what happens HERE when a pastafarian dies?

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby _Tex_ on Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:09 pm

harris5 wrote:I would like to be boiled and served to family and friends with a nice sauce.

Of course, there may be some laws that interfere. Our religion is being repressed by the man!

actually it is in my will that i should be cremated and the ashes baked into a cake. this cake will be eaten at my wake.
ACOUSTIC WEAPONRY- making really loud noises for His Noodley self
www.acousticweaponry.com
_Tex_
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Alpaca on Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:46 pm

Y'know, it's a really interesting experiment. How far will your family go to venerate your will?
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Re: what happens HERE when a pastafarian dies?

Postby Duke on Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:01 pm

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:
Duke wrote:How would we (us on the forums) know if someone dies?

Duke

One would hope that the family of the deceased would let us know.

A ha, but how would the family of the deceased know to let us know?

Ok, everybody, say in your will that your family members are to contact us when you die!

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby The Black Spot on Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:44 pm

The hospitals can have whatever parts they can use for transplants. I won't be needing them.

But my wish is I'll be so ancient, and so thoroughly worn out after a more than a century of debauchery, that none of my innards will be fit to be fed to a dog.

They can just burn the rest.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Postby Duke on Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:20 pm

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:Duke,

Dan has all the information to be able to contact the forums that I go to, and all the stuff for closing out my e-mail, etc.

I've already closed my e-Bay and PayPal accounts (if paypal will ever actually DO it) and stopped anything that has automatic billing.

There are instructions for all of it. You set it up, stash it away where someone responsible knows where it is, and then you don't worry about it. live until you're dead, die as much as possible on your own terms, and don't get all bent out of shape about extraneous crap in the mean time.

Don't take this existence too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive anyway.

I don't think about those things. Happy I don't have to. Yet.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby _Tex_ on Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:38 am

Duke wrote:
Auntie Dee Dee wrote:
Duke wrote:How would we (us on the forums) know if someone dies?

Duke

One would hope that the family of the deceased would let us know.

A ha, but how would the family of the deceased know to let us know?

Duke

family wont. But my mate Chris will make sure, he's very hard to say no to.
ACOUSTIC WEAPONRY- making really loud noises for His Noodley self
www.acousticweaponry.com
_Tex_
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Alpaca on Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:23 pm

Don't die on us, Auntie!

I'm currently living in blissful unawareness of death and decay, and I don't particularly want to write a will and depress myself. Besides, I'm a legal minor, so I don't have much to give out...
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:30 pm

You are truly an inspiration for us all, Aunt DeeDee. You aren't mean at all, but strong... strong as a Nor'Wester!!! Long may ye blow!

ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby MeatballEucharist on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:06 pm

I suggested this elsewhere but I think as a formal part of the Loose Cannon I think we work from Viking funerals. Very Pirate like, very epic, and with a few tweeks when we file for religous status it will be legal in time for me to get one.
Jesus man! you dont look for acid! acid finds you when *it* thinks you're ready.
-Hunter S Thompson
Religion ends and philosophy begins, just as alchemy ends and chemistry begins and astrology ends, and astronomy begins.
-Christopher Hitchens
A lot of people pass through the thinking I'm a guru and take enough trips to understand that no, I was just a witness. I was just a witness. -Terence McKenna
MeatballEucharist
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby fueledbycoffee on Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:23 pm

Well, I would say we know, now. Sadly. What happens is everybody makes posts dedicated to the deceased, we get a sig banner, and everyone mourns him like a friend or acquaintance. Seems like what happens in real life.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Elastoman on Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:59 pm

fueledbycoffee wrote:Well, I would say we know, now. Sadly. What happens is everybody makes posts dedicated to the deceased, we get a sig banner, and everyone mourns him like a friend or acquaintance. Seems like what happens in real life.

Aye, that be true. But don't forget that we all spend time thinkin' about what the departed meant to us, and how our lives arrrrgh better for knowin' 'em. There are, sadly, a very few of us in the world, and the loss of even one is a great one.

And to define terms, us = rational, intelligent, thoughtful, compassionate, humorous, and yes, faithful beings. Faith isn't just something for a church, it's bigger than that. Believing in us, in our ability to be more than what we are, is the most important thing in the world. And the people here remind me of that. Not always - sometimes I just chuckle, or shake my head, or wonder what the hell they were thinking (or not thinking) when they posted. But on the whole that's what this is about. Not accepting what was as what will be. Questioning, laughing, enjoying, learning, and growing. And our dearly departed helped us with all those things.

~E.
There's no need to stand on ceremony, nor call to impress.
Elastoman
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby randomblink on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:24 pm

MeatballEucharist wrote:...blah blah blah... and with a few weeks when we file for religious status it will be legal in time for ...blah blah blah...

Wait a second... have we REALLY filed? Because if we have I need to know what it takes to become an ordained minister!
Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati
When all else fails, play dead.
randomblink
Conchigliette Convert

Re:

Postby SandyHook on Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:35 pm

Rasti wrote:When we Die, 15 zealots of our kind must gather and drink while sitting on us, in full pirate regalia.

'15 men on a dead man's chest. yo ho ho and a bottle of Rum.'

In Canada that's, "Yo ho ho and a bottle of Molsen's, eh."
SandyHook
Ziti Zealot

Re:

Postby anickels on Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:46 pm

Alpaca wrote:Personally, I'd suggest that the best way to mourn death and simultaneously celebrate the glory of the heaven to which the departed is traveling is to drown your sorrows in beer. Much beer. As an added bonus, once you've imbibed enough, you can still talk to the departed!

*Raises Beer*
Here's to Saint John The Blasphemist.
anickels
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Angel-Hair Archmage on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:25 am

We could cremate and mix into pasta and make a Spaghetti and ashballs, but I don't know who would eat it.
Maybe mix into beer? or shove it down a stripper and make her O.D.
The FLying Spaghetti Monster watches over the Kingdom, out of site, but not out of our minds...
ImageImage
Angel-Hair Archmage
Maccheroncelli Missionary

PreviousNext

Return to Scripture and Lore