Ramendan

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Ramendan

Postby Philsonpott on Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:16 pm

Ramendan has officially started for us here in North America, so it is time to go shell out that 15-20 cents/pack and get your Ramen all stored up. Remember, this month is about reminiscing those days "as starving college students," eating Ramen and naught else for days at a time. Of course, some of us may be living those days right now, or even looking ahead to them, but it is nonetheless the time to start eating Ramen every couple of days, just to remind us of how His Noodly Goodness helped us or will help us through our periods of collegiate starvation.

All hail the FSM (blessed be his Noodles)!
RAmen.
Philsonpott
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Ramendan

Postby DaveL on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:11 am

Pasta Akh-bar!!
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby LibraLabRat on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:25 am

I have had a large amount of chili lime habanero ramen shipped over here to coincide with Ramadan AND Ramendan.
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:40 am

Oi plan ta 'ave sum wiff spam .
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby aidiore on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:36 pm

my FSM thats so true...this weekend all i ate (because i didnt have a single penny) was a bunch of ramen noodles...stupid collage...stupid school of medicine...o well...its what i choose :fsm_rock:
The problem is not the Lack of tolerance...Is the tolerance with the ignorance
aidiore
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby anickels on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:24 pm

aidiore wrote:my FSM thats so true...this weekend all i ate (because i didnt have a single penny) was a bunch of ramen noodles...stupid collage...stupid school of medicine...o well...its what i choose :fsm_rock:

What is your avatar?
anickels
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Father Murud on Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:26 pm

Do Cup Noodles by Nissan count?

My old roomate, Freddie, and I ate them and saved the cups. For what reason is not known. Probably the same reason we saved our cans of Busch Light. Anyway, when we moved out of the house finally we counted the Cups as we tossed them individually in Hefty Sacks. We were in that house 2 years. How many Cup Noodles had we devoured?

1376 cups!!

I'll never forget that number. We used to eat 2 or 3 cups at a sit down each - sometimes multiple times a day. We had an extra bedroom that wasnt used that we tossed them in. We knew it was a lot but we guessed about 800 or so. We had no idea.

I firmly believe that I will die from complication of a disease caused by massive consumption of some type of chemical in Nissan Cup Noodles.
Father Murud
Ziti Zealot

Postby Elvalia on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:46 pm

That's... rather impressive. That's a lot of noodle cups.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby aidiore on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:29 pm

anickels wrote:
aidiore wrote:my FSM thats so true...this weekend all i ate (because i didnt have a single penny) was a bunch of ramen noodles...stupid collage...stupid school of medicine...o well...its what i choose :fsm_rock:

What is your avatar?

mmm you dont know him? is JTHM (Johnny the homicidal maniac)...a graphic novel (because i dont want to say comic) about a serial killer...made by the incredible Jhonen Vasquez (the guy from Zim remember?)...If you tell me how i can give you the whole series (maybe i put them in rapidshare or something)
The problem is not the Lack of tolerance...Is the tolerance with the ignorance
aidiore
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Apostateabe on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:36 pm

It is certainly a comic, and a quality one at that (with plenty of punchlines). JTHM can be found at any local comic book store, or an online seller, and it would be charitable to purchase them to support an artist's career.
Apostateabe
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby ConcreteBalloon on Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:50 pm

I intend to go out and buy a carton of Ramen as soon as I get some money.

I have a mere $1.25 right now, and can only afford a few packs.

But for his noodlyness, I will offer up my last bit of change.
ConcreteBalloon
Ziti Zealot

Postby fueledbycoffee on Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:53 pm

You should be able to get a good 8 or 9 packs. Wal-mart, at least in Maryland, sells them for 13 cents.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby ConcreteBalloon on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:32 pm

My brother usually buys a case once in a while, but currently we are Ramenless. Tomorrow I will begin my pilgrimage, and obtain the holy sustenance the FSM asks I take in his honor.

I might even just take my Canoe to the lake across the street (with pirate memorabilia, naturally) and travel to the island with some friends, to perform our religious rites.

Or I might just go home and make a new Ramen recipe. Just for the record:

IF you unfold the Ramen brick (it's one long thing folded in half) and snap it into two halves, then cover with some cheese and microwave (no water, just on a plate) you get some tasty Ramenachos.
ConcreteBalloon
Ziti Zealot

Postby anickels on Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:28 am

ConcreteBalloon wrote:My brother usually buys a case once in a while, but currently we are Ramenless. Tomorrow I will begin my pilgrimage, and obtain the holy sustenance the FSM asks I take in his honor.

I might even just take my Canoe to the lake across the street (with pirate memorabilia, naturally) and travel to the island with some friends, to perform our religious rites.

Or I might just go home and make a new Ramen recipe. Just for the record:

IF you unfold the Ramen brick (it's one long thing folded in half) and snap it into two halves, then cover with some cheese and microwave (no water, just on a plate) you get some tasty Ramenachos.

Snap it in half, put it on a plate, and sprinkle it with ranch dressing mix. good stuff.
anickels
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Captain_Headwound on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:07 pm

I am only a high school student. I attend a Jewish day school (I'm culturally jewish, religiously I'm a Pastafarian). What am I supposed to remember? :?
R.I.P. Gary Gygax
"This, my friends, is the ultimate bridge to nowhere." - Sen. Joe Biden
Captain_Headwound
Conchigliette Convert

Next

Return to All Things FSM