Beer purity

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Beer purity

Postby Zhukov on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:29 pm

Would the beer spewed forth by the various volcanoes meet the standards set forth in the Reinheitsgebot or is the beer policy more liberal and allow such things as flavored beers or sweet stouts?
Zhukov
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Beer purity

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:31 pm

Zhukov wrote:Would the beer spewed forth by the various volcanoes meet the standards set forth in the Reinheitsgebot or is the beer policy more liberal and allow such things as flavored beers or sweet stouts?

The "beer" volcano spews a liquid that tastes and acts like whatever you personally want it to be. It's heaven.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zhukov on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:34 pm

Excellent. That means that one need not travel from volcano to volcano searching for a particular brew.
Zhukov
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:42 pm

Zhukov wrote:Excellent. That means that one need not travel from volcano to volcano searching for a particular brew.

Verily, one need not leave the crater of teh volcano, for the strippers are visible also.
--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby lari on Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:26 pm

But we will never get fat in Heaven, will us?? :?
Brazilian Pastafarian :D
lari
Ziti Zealot

Postby Josh M on Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:11 pm

What about the lands/clouds around the area? Wouldn’t the beer come forth down the mountain and create fast streams, lakes, and even oceans of personally flavored beer?
If so that would be AWSOME! We would sail about on magnificent galleons in an ocean of beer!
Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in heaven, Swallowed be thy shame. Thy Midgit come. Thy Sauce be yum, On top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread. And give us our cutlasses, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss. And lead us into temptation, But deliver us some Pizza. For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. RAmen.
Josh M
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:18 pm

If you've seen what Pirates throw over the sides of their ships, you wouldn't be so happy about that prospect...
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Josh M on Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:32 pm

That is a good point, but if it's heaven, then wouldn't any garbage just disapear?
Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in heaven, Swallowed be thy shame. Thy Midgit come. Thy Sauce be yum, On top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread. And give us our cutlasses, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss. And lead us into temptation, But deliver us some Pizza. For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. RAmen.
Josh M
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:35 pm

You're thinking of the wrong type of heaven. Remember, this heaven was created by a drunkard who loves to mess with people's minds.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Josh M on Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:11 pm

That is true. And were would people live in heaven? What about food or sleep? Would everyone have a pirate ship of their own? I am uncertain if these questions have already been covered but it would be interesting to talk about.
Josh M
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Elastoman on Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:00 pm

Taking into account the nature of piracy, and it's special place in His strategy, I think the distribution model best suited to Heaven for things like Galleons, Mud Huts, and Revolving Beds in Mirror Rooms is a "Plunder fast, kids" method. I mean, it's heaven, but we're still pirates. If we can't plunder, what's the point?

That said, rubbers and clean(ish) beer mugs are probably readily available.
There's no need to stand on ceremony, nor call to impress.
Elastoman
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Josh M on Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:27 am

Well if everyone is plundering, pillaging and murdering, wouldn't that be a good thing? Where are we going to go? If we die we could just start somewhere on the coast as if nothing has happened. It could almost be like an enormous game if that helps any of you. I personally think it would be a blast to kill or be killed with no consequences. That and afterwards you can relax at the beer volcano along side some lovely strippers.
Truly a blissful heaven indeed.
Josh M
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Clifford on Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:32 am

RELAX alongside strippers? Who are you?
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby Josh M on Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:49 pm

I picture myself on a beach with a drink in my hand surrounded by strippers danceing around me. After a while you would get used to them and not be so compelled to watching them as much.
How do the rest of you picture it? It would be interesting to hear some ideas.
Josh M
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Actually, the Pastafarian version of heaven doesn't appeal to me at all. I don't like alcohol and the idea of a strip club is, to me, utterly absurd. It's naked people dancing. Who cares?
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Next

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion