Pre-Posthumous Pratchet aPpreciation Page

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Pre-Posthumous Pratchet aPpreciation Page

Postby PinkyPasta on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:15 pm

My Bookclub is reading Reaper Man[i] and they are gonna hate it, I think. I really enjoy Pratchet but strongly suggested [i]When We Were Romans by Matthew Kneale because it is short and doesnt have any big words, swearing, sex, or confusing plot twists. It is also a good book and I recommend it. However, the Library had more copies of Reaper Man. My book club is very ...um... well... they are all home schooled evangelicals that consider big words and plot twists stupid, and swearing and sex a mortal sin - even if it is just on paper. Sci-fi and fantasy is a waste of time according to most of them. Personally, I think some religious fanatics only have room for one fairy tale in their life. :worship:
PinkyPasta
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Pre-Posthumous Pratchet aPpreciation Page

Postby Putanesca on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:11 am

Please, please, let us know what they come up with. Do they have to write book reports? If so please post them here, if you can get copies.

I think, perhaps, Terry may be a little advanced for them, try them on Where's Spot first, if the excitement of turning over the pop-ups doesn't get them maybe the primary colours will give them a fit.
Putanesca Napoli
----------------------------------------
PASTA - You know it makes lunch.
Putanesca
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Previous

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors