listen.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby VHSBD on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:29 am

Who the hell uses Myspace these days anyway?
VHSBD
Ziti Zealot

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:14 pm

VHSBD wrote:Who the hell uses Myspace these days anyway?

*Timidly puts up her hand. Explains that she only got a Myspace account because her nephews asked her to, and now has a Facebook account for the same reason. Wonders why she has either, as she only logs in once in a blue moon. Goes and hides in a corner when she realises the whole point is to amass as many 'friends' as possible and she only has twelve total on both. Including sons and nephews.*
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:37 pm

I've got about four MySpace accounts for different bands I'm in, and it's a good way of keeping track of all my music buddies. Other than that... meh.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Return to The Cause