POKARRRR!

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: POKARRRR!

Postby Wawizzle on Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:53 pm

Do you have an AIM account?

I play at

http://www.games.com/game/poker-wsop-te ... -no-limit/

Maybe we can try and find out who is willing to play and then all just jump on the bandwagon of one poker website?
“We are often hesitant to look at other faiths or to examine our own critically because we feel that, in doing so, we are being disloyal to our own deeply felt convictions. ... And yet our beliefs are not worth very much if they cannot stand up to any scrutiny.” -- James Livingston.
Wawizzle
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Edd on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:52 am

PantyGnawer wrote:I hate Hold em and I suck at it. There are so many poker games that are way more fun, but ever since they started putting Hold em on TV thats all anyone wants to play.

I’m with PG on this; Hold ‘em might be the most fun to watch, but I think it’s the least fun to play.

I’ve never played poker online, I always felt the skill came from reading the other players’ mannerisms and ‘tells,’ but considering the difficulty in arranging games IRL, I’m willing to give this a shot, just point me in the proper direction.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Deci23 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:46 am

Edd wrote:I’ve never played poker online, I always felt the skill came from reading the other players’ mannerisms and ‘tells,’ but considering the difficulty in arranging games IRL, I’m willing to give this a shot, just point me in the proper direction.

One of the reasons I like watching people play poker IRL.

A poker gathering sounds cool. I don't have an AOL account due to some bad experiences in the past but I guess I can sign up for one if most of the players are going to be on there. I have a Yahoo! account and an MSN/hotmail account so I guess one more wouldn't kill me.
::Forum Lurker::
Deci23
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby black bart on Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:01 am

Deci23 wrote:
Edd wrote:I’ve never played poker online, I always felt the skill came from reading the other players’ mannerisms and ‘tells,’ but considering the difficulty in arranging games IRL, I’m willing to give this a shot, just point me in the proper direction.

One of the reasons I like watching people play poker IRL.

A poker gathering sounds cool. I don't have an AOL account due to some bad experiences in the past but I guess I can sign up for one if most of the players are going to be on there. I have a Yahoo! account and an MSN/hotmail account so I guess one more wouldn't kill me.

I used to dress my avatar as a Pirate with a dazzling Bling Eye patch on Second Life so they could only see one eye...and that eye was cold and unnerving. I still lost my money though.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Deci23 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:33 am

Perhaps the really good poker players can read minds!
::Forum Lurker::
Deci23
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Edd on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:11 pm

Deci23 wrote:Perhaps the really good poker players can read minds!

Sometimes they almost can. Watch the movie Rounders and look for the scene where Matt Damon walks into a room, glances at the cards face up on the table (it’s a game of seven card stud), and tells the players what hands they have, what hands they are trying for and who is going to win, iirc.

I hope Wawizzle doesn’t mind if I try to clarify things – Here are the poker hands in descending order.

1. Straight flush
2. Four of a kind
3. Full house (also called a Full Boat)
4. Flush
5. Straight
6. Three of a kind (also called Trips)
7. Two pair
8. One pair
9. High card

When playing Hold ‘em, a good opening hand contains a face card, an ace or a pair. But you can bluff on anything.

That’s all I have time for now. I’ll be back for more.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Wawizzle on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:57 pm

Alright guys. I'm really busy tonight, but in the next couple of days I'm going to try and find an online poker game we can *hopefully* all subscribe to and play together.

If anybody else wants to help me on my search, feel free. :D
“We are often hesitant to look at other faiths or to examine our own critically because we feel that, in doing so, we are being disloyal to our own deeply felt convictions. ... And yet our beliefs are not worth very much if they cannot stand up to any scrutiny.” -- James Livingston.
Wawizzle
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:13 am

Facebook's Texas hold'em is free and private games can be arranged easily .
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Previous

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes