The Ancient Art of Cowardice...Fight-Avoidance Techniques

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

The Ancient Art of Cowardice...Fight-Avoidance Techniques

Postby ken worley on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:27 am

I was(quite rightly)-about to post this in the pirate section, but...That lot already demonstrates,
by a combination of offensive behavior and crusty agedness, that they need no additional help
in avoiding their just desserts.

For those of us who merely find ourselves occasionally, and inexplicably, in the path of undeserved rage,(probably a result of having been thrown under the wheels by a nearby pirate)- I submit these time-honored Eastern dodges.

1. "Snake" technique:
Assailant approaches, and makes move to attack.
Response: Drop to belly, and slither under nearby shrub, parked car, picnic table,etc.

2. "Crouching Spider"
Fall to ground, and wrap all available limbs around head, wait till attack ceases.

3. "Kangaroo Surprise"
If threatened, crouch deeply, tensing the large muscles of the thigh...With lightning speed, pull pistol from pocket,
and shoot assailant repeatedly.

4. "Dung Beetle"
(A last resort for most people.)
The idea here is to release upon confrontation as many foul bodily substances as possible, so attacker cannot strike or grapple with you without becoming smeared with your wastes.

These techniques work in most cases, but I welcome new knowledge, if anyone can add their favorite cowardly styles.
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Re: The Ancient Art of Cowardice...Fight-Avoidance Techniques

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:22 am

Argh, oi'll let that sleight against pirates slide...

5. "The Echidna"
Cover yourself in sticks, curl in a ball and hope your assailant hurts his knuckles on the sticks.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby PantyGnawer on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:51 am

A move that I employed on a much larger kid in the fourth grade when I was cornered:

6. "The Pacifists Surprise":
Assailant threatens attack, crowd gathers, and momentum for a fight is building.
Response: Play like you don't want to fight and that you want to work this thing out with words. Keep a non-threatening stance so that your attacker is off his guard. When you spot a key opportunity sucker punch him in the nose and run like hell.

Note: This technique works best if you are a pretty fast runner.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby black bart on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:02 am

7. The Van Gogh Gambit

This will only work if you have reasonable artistic abilities...although you could pretend to be Damian Hurst.

In a similar scenario to above with crowd lusting for blood and assailant approaching, whip out your sketch pad, pencil and easel and begin deftly drawing a portrait of your assailant. The crowd will gather round to watch the portrait progressing and your assailant will be forced to hold his pose whilst you draw. Finish off the portrait with an elaborate signature and whilst the would be assailant admires the drawing make your escape.*

(*please note, management accept no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from the enactment of this ploy)
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby ken worley on Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:50 am

8. "The Lamb and the Shepherd"

Defuse assailant's charge by grabbing nearby infant, and holding it in front of you, while screaming for
police or other authority figure.
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby Elvalia on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:06 am

This one's obvious, I'm sure that someone would have said it eventually:

The "Arthur, King of the Britons"
RUN AWAY!
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby PantyGnawer on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:57 am

10. "The Elvalia"
Sit there with your damn droopy ears and bambi eyes and look so mutha fukin cute that no sentient being could ever attack you without calling its mom and crying on the phone afterwards.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:08 am

11. "The Cocksure"
When in a similar setting to to #6 and #7, sit in a comfortable position on the ground. A popular position is sitting with your legs outstretched with your hands supporting you. Smile, and wait for your attacker to beat you. When you are recovered enough, sue the pants off your attacker and buy the latest game console, a pair of pants and a very tall hat.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby ken worley on Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:36 pm

12. "The Family Timeshare"

Go back in time, to before your conception, and sneak about, spiking your mother's food and drinks with fertility drugs.
Repeat as necessary, until she has a multiple birth.
Arrange for one of your wombmates to be on scene just before your atrocities are discovered, and slip away out the back door "to the store." "for a carton of milk."

Feign sympathetic surprise upon returning to find him/her sweeping their teeth up off the linoleum.
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby fueledbycoffee on Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:52 pm

13. "The Yankee Doodle"

In any very public setting, kneel before your opponent, and proceed to do as instructed by the title until he shows sufficient embarrassment. He'll probably run away. Works best if your opponent and yourself are male, he's a homophobe, you're rather open-minded, and he has a tiny penis. If not, your plan could definitely backfire, where he gets a boost to his rep, and you're left on your knees in need of a shower.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby farfalla on Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:36 am

14. "The Mirror"

Keep on your person a highly reflective surface. When the rage commences whip said reflective tool and turn it toward the face of the ragger. Upon seeing their own distorted, eye bulging, hostile visage they will, hopefully, flee in fear and horror.
~~~~~~/\~~~~~~

The heart has its reason, of which reason knows nothing. -Pascal - thanks, Z

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."
Cpt Jack Sparrow

"I'm used to going out at 3 in the morning and doing something stupid."
Alan Moore

Silk 'n mind
farfalla
Feline Fatale

Postby Edd on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:18 pm

15. ‘The Disposable Clone’

Similar to #12, simply substitute a clone when the opportunity presents itself and slip away unnoticed.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Rainswept on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:25 pm

16. Mexican Judo:

Puff up your chest, walk right up in their face, tilt your head, and fake a Mexican accent.

"Judo know I got a knife"

"Judo know I got a gun"

"Judo know just what exactly I'm gonna do to you, esse."
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Dan (dat haole dude) on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:12 am

17. "Di-spew-t Resolution":

vomit copiously on your attacker*

(works quite well after a pub-crawl with excessive intake of badly-cooked greasy foodstuffs)..

*then run, of course.. :wink:
'Oli no au i na pono FSM e
E hau'oli na 'opio o FSM nei
'Oli e! 'Oli e!
Mau ke aloha, no FSM
Dan (dat haole dude)
Mystic of Meatball

Postby ken worley on Thu May 13, 2010 5:35 am

The Agony and the Ecstacy

Pretend to go into a seizure, letting eyes go blank, one half of face droop, jaw to hang slackly, with a one silver runnel of drool, one of snot, trailing onto your shirt.

Making the following decibel-up-spiraling guttural noise, "UNNNNGGGG!!!!....UUUUUNNNNNGGHGGGGHHH!!....etc., ad infinitum,"

Begin to twitch/shamble/lurch careeningly, yet with inevitable unerring surety, towards, and against your opponent. Appear dying.

Lurch into him/her, and begin to spasm uncontrollably, esp. with the neck.
The drool and snot runnels should by now be a free-foaming cauldron, nee, an erupting volcano of saliva, dankly splattering everything around you, but mostly their face.

Twitch-lurch them into a corner, trapping them against the walls, and as they atempt to hold their agonized face(and soul) squinched shut and away from your floppingly disgusting carcass, begin to subtly turn quasi-sexual in your spasmings, thus humping mindlessly against whatever part of their body they cannot turn away along with the rest.

Increase the tempo, volume, and frequency of your "UUUUUNNNNNNNNGHGGGGHHHH!!!!'s", culminating suddenly in a frozen, ecstatic-transported posture/expression of braindead, drooling, vibrating stupefaction.

Collapse limply to the floor, as if in a coma.(At this point, you may want to apathetically(w/o noticing)- leak vomit, and/or completely void the bladder.)

They will run.
...and never return.

If they see you coming toward them, ever, anywhere, they will turn and run the other way.

You win!
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Next

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes