Joining an interfaith group...

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Joining an interfaith group...

Postby Greenman99 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:06 pm

I've learned that there's a so-called "interfaith centre" to be opened shortly in my town of Derby, UK. I'd love to spread the word of His noodly goodness amongst those of other faiths. Do you think they'd let me? :? Anyone have any ideas as to how I might get involved on behalf of our glorious FSM? :fsm_float:
Greenman99
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Joining an interfaith group...

Postby Apostateabe on Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:30 pm

Make yourself an FSM hat. If anyone asks, then tell them with the straightest face you can manage that you are part of the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It is not like they will exclude you for your faith being too ridiculous. Per Poe's law, the ridiculousness of a religion is no indication that it isn't legitimate. Just attract curiosity and tell them about your faith in the friendliest way possible. I made an FSM hat with a bicycle helmet, a mop top, a clothing hanger, clay, ping pong balls, and two brown wooden spheres from a back massage tool. Then I shared my faith in the Providence Bridge Pedal, a giant bike riding event that took place in Portland. It was a blast.
Apostateabe
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby ConcreteBalloon on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:08 pm

Apostateabe wrote:Make yourself an FSM hat. If anyone asks, then tell them with the straightest face you can manage that you are part of the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It is not like they will exclude you for your faith being too ridiculous. Per Poe's law, the ridiculousness of a religion is no indication that it isn't legitimate. Just attract curiosity and tell them about your faith in the friendliest way possible. I made an FSM hat with a bicycle helmet, a mop top, a clothing hanger, clay, ping pong balls, and two brown wooden spheres from a back massage tool. Then I shared my faith in the Providence Bridge Pedal, a giant bike riding event that took place in Portland. It was a blast.

Pics or it didn't happen... =D
ConcreteBalloon
Ziti Zealot

Postby Apostateabe on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:31 pm

ConcreteBalloon wrote:
Apostateabe wrote:Make yourself an FSM hat. If anyone asks, then tell them with the straightest face you can manage that you are part of the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It is not like they will exclude you for your faith being too ridiculous. Per Poe's law, the ridiculousness of a religion is no indication that it isn't legitimate. Just attract curiosity and tell them about your faith in the friendliest way possible. I made an FSM hat with a bicycle helmet, a mop top, a clothing hanger, clay, ping pong balls, and two brown wooden spheres from a back massage tool. Then I shared my faith in the Providence Bridge Pedal, a giant bike riding event that took place in Portland. It was a blast.

Pics or it didn't happen... =D

OK, I don't yet have pictures from the Portland ride (I know my brother's friends have them), but I do have a picture of me wearing the helmet and holding the FSM Gospel from the day before the big ride.

Apostateabe
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby ConcreteBalloon on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:30 am

I just crapped myself with glee. =DDD
ConcreteBalloon
Ziti Zealot

Postby Dagwood Gum on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:50 am

I think we need to have a Sunday morning online FSM church to get this thing rolling. Then after the membership grows, we get a Sunday morning show on one of the cable channels. And hopefully, in time we can get a prime spot on NBC and compete with the mainstream, dogmatic ones that clog the channel listings when you're trying to find something interesting to watch. :fsm_float:
Dagwood Gum
Ziti Zealot

Postby Edd on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:00 am

Dagwood Gum wrote:I think we need to have a Sunday morning online FSM church to get this thing rolling. Then after the membership grows, we get a Sunday morning show on one of the cable channels. And hopefully, in time we can get a prime spot on NBC and compete with the mainstream, dogmatic ones that clog the channel listings when you're trying to find something interesting to watch. :fsm_float:

Good idea, but please don’t call it a church. I’m afraid I’ll regress into my childhood behavior of falling into a state of sleep of a coma-like intensity in order to avoid waking up early to attend ‘church.’
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:22 pm

I think a weekly service is a genius idea, but Sunday morning is too early in the morning. Maybe Sunday night.
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Return to The Cause