Marriages

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Marriages

Postby Cardinal Fang on Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:13 pm

I would have thought:

(to bride) Do you? (reply: Aaarrrggghhh)
(to groom) Do you? (reply: Aaarrrggghhh)

Would be enough.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Clifford on Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:26 pm

after the grog you drink at the Bachelors Night I don't think you'd remember the wedding so I'm not fussed on any detail
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby evilbelgian on Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:06 am

It doesn't matter if you remember it or not, don't you want to show your eventual little pirates the video of the wedding.

Priest dressed in Full Pirate regalia, Giving each other the rings which to that day would still have engraved on them IN FSM WE TRUST
Praise Be to His Noodlyness

The Humble Servant Evilbelgian has spoken
evilbelgian
Ziti Zealot

Postby black bart on Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:25 am

I like the sound of this...where's that wench?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby evilbelgian on Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:38 am

I say to make ordination under the FSM really easy, the requirements are that you are on the forum and post at least once a week. Oh and you have to own or be able to get hold of pirate regalia when you need to perform priestly duties.

evilbelgian
Ziti Zealot

Postby black bart on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:30 am

Sounds loik a job for The Rev Rowan Redbeard ta me...an he could even design yer invites!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

legal pastafarian marriages

Postby grimPA on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:13 pm

john196920022001 wrote:The only legal function ordained ministers have is performing marriages. <...SNIP...> It would also be nice to have other come forward that might want to do this too

i'm game. i'm already looking into the ULC option. to me, this sounds too fun to pass up. life is too short for bad beer or no laughs.
grimPA
Conchigliette Convert

Re: legal pastafarian marriages

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:20 pm

grimPA wrote:
john196920022001 wrote:The only legal function ordained ministers have is performing marriages. <...SNIP...> It would also be nice to have other come forward that might want to do this too

i'm game. i'm already looking into the ULC option. to me, this sounds too fun to pass up. life is too short for bad beer or no laughs.

There are multiple "chapters" of the ULC. Make sure that you use the real one. The others charge fees or have other strings attached.
http://www.ulchq.com

Also, look into your state laws regarding what is required for performing marriages legally. In my state, I have to register with my county and provide them with certain documents to prove my status as an ordained minister with a valid church (the ULC as it happens).
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Clifford on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:47 pm

is marriage necessary? If our Heaven has a stripper factory ...
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby bendyl7 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:33 pm

AVAST! cap'n oye be leapin' in the thread late.

Im still n00bish to typing pirate, ill do my best... i mean "YARG!"

the pirate who be coupling the jimlad and wench should be a cap'n of a fine vessle indeed. Into international water he must be travelin'. when he voyages into the salty fathoms of Davey Jone's locker, He must be makin' the speach.

The rings that join a true pirate and his wench should be made in his image. if any one is or knows a jewler who can make a ring that looks like that of an fsm, then we can have nmore progress.

be some one wanting to marry under the noodly blessing? if so i wish ye luck jimlad! :fsm_rock:
may you be touched
-ben
bendyl7
Ziti Zealot

Postby evilbelgian on Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:27 am

Aye ye be having a good idea laddy but ye must be thinking of ye practical alternatives. I be meaning is not all of us can be taking ships into international waters. though ye idea of the rings made in the image of his noodlyness be brilliant.

On another note i have applied for ordination with ulc and it says it will take a few days for them to get back to me.

evilbelgian
Ziti Zealot

Postby uptheblues on Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:44 pm

Marriage don't be necessary, arrrggh. But it be another damn good reason for the drinking of the rum.

And more drinking of the rum be needed after the divorce, me hearties.

Do we be needing a way for the getting of the divorce?

posting.php?mode=smilies&f=15#
:pirate_fish:
6.5 on the Delusion Scale.
uptheblues
Conchigliette Convert

Postby randomblink on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:41 pm

john196920022001 wrote:I have noticed there have been questions about who is an ordained Pastafarian minister, and how are marriages conducted.

I just wanna see the wedding photos from one of these things... that would kick ass
john196920022001 wrote:I like the idea of having no ordained minister with authority over people but that make its hard to perform Pastafarian marriages because only ministers and public officials (Judge, Notary, etc) can perform marriages.

Why does a Pastafarian Priest ( or High Pirate ) have to have "authority over people"...???
If this is OUR religion... why can't we decide that a Pastafarian Priest is a servant to the people.
Maybe we ordain those who know NOTHING about the religion.
Maybe a priest is someone who is nominated? Maybe EVERYONE is a priest?!
Maybe only those who can show proof of actual aquatic vessel ownership can be ordained.
Regardless of QUALITY of said vessel...

I say we do it right.
We did our version of the Ten Commandments better than ANY OTHER SINGLE RELIGION IN THE WORLD... Surely, we could figure out the roles and responsibilities of a Priest correctly... preferably as sarcastically as possible.
john196920022001 wrote: I have a few recommendations that eliminate this problem. I would like to suggest an ordained position called the Wedding Ceremony Celebrant, who has only the authority to perform marriages. There are three legal ways this could be done
  1. Ordained ministers who convert to Pastafarianism can get their current ordinations authorized by the the governing Council to perform marriages.
  2. If there is an organized Pastafarian group in a certain city, the group can create an ordination process and ordain the person to be a Marriage Ceremony Celebrant.
  3. Go to the Universal Life Church (ULC) website. Apply for ordination. After ordained by UCL, ask the Council to approve the ordained UCL minister to perform marriages.
The only legal function ordained ministers have is performing marriages. I think this is the only issue where we need some kind of ordained officiant. I am already and ordained minister so I could perform a Pastafarian marriage if members are serious about the Pastafarian marriage issue. It would also be nice to have other come forward that might want to do this too
John

Your idea is also a good idea...
But surely we don't have to give our priests any "power" over anyone. Hell, we could ordain only those of a specific race, creed, height, weight, etc... Political Correctness is just as good a target for ridicule as religion and pseudo-sciences...

Just some thoughts.
It's my birthday, so if you don't like what I have to say... suck it. :fsm_rock:
Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati
When all else fails, play dead.
randomblink
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Merixcil on Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:06 am

Well, if the worst comes to the worst then you can always just have a quick 'marriage' in a regestrory office and then you can be free to have your own ceremony that makes if official for you, that way it's legal and you can have a Pastsafarian wedding.

I suppose that anwer doesn't really help with the whole Pastsfarian minister problem though...

Maybe it could be any Pastafarian that you trust who can get their hands on full pirate regalia?
I have chosen the fish, you must now choose your animal!
Merixcil
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Ubi Dubium on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:27 pm

bendyl7 wrote:The rings that join a true pirate and his wench should be made in his image. if any one is or knows a jewler who can make a ring that looks like that of an fsm, then we can have nmore progress.

Yaarrr - all weddin' rings already be in the shape of pasta - if you count Spaghetti-O's! All those xian weddings using the symbol of a round noodle, and they don't even know it. The FSM (pesto be upon him) is truly everywhere!
:fsm:
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

PreviousNext

Return to Scripture and Lore