How 'bout us Texan Pastafarians?

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Star Dragon on Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:25 am

oops, missed the afternoon time. it will just be me, the better half is going to be helping a friend do some moveing. then we both get to help on sunday. :D
"always search for the truth, but never think that you have the whole truth, or the only truth"
Star Dragon
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Warlord of Elephants on Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:43 pm

O.K. Vinny's Saturday @ 2:00 pm. Reservation under "John". Sin. WoE.
"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit; it's the only way to be sure."

I devoured my 'good' twin in utero

"Doctor Evil! I didn't spend six years in evil medical school to be called "Mister," thank you very much."
Warlord of Elephants
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Omnieiunium on Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:00 pm

Dee Dee, be sure to post pictures and what you guys talked about!
Omnieiunium
-Original Forum Admin
-Long-time Pastafarian
-Former-Administration Dude with Auntie DD
-Taking a looooooooooooooooooooooong vacation that may never end
Omnieiunium
Site Admin<br>Controls your forum life

Postby celtic_mike on Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:45 am

Sorry I missed you guys. I hope everyone had a blast....without me... :fsm_cry:

no really. Can't wait to see the video!! :D
Religion, Reason, Bible
"My Dear Lady, I may be drunk and in the morning I'll be sober, but you will still be ugly" Winston Churchill
celtic_mike
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby StormTrooperVII on Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:25 pm

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:Dan taped it, and will burn a CD (can do 10 minutes of tape to a CD, don't have to do a DVD) and we'll send it to someone that can post it.

How small can you make it? I have 150MB of space on webspace.utexas.edu that I might be able to use for a while to distribute it, if it's small enough, until someone else hosts it. Not sure what my bandwidth quota is, i can't find it, but if there isn't one that'd be perfect.

A slightly better idea would be to make a torrent out of it and distribute it via bittorrent. http://www.bittorrent.com/ and http://www.bitlord.com/ for more details on that, or I can explain it further myself if need be.
No one's gonna save us now, not even God!
No one saved us, no one's gonna save us.

Where do you expect us to go when the bombs fall?
StormTrooperVII
Chitarra Captain

Postby Noodled on Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:15 am

I wish I had read this thread earlier. I just missed the get-together. I'm in the Dallas area, but my kids live in Houston, so I'm there a lot, too. If you guys meet again, or if people (er, pirates) in Dallas meet, I'm game.
WWFSMD?
Noodled
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Psychodoughtech on Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:37 pm

I live in Houston, and Houston would be a lot more fun if there was a Pastafarian get-together here.

Anyone else in the Houston area on these boards? Almost all of my coworkers are FSMists, and we can throw one hell of a party...
Psychodoughtech
Darwin's Chainsaw

Location: It is impossible to determine absolutely the location and velocity of an object simultaneousely

Postby Psychodoughtech on Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:22 pm

Yes, this February-March idea sounds good, but a 2 month long gathering of FSMists could get... interesting. I think we should instead set a date sometime within these two months, and just all get together and dring massive ammounts of demon rum, start a very large bonfire, (damned burn-bans!) and sing a happy pirate tune.
Psychodoughtech
Darwin's Chainsaw

Location: It is impossible to determine absolutely the location and velocity of an object simultaneousely

Postby LibraLabRat on Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:19 am

I am in SW Oklahoma, so I could probably make it. Houston is a bit of a drive, but DFW is only a three hour drive away...hmmm hint hint...
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby LibraLabRat on Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:07 am

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:There's been some discussion about a Dallas group meet.

If you can scam the SWAirlines tickets, i'll get ya at Hobby.

It is really more of a matter of getting the leave time. I am active duty military, after all......
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby celtic_mike on Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:36 pm

Maybe we should have simultanious meets...Dallas would work better for myself (rather than Houston that is) How many Dallas area folks would be interested in getting together?

I know two at least...Not much of a party with only two of us. Those damn awkward silences are prone to arise in partys of 3 or less.
:|
Religion, Reason, Bible
"My Dear Lady, I may be drunk and in the morning I'll be sober, but you will still be ugly" Winston Churchill
celtic_mike
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Psychodoughtech on Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:31 pm

Although a Dallas meeting would surely rock most hardcore, and most definately please His Noodliness, I know at least 6 people who would not be able to attend anything farther away that the outskirts of Houston. 2 gatherings of Noodloids, perhaps?
Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.
Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.

I don't talk much. I don't post often. Look at my join date, number of posts and my title. These are all things to keep in mind when replying to me.

May His Noodley Appendage touch you in all the right places.
Psychodoughtech
Darwin's Chainsaw

Postby celtic_mike on Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:02 am

True.
Whenever more Dallas area Pirates are ready for a nice evening of pirat-ic activity, I'll be more than happy to nail down the logistics.

If it is in the next couple of months though, as I may be relocating.
(Still Texas, shaky plans, nothing firm, yeah)
Religion, Reason, Bible
celtic_mike
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Psychodoughtech on Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:15 am

Anybody got any ideas for a Houston gathering, though? I still think there should be 2. I'd probably go to both. Cause I'm cool like that. And because I like to get drunk with a lot of random people.

I don't talk much. I don't post often. Look at my join date, number of posts and my title. These are all things to keep in mind when replying to me.

Psychodoughtech
Darwin's Chainsaw

Postby Psychodoughtech on Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:49 pm

Every Saturday and Sunday, plus about a week of vacation time saved up. :fsm_rock:

Psychodoughtech
Darwin's Chainsaw

PreviousNext

Return to FSM Gatherings