Pastafarian Parables

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Pastafarian Parables

Postby black bart on Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:05 pm

:D Aarrrgh ye've cheered me an Walktheplank up no end matey...now if only he can stop his audiences fallin asleep half way through his parables, the world moight learn somat (mostly about wenches wivout undies and grog).

I have heard he be workin on his next parable whilst suppin his grog in the Admiral Benbow...'The Prodigal Cabin Boy'. :?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Edd on Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:40 am

black bart wrote::D Aarrrgh ye've cheered me an Walktheplank up no end matey...now if only he can stop his audiences fallin asleep half way through his parables, the world moight learn somat (mostly about wenches wivout undies and grog).

Perhaps visual aids?
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:50 pm

Edd wrote:Perhaps visual aids?

A guide dog and a white stick?
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby pieces o'nine on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:00 am

black bart wrote:*sigh*

Give me a break. That was my first ever parable. I bet Jesus started off with completely rubbish ones. Maybe I should stick to being a Leper. :?

Don't let anyone put down your maiden parable, Bart. I had never heard a juxtaposition of "the parable of the foolish wenches" and "going commando" before, and it is surely inspired teaching...

And you are correct about JC's early material (everything from *before* he took his perfected act on the road). I've heard rumors about early attempts in suppressed gospels, such as "A Priest, a Levite, and a Good Samaritan walk into a bar..."
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby black bart on Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:32 am

pieces o'nine wrote:
black bart wrote:*sigh*

Give me a break. That was my first ever parable. I bet Jesus started off with completely rubbish ones. Maybe I should stick to being a Leper. :?

Don't let anyone put down your maiden parable, Bart. I had never heard a juxtaposition of "the parable of the foolish wenches" and "going commando" before, and it is surely inspired teaching...

And you are correct about JC's early material (everything from *before* he took his perfected act on the road). I've heard rumors about early attempts in suppressed gospels, such as "A Priest, a Levite, and a Good Samaritan walk into a bar..."

I see where JC went wrong there. It should have been: 'A Priest, a Levite, a Good Samaritan and an Irish Pharisee walk into a bar...no...no, hang on...The Irish Pharisee was already in the bar drinking Guinness.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby FaithfulPirate42 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:11 am

You mean they don't just grow there?
If only Wash were a magical zombie like Jesus. I miss him. Now who will pilot my spaceship?
"Life IS pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
Alex Trebek: Oh good. Mr. Connery wants to say something.
Sean Connery: I've thought of some more foreign ladies I snogged.
FaithfulPirate42
Chitarra Captain

Location: Retreating further and further from the real world.

Postby Ham Nox on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:16 pm

How did he know that the girls didn't have underwear on? :lech:
Bayes Theorum:
............................P(X|A) * P(A)
P(A|X) = -----------------------------------
...............P(X|A) * P(A) + P(X|~A) * P(~A)

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Edd on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:25 pm

I must thank Ham Nox for reviving this thread, even if it was only to comment on Bart's parable instead of one of mine. It seems I must once more till the creative soil that is the unwritten scripture of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in a probably futile attempt to be known as someone other than 'that headless guy who started the thread Bart had that parable in. You know, the one with the wenches without undies.'

I must catch some z's but I shall return.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Ham Nox on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Edd wrote:I must thank Ham Nox for reviving this thread, even if it was only to comment on Bart's parable instead of one of mine. It seems I must once more till the creative soil that is the unwritten scripture of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in a probably futile attempt to be known as someone other than 'that headless guy who started the thread Bart had that parable in. You know, the one with the wenches without undies.'

Haha, I was more commenting for someone else's sake. I LOOOOOOOOOVE your parables, an' if they don't wind up in the Loose Canon I might have to kill someone :guilty: .

In fact, I was reading them to a good friend, and when I got done I thought "What the hay, I'll read her BlackBart's parable while I'm still on the page." The comment belongs to her.

I'm not sure I get the point of BlackBart's parable, if there is one to be found. During my short-lived attempt to compile the Loose Canon myself (A project that may one day continue if I ever find my flash-drive... This is why it's important to have back-up copies of everything :facepalm: ), I included it with a note assigning the meaning of the parable to be 'Don't over-analyze: Some stories just don't have a point.'

I think it's a pretty important thing to remember while reading the Loose Canon, don't you?
Bayes Theorum:

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Edd on Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:02 pm

There is always a point, but sometimes the point is just to make someone laugh.

I think what you probably meant is that there isn't always a lesson, and you're right. As Professor Black 'Sigmund' Bart once said, 'Sometimes a fish head is just a fish head.'
"Oook." - The Librarian

Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Ham Nox on Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:13 pm

Yeah, that's it =D
Bayes Theorum:

Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Previous

Return to Scripture and Lore