RRR . . . (please be kind)

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Re: RRR . . . (please be kind)

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:48 pm

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:So far, there are 4 that I would be comfortable with...

In order of preference:
Gentleman Pirate
Rouge-Tinged Rebel
Piratical Pastor of Pasta
Prodigious Piratical Poster

Any others that are creative and non-defamatory?

Dude, you have to go with Prodigious Piratical Poster. It's clearly the best.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Rainswept on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:49 pm

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:So far, there are 4 that I would be comfortable with...

You're not picking your own, Mr. Redbeard.

I suppose if all else fails and someone really hates the title that gets picked for them we could leave it as Prophet...
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:01 pm

I'm posting my preferences in the hopes that people will pay attention to them and be nice when creating more titles and/or voting upon them.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Rainswept on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:02 pm

No I mean you posted ones you made up!
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:03 pm

Two that I made, one that I adapted, and one that was suggested.

Besides, if I come up with a title and people like it, why can't they vote on it?
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Rainswept on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:34 pm

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote: if I come up with a title and people like it, why can't they vote on it?

Capellini wrote:Here is how this will work. Anyone who has the title of Prophet will start a thread here requesting a title, and listing the attributes they feel, beyond just being a Prophet, make them deserving of such an honor. THEN, the rest of the community will offer suggestions, a mod or admin will start a poll to vote, and then the mod staff will make a final decision between the top two winners.

Rules is rules. It's Cap's game tho, maybe she won't mind.
Rainswept

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:36 pm

Rainswept wrote:
Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote: if I come up with a title and people like it, why can't they vote on it?

Capellini wrote:Here is how this will work. Anyone who has the title of Prophet will start a thread here requesting a title, and listing the attributes they feel, beyond just being a Prophet, make them deserving of such an honor. THEN, the rest of the community will offer suggestions, a mod or admin will start a poll to vote, and then the mod staff will make a final decision between the top two winners.

--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:37 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:
Rainswept wrote:

As per the rules, I hereby suggest that RRR be given the title of Gentleman Pirate, or Rouge-Tinged Rebel, or Piratical Pastor of Pasta, or Prodigious Piratical Poster. It is my personal opinion that these names rock.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby lordpunkmonk on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:38 pm

the gotee guy (sorta a spoof on the go to guy)
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:40 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:As per the rules, I hereby suggest that RRR be given the title of Gentleman Pirate, or Rouge-Tinged Rebel, or Piratical Pastor of Pasta, or Prodigious Piratical Poster. It is my personal opinion that these names rock.

I hereby rescind my desire to strangle Zankou. He is The Awesome One, Bearer of the Triforce of Awesomeness, and hence, his suggestion of the above names is absolutely awesome and cannot be denied.

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Rainswept on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:50 pm

In honor of your new position at #1 poster:

Prestigiously Prolix Pirate
Rainswept

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:13 am

Piratical Prophet of Pasta

Pirates! Pirates! Pirates!

Religiously Refined Rogue
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby ken worley on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:38 am

Ghengis Spam
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby Capellini on Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:56 am

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:Two that I made, one that I adapted, and one that was suggested.

Besides, if I come up with a title and people like it, why can't they vote on it?

Knowing me, can I recommend reverse psychology? I plan on getting a lot of semi-evil laughs out of this, so you might want to beg for titles you hate, to guarantee I won't select them for the poll. Although now that I've told you to do that, you might want to try reverse-reverse psychology, or even reverse reverse reverse psychology . . .
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:50 am

Oi bin on to ye frum thee start .

None off yer tricks gonna werk on me . Oi neffer stud deed cycologee .
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

PreviousNext

Return to Locked Posts