CURRENT Television

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Tue May 13, 2008 4:26 am

PracticalGuy wrote:Did anyone see last nights South Park? I think it was the funniest one I've ever seen. It was all about internet addiction and how people freak out when they lose it.

You can watch the whole thing here (legally you crybabies).

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/166182/
\
I've seen that one before.

Have you seen the "Imagination Land" episodes?

They were so good.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby farfalla on Wed May 21, 2008 9:54 am

BONES - did not see it but someone said this season ends with {something horrible being done by and to a charchter I like}-

NOOOOOOO and stupid

:x :x :x ..... :cry:

(especially because, in my mind, {this charachter} is a combo of some pastafarians)

*sorry, Rain, you are right, too much even if wrong, information so made {changes}

maybe it is all a bad dream

~~~~~~/\~~~~~~

The heart has its reason, of which reason knows nothing. -Pascal - thanks, Z

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."
Cpt Jack Sparrow

"I'm used to going out at 3 in the morning and doing something stupid."
Alan Moore

Silk 'n mind
farfalla
Feline Fatale

Postby Rainswept on Wed May 21, 2008 10:10 am

Lucky for you that's not exactly correct, and I would fucking KILL anyone who gave away a show ending like that to me.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Dexter

Postby black bart on Thu May 22, 2008 10:16 am

PantyGnawer wrote:I agree with everyone of those that you posted except for Smallvile.

Dexter is awesome. The opening sequence is perfectly brilliant with all the blood splatter imagery.

Did anyone watch that new A&E show "Breaking Bad"? Its about a high school chemistry teacher who learns he only has a year to live, so he starts manufacturing Meth in order to raise money for his family. They only aired about 6 episodes and I'm not sure if they are planning on making more.

I'd say that "The Riches" is pretty much the best show on tv right now.

We've just had the first series of Dexter in the UK. I agree with you the opening titles were brilliant and so was the show. My favourite episode was the one where Dexter had to investigate his own crime scene.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Re: Dexter

Postby Rainswept on Thu May 22, 2008 10:19 am

black bart wrote:We've just had the first series of Dexter in the UK. I agree with you the opening titles were brilliant and so was the show.

I hope you got them in the original, and not whatever is left of it when they are censored for broadcast TV.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept

Re: Dexter

Postby black bart on Fri May 23, 2008 9:03 am

Rainswept wrote:
black bart wrote:We've just had the first series of Dexter in the UK. I agree with you the opening titles were brilliant and so was the show.

I hope you got them in the original, and not whatever is left of it when they are censored for broadcast TV.

I don't know the answer to that but I imagine they were uncensored. Some of the scenes were pretty disturbing eg the scene/flash back/ when Dexters family are killed with a chain saw. Mind you, it doesn't take much to freak me out...I still get nightmares after watching Wolf Creek.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Rainswept on Fri May 23, 2008 10:42 am

And in Europe I hear they don't go crazy over nudity like they do here? Cause Julie benz is hot. Also, she has the sexiest voice ever.
Rainswept

Re: CURRENT Television

Postby Rainswept on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:20 pm

So, when I started this thread, I was using Blockbuster Online, and added some of the recommendations people made. Only problem was that Blockbuster Online sucked ass and would never send me any of them.

Now I'm on Netflix and I've been going through them, especially the British ones since I knew nothing about them. Anyway now I'm up to one that seems interesting after watching the first two episodes, Torchwood. I'm starting to feel like I'm missing out on a ton of stuff, however, since I've never seen Dr. Who.

How much of a difference will that make in my enjoyment of the show? It already seems like one of the main characters is taken directly from Dr. Who.
Rainswept

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:28 pm

oi lik Tha Agenda wiff Steve Paikin an
Tha Nature ove Fings wiff Davy Suzuki an
Doc Zones wiff Ann Marie mcdonald an
Sir vivorman wiff Les Stroud an
Nashnull Geografic wiff animals an stuff an
human Edge an
Passionite Eye an
Bugs bunny
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Hippie Pirate on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:50 pm

The only show I can say that I watch on TV is Flight of the Conchords. I have been a fan of them before they even had a show, and think they are hilarious.
Reducing global warming since 1989.

Rev Points at the moment = 4
Hippie Pirate
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby pieces o'nine on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:57 pm

Rainswept wrote:...
Anyway now I'm up to one that seems interesting after watching the first two episodes, Torchwood. I'm starting to feel like I'm missing out on a ton of stuff, however, since I've never seen Dr. Who.

How much of a difference will that make in my enjoyment of the show? It already seems like one of the main characters is taken directly from Dr. Who.

Yes, Jack is a spin-off from the revived series. I've rather enjoyed it as well -- not written primarily for kids; interesting ideas. There have been other attempts at spinning off characters over the years, but Torchwood is the best.

If you're a person with a great deal of patience who enjoys watching a story unravel (and anyone who can keep recommending Atlas Shrugged surely fits that requirement!) then you might enjoy Who. Of course, the best bits and homages are best appreciated only by those who have happily watched the whole shebang, from waaaaaay-back, so get your comfy chair ready.

And there is only *one* Doctor...
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:01 am

Rainswept wrote:So, when I started this thread, I was using Blockbuster Online, and added some of the recommendations people made. Only problem was that Blockbuster Online sucked ass and would never send me any of them.

Now I'm on Netflix and I've been going through them, especially the British ones since I knew nothing about them. Anyway now I'm up to one that seems interesting after watching the first two episodes, Torchwood. I'm starting to feel like I'm missing out on a ton of stuff, however, since I've never seen Dr. Who.

WHAT.

Never? Gosh. I'm so sorry. I've got most of the old series on DVD, and the first of the new.

It's funny. You 'merrckins get hundreds of channels on your cable televisions, but infrequently do you get something great. The only reason I'm glad that Australia is still connected to Britain is that we get a lot of their TV.

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby FaithfulPirate42 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:13 am

Scrubs, How I Met Your Mother, Lost, Psych, Bones, The Office, Monk, 30 Rock, House, Big Bang Theory, ER, and Family Guy. I may have a problem.
If only Wash were a magical zombie like Jesus. I miss him. Now who will pilot my spaceship?
"Life IS pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
Alex Trebek: Oh good. Mr. Connery wants to say something.
Sean Connery: I've thought of some more foreign ladies I snogged.
FaithfulPirate42
Chitarra Captain

Location: Retreating further and further from the real world.

Postby FaithfulPirate42 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:19 am

Hippie Pirate wrote:The only show I can say that I watch on TV is Flight of the Conchords. I have been a fan of them before they even had a show, and think they are hilarious.

I don't have cable or satellite, so have never seen the show. I do love FotC though. I first heard them back in about '05 I think, playing Business Time on Conan during our meal break at work. I have been thoroughly infatuated with them ever since. Interestingly enough, 90% of the girls I talk to can't stand them, and neither can my little brother. I'm beginning to think there may be a connection there.
If only Wash were a magical zombie like Jesus. I miss him. Now who will pilot my spaceship?
"Life IS pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
Alex Trebek: Oh good. Mr. Connery wants to say something.
Sean Connery: I've thought of some more foreign ladies I snogged.
FaithfulPirate42
Chitarra Captain

Location: Retreating further and further from the real world.

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:42 am

Scrubs, Skins, Lost, Top Gear, Doctor Who, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop. I have all the episodes of Flight of the Conchords, but haven't watched it in a while. It's a great show.

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors