we must have a latin phrase, here are some.

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: we must have a latin phrase, here are some.

Postby FirstMateNate on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:44 pm

"Dux in ero"
FirstMateNate
Ziti Zealot

Postby FirstMateNate on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:52 pm

Tuus matar hamsterius est, et tuus pater buca sabucorum fundor! - Your Mother is a hamster and your farther smells of Elderberries
Ego alvus vaporos versus tuo expellere - I fart in your general direction
Id et vulnus caris solus - Its only a flesh wound
FirstMateNate
Ziti Zealot

Postby Putanesca on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:55 am

I Putanesca, His one true prophet etc. etc. (Black Olive unofficial separatist wing), have pondered this subject and thus do I speak:

“For centuries the initiated (politicians, lawyers, doctors, theologians, academics, priests etc.) have used impressive looking but ultimately meaningless drivel to keep themselves atop their ivory towers and us, the hygienically challenged masses (I did just have a shower but I’m pretty sure I missed that bit behind my ears, again) in our ‘rightful’ place, i.e. at the bottom looking up in awe.”

“I therefore give to you our very own meaningless drivel with which to combat them and get this, it’s been around for over 500 years (now is that forward planning by the FSM or what?). It’s called Lorem Ipsum (check it out at http://www.lipsum.com/).”

Let me give you a sample and I cite:

(Penguins ?:42) Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Pellentesque lacus massa, luctus a, feugiat et, dignissim in, metus. Nullam pretium condimentum leo. Duis lacinia vehicula risus. Fusce vitae dolor. Phasellus quis sem non justo bibendum blandit. Praesent diam dui, imperdiet nec, dictum ut, convallis vel, turpis. Duis ut justo ut odio blandit suscipit. Sed elit diam, commodo quis, aliquet et, venenatis ut, quam. Sed eget dui. Quisque at lacus eu enim bibendum suscipit. Curabitur accumsan est sed tellus. Suspendisse volutpat, mi quis porta aliquam, erat urna condimentum orci, eu porta dui dui et felis. Nunc et metus.
(Penguins ?:43) That’s my fish, that is.
(Penguins ?:44) Cras et tortor in turpis laoreet cursus. Nam nec lacus. Ut eros. Nullam ante. Integer elementum tempus nunc. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Donec placerat nisi eget lacus. Vestibulum ante. Nulla faucibus tempor magna. In elementum nibh sit amet nibh. Quisque semper.
(Penguins ?:45) Oh yes it is.
Putanesca Napoli
----------------------------------------
PASTA - You know it makes lunch.
Putanesca
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Nahmala on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:15 pm

Ego sum iens neco vos, tamen vos operor ignoro quoniam vos es non validus ut lego is. -I am going to kill you, but you do not know because you are not able to read this.

Ego may non vultus amo is, tamen ego sum vere a rabidus ninja coniuratus vestri nex. -I may not look like it, but I am actually a crazy ninja plotting your death.

Preteritus est refero ut quis victus vos cultus. Verus proventus est 'Quis sauce operor Utor?' -Pasta is the answer to what food you worship. The real issue is 'What sauce do I use?' (I dunno about this one.)

Vacuus caro orbis illic es iustus devia noodles. -Without meatballs, there are just lonely noodles.
NaHmAlA

Christianity - The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree
Yeah, makes perfect sense...
Nahmala
Ziti Zealot

Postby Karban on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:12 pm

How about

"Now is the Discount of our Summer Tents"

Thats what the FSM really wanted Shakespeare to Say before he turned tourncoate and changed his coulours.

May the favoured ones be honoured for their efforts!

Can any lubber translate that before me cheeese loses its flavour? Its a really nice piece of jarlstink an i'd hate it to perish before i could eat it with me tuna.
Any Pirate worth his Parrot would give both his wooden legs for a chance at this....Garrr Matey!!!!

Isssthmus! Isthmus? Issthmus! Issssthmus!
Karban
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Karban on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:15 pm

How about "A Tutu Brutus?" Thats what Caesar Said,

I'll stake me life on it your Honour! Garrrrrr!
Any Pirate worth his Parrot would give both his wooden legs for a chance at this....Garrr Matey!!!!

Isssthmus! Isthmus? Issthmus! Issssthmus!
Karban

Postby Angel-Hair Archmage on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:12 am

Good site but i need one with a search engine for the words, I hate clicking back and forth to find a phrase.
The FLying Spaghetti Monster watches over the Kingdom, out of site, but not out of our minds...
ImageImage
Angel-Hair Archmage

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:26 pm

One for the pirates (it's about wenches):

Amo amas, I met a lass
And she was tall and slender
Amas amat, I laid her flat
And played with her feminine gender
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby CoolName on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:08 am

Cogito sumere potum alterum:

I think I’ll have another drink
Check out my website.
Mark Twain wrote:It’s better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you’re stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
CoolName
Ziti Zealot

Re:

Postby codered on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:16 pm

exanglo wrote:I personally like 'nisi globi fartis frustra' Without the meatballs, all is in vain. :)

I like this one the best so far, it gave me a good laugh and pretty much sums it up. My non-related personal favorite is "Sic Transit Gloria". Everything sounds better in Latin.
"He stuck a feather in his hat and called it Macaroni."
-Yankee Doodle. Pastafarian, Pirate, Patriot.

http://www.coderedcomics.com
codered
Conchigliette Convert

Postby PirateFishWorshipper on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:22 pm

I like "Omnis aveo nostra Volucre Spacellus Monster!"
"All hail our Flying Spaghetti Monster!"

:worship: :worship: :worship:
:fsm:
There are a lot of judgemental people in the world, and personally I think that those people are absolute scumballs.
PirateFishWorshipper
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Yonn on Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:46 pm

Sit preteritus ut nunquam iens nocens

more or less: He is the pasta that never goes bad

:fsm_float:
Yonn
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Ubi Dubium on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:00 pm

I will have to say, I like the idea of adopting the Lorem Ipsum as our official Latin Gibberish. It doesn't really mean anything, but it turns up as a placeholder in all kinds of places. It's obviously been put there by His Noodliness, and people just didn't realize it. Much the same way people who say "Happy Holiday" are honoring the FSM (pesto be upon him) without even realizing it.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Cardinal Fang on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:57 pm

Ubi Dubium wrote:I will have to say, I like the idea of adopting the Lorem Ipsum as our official Latin Gibberish. It doesn't really mean anything, but it turns up as a placeholder in all kinds of places. It's obviously been put there by His Noodliness, and people just didn't realize it. Much the same way people who say "Happy Holiday" are honoring the FSM (pesto be upon him) without even realizing it.

According to Jasper Fforde, Lorem Ipsum is the language of the book world. How much do we like literature?

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:05 pm

My favorite Latin phrase is "Semper ubi sub ubi". It's silly, it's sensible, and it's a homonym pun via translation to English only.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

PreviousNext

Return to Scripture and Lore