Admire the Admirable Admiral

This is where we confer honor on those who have earned the title of Prophet. Or, where we mock them. One or the other.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Admire the Admirable Admiral

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:58 pm

But if we have a persona that we display here, and that's what he's looking up to, it's the same as looking up to the persona a person projects in real life.

That is to say, he shouldn't put all his faith in us or anything, but, for instance, Celebrity Actors may do some dumb stuff, but you can look up to, say, Aragorn from LOTR.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby blaze8902 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:05 pm

Yes, but you see, I either hate every person I know in real life, or feel equal to them, the rest would be impossible to ever do anything but to admire them, and that would be pointless. It would just be a letdown, you guys I can speak to, and learn from, whether or not you are who you are, and if you can pretend to be a wise, all knowing person who cares about other people, then you most likely have the same potential outside of the internet, no matter how much of an ass you might be out there.Either way, it is better than my usual crowd. There might be someone of whom I admire, and who is close to me, but if there isn't mutual respect (which there is none.) then it is a meaningless relationship.
I honestly don't see the point of admiration towards someone you can't interact with at some level.

*note*
Most of the things I say are highly opinonated, and if I say something that insults your way of thinking at any time, most of the time I am not neccesarily saying that what you think is wrong.
"Life is too short for mayflies."
-------------
"before critizing someone, walk a mile in thier shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have thier shoes."
-------------
"Quick! Everyone kill yourselves! It's hopeless without Blaze!" - During N+
-------------
"I live in a town of about 1600, and everyone is armed." User location: Apache.
-------------
"Children in the back seat cause accidents. Accidents in the back seat cause children."
-------------
RAmen.
blaze8902
Bucatini Buccanneer

Location: The relative position of one part in relationship to the entire model.

Postby Capellini on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:08 pm

blaze8902 wrote:Yes, but you see, I either hate every person I know in real life, or feel equal to them, the rest would be impossible to ever do anything but to admire them, and that would be pointless. It would just be a letdown, you guys I can speak to, and learn from, whether or not you are who you are, and if you can pretend to be a wise, all knowing person who cares about other people, then you most likely have the same potential outside of the internet, no matter how much of an ass you might be out there.Either way, it is better than my usual crowd. There might be someone of whom I admire, and who is close to me, but if there isn't mutual respect (which there is none.) then it is a meaningless relationship.
I honestly don't see the point of admiration towards someone you can't interact with at some level.

*note*
Most of the things I say are highly opinonated, and if I say something that insults your way of thinking at any time, most of the time I am not neccesarily saying that what you think is wrong.

There is no such thing as a wise and all-knowing person, and the wisest people are the ones who realize they know very little and are really nothing special. Real people are fallible, they make mistakes, they don't have all, or even most of, the answers. It's best to start appreciating the every day people in your life for how they deal with life every day than to start looking for great oracles of knowledge, because they don't exist, and you'll only end up jaded and disappointed.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby blaze8902 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:15 pm

Perhaps I worded that poorly, (I usually do.) I just mean someone who is at least smarter than the people typically around me, which I find ins't hard, I am terribly aware there is no one in this world who is all-knowing. I often wish there was at least one person who wasn't completely retarded. I find that most of the people around here share similiar views on the subjects in discussion a I do, and it is nothing beyond that. Yes some, I prefer more than others, but I respect the difference in thouht, as thinking we are totally correct is why we are so stupid. And frankly, I am already dissapointed.
"Life is too short for mayflies."
-------------
"before critizing someone, walk a mile in thier shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have thier shoes."
-------------
"Quick! Everyone kill yourselves! It's hopeless without Blaze!" - During N+
-------------
"I live in a town of about 1600, and everyone is armed." User location: Apache.
-------------
"Children in the back seat cause accidents. Accidents in the back seat cause children."
-------------
RAmen.
blaze8902
Bucatini Buccanneer

Location: The relative position of one part in relationship to the entire model.

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:37 pm

Capellini wrote:
blaze8902 wrote:Am I one of those "people"? Cuz I feel as though I sorta know you guys, (not to seem like a stalker.) I have read a lot of your posts, and sorta look up to all (most) of you.

Don't do that. Look up to real people that you can see and interact with in real life and real time. Not internet personalities.

None of us are necessarily anything we say we are.

It's true. In real life I am, in fact, Darkwing Duck.

A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby ChowMein on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:40 pm

Oim reely a dawg .
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:02 pm

Let's get dangerous.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:42 pm

I'm the goddamn Batman.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:43 pm

Can you breathe in space?
--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:44 pm

No one can breathe in space. Some people just don't need to breathe.

Well, I guess maybe there's someone/thing that can survive by intaking what little particles are out in space. But no, I cannot.

~The Goddamn Batman.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:47 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:No one can breathe in space. Some people just don't need to breathe.

Well, I guess maybe there's someone/thing that can survive by intaking what little particles are out in space. But no, I cannot.

~The Goddamn Batman.

It should be the goddamned Batman.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:48 pm

It's a little known fact that ducks don't need to breathe.

-Darkwing Duck.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:52 pm

Actually Zankou, it's not.

~The Goddamn Batman.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:57 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:Actually Zankou, it's not.

~The Goddamn Batman.

I don't give a goddamn how the comic book has it spelt, it should be in the past tense,
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:00 pm

Well, tough luck. If people always followed the rules to the exact letter, languages would never change.

~The Goddamn Batman

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

PreviousNext

Return to Temple of the Prophets