I (acording to some) am going to hell

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: I (acording to some) am going to hell

Postby CaptianCrackers on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:17 pm

That sucks man. I hear Alaska has the same problem as Tennessee. not from there but just from my vessel voyages(surfing the web)

Is there any good in Tennessee. like any good parts.
Noodles?! I have Oodles..
CaptianCrackers
Conchigliette Convert

Postby blaze8902 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:22 pm

You know those little rock like sugery stuff....what was it again... oh yeah, rock candy, it is sweet.

Oh and I have heard from the 8th graders at my school that the drugs are good.
But I haven't had any personnaly, but the beer is good.
"Life is too short for mayflies."
-------------
"before critizing someone, walk a mile in thier shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have thier shoes."
-------------
"Quick! Everyone kill yourselves! It's hopeless without Blaze!" - During N+
-------------
"I live in a town of about 1600, and everyone is armed." User location: Apache.
-------------
"Children in the back seat cause accidents. Accidents in the back seat cause children."
-------------
RAmen.
blaze8902
Bucatini Buccanneer

Location: The relative position of one part in relationship to the entire model.

Postby CaptianCrackers on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:31 pm

My advice to you is do good in school, when you reach 18 and get that degree in your teeth like a good pirate should. Get the hell out of Tennessee, find a new place to call home, and go to college or educate yourself further.

With your mother, she loves you deep down inside. even if she finds it hard to admit it openly + is crazy. It never hurts to tell your mom that you love her.even if you don't. I do it to my mom all the time. Im a 25 year old psych major.

Be a good pirate and you will sail sure.

ramen
Noodles?! I have Oodles..
CaptianCrackers
Conchigliette Convert

Postby blaze8902 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:34 pm

Ramen
"Life is too short for mayflies."
-------------
"before critizing someone, walk a mile in thier shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have thier shoes."
-------------
"Quick! Everyone kill yourselves! It's hopeless without Blaze!" - During N+
-------------
"I live in a town of about 1600, and everyone is armed." User location: Apache.
-------------
"Children in the back seat cause accidents. Accidents in the back seat cause children."
-------------
RAmen.
blaze8902
Bucatini Buccanneer

Location: The relative position of one part in relationship to the entire model.

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:52 am

lordpunkmonk wrote:I used to be friends with this kid for a while and one day he asked what religion I have (this was just before I was touched by his noodly appendage) I replied "I don't have one I am atheist" he said "oh realy I am mormon" and I thought to myself "oh crap I am so friggin' screwed" as it turns out, I was correct in my prediction that I was screwed for he tried to convert me told me I was going to hell said that I hated him because of his religion (this however was not true) and kept bugging me about it and it eventualy led us to be no longer friends. right now I am trying to figure out wether I should go up to him and say that I had found god and say that he was wright in saying I would be happier with one only to elaborate that I worshiped a flying spaghetti monster :? please help

Well dude, you gotta keep in mind, that as far as he's concerned, you're going to wind up in Hell. That's a fact for him. So I'm sure he doesn't want to see a friend go to the crappiest place there is. So he's gonna figure it's in your best interest to be converted no matter what you want to do. From his point of view, that would make perfect sense. Think about it this way. If you had a friend who really wanted to commit suicide, wouldn't you try to stop him? Same thing.
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Re:

Postby BordusiusIV on Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:31 am

lordpunkmonk wrote:AWSOME now I dont mind so much
but some of the people there will be real jerks
:worship: :worship: :worship:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm_float:
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Send him a nice "gospelli" mail and tell him about the true god and that you have found him (he is of course) and that you will be rewarded in heaven for it. Try to get some answers by "mirroring" his questions ;)

ex:Question: Do you have any proof that he is The one and only true God?
ex:Answer: Do YOU have any proof that he is The one and only true God

In short, give him a taste of his own remedy :fsm_float:

I dont think anyone that is supposedly sure about god and all that could be swayed by this kind of reasoning , but even if this only cause the smalles bit of doubt for him it was well worth it. Once anyone starts to reason instead of asserting "facts" in any field the water behind the floodgates start to increase.....and maybe some day....the gate cant handle it anymore.
BordusiusIV
Ziti Zealot

Postby Southern Veg. on Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:37 pm

I kinda had this same thing happen to me...three times.
It really depends on how close this friend was to you. If he isn't a good enough friend to keep with you no matter what, i'm not sure you should keep with him. I agree with many others, tell him you have found the one true god. but, questions will be asked no matter waht. i have fount it's kinda hard to keep on being friends with these people (or keep on having a major crush on one). Sorry about that. I feel you. I hate Georgia. All southern athiests are apparently devil worshippers.
just try to make friends with people who respect you for who you are. and move on your 18th birthday. don't reproduce in the south...
"I once wanted to become an atheist, but I gave up - they have no holidays."
Southern Veg.
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Dudeman55556 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:11 pm

fueledbycoffee wrote:Damn. I must needs figure out how to avoid this.

