10,000 Psalms

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

10,000 Psalms

Postby Phlebas on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:12 am

OK then away we go. Along the same lines as 10,000 (more) Commandments, because every religion worth it's salt, needs a good set of psalms.

10,000: Blessed are the geeks for they shall inherit the earth.

etc. etc. etc.
Wake me at the zenith of the moon.

Phlebas The Phoenician



Ramen
User avatar
Phlebas
Bucatini Buccanneer
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:20 am
Location: Kapiti Coast, New Zealand

Re: 10,000 Psalms

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:43 am

This isn't a bad idea!

9,999: Blessed are the cheesemakers, for they and they alone can create the parmesan.
9,998: Every spaghetti strand is sacred, every spaghetti strand is great. If a strand is wasted, FSM gets quite irate.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
User avatar
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege
 
Posts: 9266
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:34 am
Location: Francemouth

Re: 10,000 Psalms

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:20 am

Phlebas wrote:OK then away we go. Along the same lines as 10,000 (more) Commandments, because every religion worth it's salt, needs a good set of psalms.

10,000: Blessed are the geeks for they shall inherit the earth.

etc. etc. etc.

That's a beatitude.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II


Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
User avatar
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality
 
Posts: 9549
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:14 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: 10,000 Psalms

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:04 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:
Phlebas wrote:OK then away we go. Along the same lines as 10,000 (more) Commandments, because every religion worth it's salt, needs a good set of psalms.

10,000: Blessed are the geeks for they shall inherit the earth.

etc. etc. etc.

That's a beatitude.

Nobody cares. Play the game.

9,997: Trampolines are Vessels Of Doom.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
User avatar
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege
 
Posts: 9266
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:34 am
Location: Francemouth

Re: 10,000 Psalms

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:06 pm

Detective TurtleHolmes wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:
Phlebas wrote:OK then away we go. Along the same lines as 10,000 (more) Commandments, because every religion worth it's salt, needs a good set of psalms.

10,000: Blessed are the geeks for they shall inherit the earth.

etc. etc. etc.

That's a beatitude.

Nobody cares. Play the game.

9,997: Trampolines are Vessels Of Doom.

You're the one who isn't playing the game(I lost the Game). A psalm is a sacred song, or a hymn.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II


Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
User avatar
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality
 
Posts: 9549
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:14 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: 10,000 Psalms

Postby Phlebas on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:59 am

Fair point , bugger.

9996: Blessed are they who are persecuted for bad spelling, for theirs is a wonderful life of mediocrity.
Wake me at the zenith of the moon.

Phlebas The Phoenician



Ramen
User avatar
Phlebas
Bucatini Buccanneer
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:20 am
Location: Kapiti Coast, New Zealand

Re: 10,000 Psalms

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:37 am

9995: Blessed are the unenlightened, for they attain true bliss.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
User avatar
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege
 
Posts: 9266
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:34 am
Location: Francemouth

Re: 10,000 Psalms

Postby black bart on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:47 am

9994:

Yay though I trawl through the trivial posts of Zankou
I shall fear no evil
For he knoweth not how to speak ye olde english
And he correcteth not my posts

My rod and my staff doth comfort me
But I must lootheth the habit
Or verily I will go blind
In mine other eye as well

For ever and ever

Ramen
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
User avatar
black bart
Resident Weevil
 
Posts: 25876
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:56 am
Location: London

Re: 10,000 Psalms

Postby DaveL on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:50 am

9993:

Blessed are the Dugongs, for drunken Pirates have trouble telling the difference
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
User avatar
DaveL
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4904
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:57 pm
Location: Van Diemens Land

Re: 10,000 Psalms

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:58 am

black bart wrote:9994:

Yay though I trawl through the trivial posts of Zankou
I shall fear no evil
For he knoweth not how to speak ye olde english
And he correcteth not my posts

My rod and my staff doth comfort me
But I must lootheth the habit
Or verily I will go blind
In mine other eye as well

For ever and ever

Ramen

I do so speak ye olde English.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II


Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
User avatar
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality
 
Posts: 9549
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:14 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: 10,000 Psalms

Postby GreenRain22 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:01 am

Ah, Zankou, just play along. :P

9992: Thy crimson sauce will save me from the pits of Christianity.
Kaylee: Wash, tell me I'm pretty.
Wash: If I were unwed, I would take you up in a manly fashion.
Kaylee: 'Cause I'm pretty?
Wash: 'Cause your pretty.
(Wash and Kaylee, Firefly, Heart of Gold)

It's a broken hearts parade
And I'm putting my heart out on display
There's no masquerade
Just a funeral march for love today
The band strikes up and they're playing a song
Dressed in black, and we're singing along to the
Broken hearts parade
I've never been better then I am today


(Broken Hearts Parade - Good Charlotte)
User avatar
GreenRain22
Chitarra Captain
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:36 pm
Location: stalking random people

Re: 10,000 Psalms

Postby black bart on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:14 am

9991: Blessed be the Pirates, for they shall inherit the Yaaarrrrgh.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
User avatar
black bart
Resident Weevil
 
Posts: 25876
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:56 am
Location: London

Re: 10,000 Psalms

Postby black bart on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:17 am

black bart wrote:9991: Blessed be the Pirates, for they shall inherit the Yaaarrrrgh.


I never got to the end of that psalm cos I stepped on a crab...I meant to say:

9992: Blessed are the Pirates, for they shall inherit Captain Cronan's Treasure
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
User avatar
black bart
Resident Weevil
 
Posts: 25876
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:56 am
Location: London

Re: 10,000 Psalms

Postby pieces o'nine on Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:29 am

black bart wrote:
black bart wrote:9991: Blessed be the Pirates, for they shall inherit the Yaaarrrrgh.


I never got to the end of that psalm cos I stepped on a crab...I meant to say:

9992: Blessed are the Pirates, for they shall inherit Captain Cronan's Treasure


Whye arrr ye countin' up agin, Barrrt? Arrr ye jest beggin' Zank t'correck yer mafs?


9990: Blessed be thee man that walketh not where thee signs proclayme: "Do Not Walk", nor standeth where thee signs proclayme: "No Stopping or Standing Anytime", nor sitteth where thee signs proclayme: "Wet Paint".
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
User avatar
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!
 
Posts: 8615
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:21 am
Location: Ocean o'Sand

Re: 10,000 Psalms

Postby farfalla on Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:10 pm

9989: blessed be those who partake of the sauce in any of its incarnations
~~~~~~/\~~~~~~

The heart has its reason, of which reason knows nothing. -Pascal - thanks, Z

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."
Cpt Jack Sparrow

"I'm used to going out at 3 in the morning and doing something stupid."
Alan Moore

Silk 'n mind
User avatar
farfalla
Feline Fatale
 
Posts: 10467
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:13 am
Location: by the waterfall

Next

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pastor_parmesan and 5 guests