NEW BOOK OF THE HOLY FSM???!!!

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

NEW BOOK OF THE HOLY FSM???!!!

Postby TheWikidFool on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:50 am

As to public demand... I say we all post our ideas for the book and send them to Bobby, after all, he needs more funds for the pirate ship he is building... P.S. Some of you may remeber my old account Spaghetti802.
TheWikidFool
Ziti Zealot

Location: On a Pirate Ship built in Kansas, sailing by Italy.

Postby Clifford on Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Aye, reprint the old one but with less insults to Christianity
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

psh

Postby LahaRulle on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:12 pm

psh. the insult are fine. the whole book is awesome. just needs cooler copies, like bible style tiny leather bound ones.
LahaRulle
Conchigliette Convert

Postby ~NoodleDemon~ on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:25 pm

Clifford wrote:Aye, reprint the old one but with less insults to Christianity

Why, pray tell.
I hope you're on the recieving end of an improbability equation wherein something happens to you that's as unlikely as Rob Schneider winning a best actor Oscar on the same day Michael Jackson single handedly captures Osama Bin Laden. ~ Rainswept

O.K. Everything else is just stuff you do while you are waiting to have sex. Sin. WoE. ~ Warlord of Elephants

Image Image Image
~NoodleDemon~
Brewmeister

actually

Postby LahaRulle on Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:30 pm

I found 2 parts that I don't think are good. First, you say you would rather have the Born Again's running the school bored then stealing your car sterio. This is pretty much saying that your car stereo is more important than education. Education is very important.
Also, although hilariously funny, the part about the Born Agains gobbling up the crack like pack-man is extremely rude and insulting - more so than the rest of it. You do say that we don't do this to other religions, and although the rest of the insults aren't very bad, and quite funny in some cases, I think this may be just a bit to much.
Also one point that in my experience is incorrect - the Mormons won't be going for their gun when you try to convert them, they will simply be to busy trying to convert you to listen to you.

Those are the only problems I have found in the whole book, which overall is quite amazing. I love it. :D
LahaRulle
Conchigliette Convert

Postby The-evil-bucket on Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:38 pm

I liked how it treated all religions equally. Insulting them all.
Have you seen Serenity around? I keep losing it. It's about *this* big, has a big yellow spinning bit on the back, two shuttles, and two engines on the side.

Was that the main buffer panel?
The-evil-bucket
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby DancingKitty on Mon May 05, 2008 12:24 pm

~NoodleDemon~ wrote:

Why, pray tell.

Because, if you read what Bobby SAYS about what he means with FSM, insulting Christianity wasn't his original goal. That's what he started out saying, that's what he's saying again. For a LONG time, there was respect for the beliefs of others and faith issues were NOT allowed to devolve into insult sessions. It seems that for a while, it was OK with him, but that may have been situational.

That's also the way intelligent adults handle thing. They don't set up adversarial situations with the people around them unless they're aggressive assholes. You find, as you get older, that being a rude, contentious git is not conducive to an equitable and just workplace or a pleasant social life amongst one's contemporaries.
Meow.
DancingKitty
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Robbobrob on Mon May 05, 2008 1:28 pm

I would like it not so much insult Christianity less, but not rip off Christianity so much.

Other than the part about Noah battling the Pirates, I would think it would be better not to entwine FSM salvation history with other religions too much.....except in a way that shows Pastafarianism touching them all. The parody works best if it is seen as a completely different religion, and not a cheap knock-off of the more accepted religions.

I have been working on a Pastafarian inspired story, much in the same way Robert Anton Wilson's classic Illuminaty Trilogy fictionalized Discordianism.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Re: psh

Postby GreenRain22 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:10 pm

LahaRulle wrote:psh. the insult are fine. the whole book is awesome. just needs cooler copies, like bible style tiny leather bound ones.

:D That'd be FANTASTIC.
Kaylee: Wash, tell me I'm pretty.
Wash: If I were unwed, I would take you up in a manly fashion.
Kaylee: 'Cause I'm pretty?
Wash: 'Cause your pretty.
(Wash and Kaylee, Firefly, Heart of Gold)

It's a broken hearts parade
And I'm putting my heart out on display
There's no masquerade
Just a funeral march for love today
The band strikes up and they're playing a song
Dressed in black, and we're singing along to the
Broken hearts parade
I've never been better then I am today

(Broken Hearts Parade - Good Charlotte)
GreenRain22
Chitarra Captain

Re: NEW BOOK OF THE HOLY FSM???!!!

Postby MrStoffy on Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:08 pm

Heck yes! That'd be sweet!!
MrStoffy
Ziti Zealot

Postby Nahmala on Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:48 am

Well, since I was reading the Gospel, I thought Bobby's words were too ripping off Christianity, so I took his words and made them more...bible-like. Behold:

In the beginning there was a subatomic strand of pasta, and it alone was the basis of the universe. The Creator of this strand was the Flying Spaghetti Monster. He was the divine God of all as we know it. The strand was given a vibration by His Noodlyness. He created more strands with their own vibrations, their own dances to His Noodly music. He then conjured up a boiling vat of water in which salt was added abundantly. He then poured the vibrating particles into the vat and let it sit for an hour. The particles joined together to create small spiral components resembling fusilli noodles. The Creator applied intense heat for an extremely large stretch of time, thus letting organisms form. Life had been created.

This was from one of his chapters. I basically just made his words more developed. So what I'm saying is that all the members of the Pastafarian church should write parts of the Gosple as a Bible, instead of just preachings. He'd make more money to build a pirate ship, and we'd help Pastafarianism spread. What d'ya think?
NaHmAlA

Christianity - The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree
Yeah, makes perfect sense...
Nahmala
Ziti Zealot

Re: psh

Postby Ubi Dubium on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:20 pm

LahaRulle wrote: just needs cooler copies, like bible style tiny leather bound ones.

Oh, yes, Please!
Tiny cheap copies that we can purchase by the case, and distribute when proclaiming his noodly goodness. In a cover that looks like a NT when seen from a distance.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Lord of Numa on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:26 pm

I think the first focus should be a good cover. I was excited to purchase my copy of The Gospel of the FSM, but I must say, I was rather disappointed to find that it was just a simple paper-back book. Very little time and effort went into that aspect. A nice leather-bound version, like the one depicted on the cover, would be very aesthetically pleasing, and I would purchase it without a second though.
Lord of Numa
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Katimana on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:09 am

Perhaps similar in size to a Gideon's style Christian Bible - not that I'm suggesting that we leave a copy in every motel we ever visit...
To err is human. To arr is Pirate.
Katimana
Ziti Zealot

Postby Arsonistxx77 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:41 pm

I say a more bibly bible should be in order. One with scriptures and books.
Arsonistxx77
Conchigliette Convert

Next

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion