Talk Like a Pirate Day

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Talk Like a Pirate Day

Postby MAXLESS on Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:27 am

Certain this is an old question, but being a recent convert, I was wondering if Talk Like a Pirate Day was related to FSM, adopted by FSM, or copied from FSM??

Ignorance abounds.
MAXLESS
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Talk Like a Pirate Day

Postby Edd on Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:16 pm

International Talk Like A Pirate Day ( http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html ) originated a few years before Bobby Henderson wrote his open letter to the Kansas City School Board, obviously an omen that the world would soon be ready to hear of The Flying Spaghetti Monster and all he stood for.

Who knows if Bobby was influenced by the quickly growing holiday when he drew the correlation between pirates and global warming, but the two movements were recognized by Pastafarians as a perfect fit and the seven seas have not been the same since.

Everything about ITLAP and FSMism is unofficial, unorganized, and unorthodox but lots of fun.

So, even though I myself am piratically challenged linguistically, I heartily encourage and endorse the marriage of these ideas.

Arrrrrrgh
and
RAmen
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby black bart on Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:22 am

Edd wrote:International Talk Like A Pirate Day ( http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html )

So, even though I myself am piratically challenged linguistically,
Arrrrrrgh
and
RAmen

At least ye made a start thar matey, nice bit of Arrrghin...I recommend a course wiv Mad Willium Bonney or Dan (dat haole dude).
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:32 am

black bart wrote:...I recommend a course wiv Mad Willium Bonney or Dan (dat haole dude).

'Ee be wantin' a beginner's course, not a post doctorial super advanced level 9 pirate pro course.

E'en I has trubble unnerstandin' them buggers.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Postby DaveL on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:52 am

Perhaps we should start 'im on Dancing Skeletons and Green Potatoes 101 (ie FSB who was even more undecipherable)
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby black bart on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:28 am

The Black Spot wrote:
black bart wrote:...I recommend a course wiv Mad Willium Bonney or Dan (dat haole dude).

'Ee be wantin' a beginner's course, not a post doctorial super advanced level 9 pirate pro course.

E'en I has trubble unnerstandin' them buggers.

Or he could start by reading the complete works o Walktheplank...free Pirate wig wiv every volume.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Return to Pirate Discussion