Try changing your name if you ever get terminally ill.
"I would think the power of christ would at least come with a built-in spellchecker."
-Travis Waldera
Dudeman55556
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Dudeman55556 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:59 am

CaptianCrackers wrote:That sucks man. I hear Alaska has the same problem as Tennessee. not from there but just from my vessel voyages(surfing the web)

Is there any good in Tennessee. like any good parts.

My friend went to alaska, and there were no veggitarian options on the menu, not even in the appetizers. And when he asked them if they could do a special order, the chef didn't do it, cause he "Didn't want to cook for some hippie idiot".

Edit: Oops, double post. Sorry.
"I would think the power of christ would at least come with a built-in spellchecker."
-Travis Waldera
Dudeman55556
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Grey on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:57 pm

fueledbycoffee wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

In the practice of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, a living person, acting as proxy, is baptized by immersion on behalf of a deceased person of the same gender. The baptism ritual is as follows: after calling the living proxy by name, the person performing the baptism says, "Having been commissioned of Jesus Christ, I baptize you for and in behalf of [full name of deceased person], who is dead, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen." The proxy is then immersed briefly in the water. Baptism for the dead is a distinctive ordinance of the church and is based on the belief that baptism is a required ordinance for entry into the Kingdom of God.

Community of Christ

Some members of the early Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (now known as the Community of Christ) also believed in baptism for the dead,[1] but it was never officially sanctioned by that organization, and was considered highly controversial.[2]

A revelation and two letters written by Joseph Smith, Jr. appertaining to baptism for the dead were removed from the RLDS Doctrine and Covenants by a church general conference in 1970.

Other Latter Day Saint churches

In the Restoration Branches movement, which broke from the RLDS Church in the 1980s, the question of Baptism for the Dead is at best unsettled, reflecting their RLDS origin. Many adherents reject the validity of this ordinance completely.[3]

Other Latter Day Saint denominations that accept baptism for the dead include the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Strangite) and The Church of Jesus Christ (Cutlerite). The Strangite Church performed baptisms for the dead during the 1840s in Voree, Wisconsin and later during the 1850s on Beaver Island, Michigan. In each case, the practice was authorized by revelation given by James J. Strang. The question of whether the Strangite Church still practices proxy baptism is an open one, but belief in it is considered orthodox.[4]

Cutlerite practice permits baptisms for the dead to be performed in baptismal fonts in Cutlerite meetinghouses (of which only two exist today, one in Clitherall, Minnesota and the other in Independence, Missouri). Though Cutlerites believe in the concept of temples, it is not required that baptisms for the dead be performed in one. The meetinghouse baptismal fonts are used for baptism of the living and for the dead. Cutlerites have practiced baptisms for the dead sporadically throughout their history (including during the early 1990s), but it is not known if they still do so. As with the LDS Church and the Strangite Church, belief in this doctrine is considered orthodox.

If that's correct, any of my descendants who do that to me are gettin' their asses haunted. I want my beer and strippers, not some boring-ass Mormon heaven.

I have (distant) Mormon relatives, including some from Minnesota. I'm going to be pretty pissed if our ancestors were Mormonized. They were Irish Catholic by choice (Mormons appear in the family around 1890 or so and everybody before that was Catholic). To arbitrarily deem them Mormon (when they probably would have thrown a fit about it) is just wrong. They can't object to it. And I'm going to guess that at least some of them have been, based on the below.
HeathenPastafarian wrote:[snip] Why do you think the Mormons are the ones who run ancestry.org or com or whatever [snip]

That explains something my family has been wondering about for a while. One of the pictures on the main page of ancestry.org is of an aunt of ours. Holy crap.

LPM, sounds like your former bud is a douche bag. I'd either write him off or troll him a bit with Pastafarianism. I'd troll him, but that's me.

Anywhere you find lots of conservatards, you're going to have a had time finding veggie options unless there's an Indian restaurant around. I live in the Bible Belt of California and it's very difficult to find options.

:'( I'm sorry, Blaze.
The revolution has abandoned you. You're on your own now.

The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt not get caught.

fueledbycoffee wrote:America has a long and hallowed tradition of irrational tax evasion and belligerence. We are the national equivalent of the Nac Mac Feegle. And we're the leaders of the free world. Damn, now I've scared myself shitless.
Grey
Farfalle First Mate

Re:

Postby KMill on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:13 am

Cardinal Fang wrote:Yup - I always use the old Bill Hicks line if some Christian fundie tells me I'm going to hell - "So forgive me".

CF

Yeah, Bill Hicks is a pretty good guide to this religious stuff.

:lol:

Surprising though, most mormons are pretty nice... I had a few mormon friends in high school and they didn't preach to me once. Though they didn't invite me to their wedding either - apparently they don't allow pirates (or anyone who isn't a mormon) into their church building.

I received an invitation to the reception, which stated I had about five minutes to drop of a wedding present - a present that had to be chosen from a very expensive registry at some high-class mormon shoppe. That's what lead to the dissipation of our friendship...
Poor Satan. He'll come for my soul, but he'll leave empty handed.
KMill
Tortellini Third Mate

Previous

Return to The Cause