Attention All Gamers.

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Attention All Gamers.

Postby Elastoman on Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:13 am

Mayhap this is one of the shades of gray you appreciate - if you play through as Horde, there is very little talk of conquering, and a lot of talk of preservation and survival. Playing as Alliance, there is a lot of propaganda re: destruction of the Horde. Yet on the website the Horde is promoted as savage and brutal. Strange paradigm.

~E.
There's no need to stand on ceremony, nor call to impress.
Elastoman
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby fueledbycoffee on Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:29 am

Indeed. I think that was so that new players who never heard of Warcraft would not have their sensibilities offended. "The big green dudes aren't evil? Cor!"

All in all, the whole thing is much more mainstream than WCIII, and I didn't like some of the uncharacteristically evil things the Horde had you do, like killing Jaina Proudmoore. She was always a good character, and one of the first to accept the alliance with the Horde in WCIII. And now, we find ourselves charging up the tower and butchering her. Tsk.

But yeah, everything with the Horde has always been about survival, and taking things back to the way they were before the Legion corrupted them. The Alliance seeks little but to hamper them, and make people think they are the good guys. However, there really is no definite good guy, just two civilizations trying to survive in their own ways.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Wawizzle on Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:10 am

I prefer horde for the same reasons as you guys. allicance are such bitches.

Horde is so evil and masculine, I eat it up with a spoon.
“We are often hesitant to look at other faiths or to examine our own critically because we feel that, in doing so, we are being disloyal to our own deeply felt convictions. ... And yet our beliefs are not worth very much if they cannot stand up to any scrutiny.” -- James Livingston.
Wawizzle
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby ~NoodleDemon~ on Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:44 pm

Lol I used to be a WoW addict.

I was, alas, the Night Elf warrior Gilgamesh, and this was when Teldrassil was even more f*cking congested than it is now, before the Dreinai and the Blood Elves.

Still, it was pretty cool.

Last I remember, I was getting schooled in the Barrens by some PvP jerk.

One of the reasons I liked WoW so much was because things aren't all just black and white.

The Horde is just as noble, and sometimes is more noble, than the Alliance.

Reminds me of my Troll character, Ral'thar.

I never did get anywhere with him, before my time was up...

*sob*
I hope you're on the recieving end of an improbability equation wherein something happens to you that's as unlikely as Rob Schneider winning a best actor Oscar on the same day Michael Jackson single handedly captures Osama Bin Laden. ~ Rainswept

O.K. Everything else is just stuff you do while you are waiting to have sex. Sin. WoE. ~ Warlord of Elephants

Image Image Image
~NoodleDemon~
Brewmeister

Postby ratfinkrob on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:58 am

I just started Kingdom of Loathing. It is hilarious! I am a Pastamancer and just put in an application to one of the Pastafarian clans. I also started a game called Lords. I didn't see one so I started a Pastafarian Faction in the FSM Kingdom. These free games are alot of fun. I also play Diablo 2 online. It is free to play online but you have to buy the software. By the way my user name is also Ratfinkrob on all the games.
ratfinkrob
Conchigliette Convert

Postby WelshRarePasta on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:02 pm

Yeah, KoL is a trip! I started last week, but the only FSM clan i've found said it wasn't taking new members ;(
"Only a man would think of that."
"It's our job... If you don't think of fifty-foot-high killer golems first, someone else will." Moist von Lipwig

"Are you saying," Brine interrupted, "that the human race was created to irritate Satan?"
"That is correct. Jehovah is infinite in his snottiness."
Brine reflected on this for a moment and regretted that he had not become a criminal at an early age. --Practical Demonkeeping
WelshRarePasta
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:19 pm

WelshRarePasta wrote:Yeah, KoL is a trip! I started last week, but the only FSM clan i've found said it wasn't taking new members ;(

Oh, I have one! I haven't played in a few weeks, though. Hang one, I'll get a linky.

Shoot, no linky.

Search "Pastafarian". We're teh "first united church of pastafarianism".

Specialed###### and Zankou.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby WelshRarePasta on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:49 pm

Sweet... maybe it's because I searched FSM... i'll log on later and send you a message.
"Only a man would think of that."
"It's our job... If you don't think of fifty-foot-high killer golems first, someone else will." Moist von Lipwig

"Are you saying," Brine interrupted, "that the human race was created to irritate Satan?"
"That is correct. Jehovah is infinite in his snottiness."
Brine reflected on this for a moment and regretted that he had not become a criminal at an early age. --Practical Demonkeeping
WelshRarePasta
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby ratfinkrob on Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:18 pm

Cool,

I'll log onto KOL and send a message. The other clan is ignoring me.
ratfinkrob
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:14 pm

Ed will be happy, if I can contact him again.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:56 pm

Posted a while ago that I play City of Heroes/Villains... but I don't play much anymore.

I've mostly been playing Steam games lately. CS 1.6, Team Fotress 2, Natural Selection, Zombie Panic! Source. I'll definitely be getting Left 4 Dead when it comes out.

I also own NWN and NWN2, but I don't play 'em much.

and I've learned to stay the hell away from WoW...

on a slightly related note... I've got the Mercenaries 2 song-from-the-comercial stuck in my head... thanks to watching every night of the Daily Shows coverage of the DNC. Weird, huh? So I may end up getting that game for no real reason.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby CynicGod on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:35 am

I have WoW, COD4, I play craploads of free online games. I'm also getting AoC. Anyone interested?

-CynicGod
CynicGod
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby DaveL on Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:22 pm

Yes are getting lots of spam from WOW at present.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby fueledbycoffee on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:13 pm

DaveL wrote:Yes are getting lots of spam from WOW at present.

Yes? Like, the old person band? They deserve all the spam in the world.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:45 am

I've been kidnapped by Fiesta, and now by Blackshot beta testing...
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM