Methinks a more gospelly Gospel should be made

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Methinks a more gospelly Gospel should be made

Postby dantes_torment on Tue May 22, 2007 10:56 pm

Despite Prophet Bobby's brilliant writing, the part that most resembles an actual gospel seems to have been an afterthought. I mean, how can we reference various sections of the story of the creation and Cap'n Mosey without handy dandy numbered verses like its bestselling rival?

I suggest a more official text delving into a linguistically complex (gratuitous use of thou, ye, behold, shalt, etc.) and historically accurate*cough cough* account of how stuff happened. I bet if we searched history, we could find more events strikingly similar to Christian affairs that we're incited by the Noodly Father.

Just a thought; it just seems that our gospel isn't much of a gospel. Plus I'm bored.
Only an invisible omnipotent sky daddy could write a book so bigoted and so riddled with inconsistencies; it's a test of faith, yeah.
dantes_torment
Conchigliette Convert

Postby STLstrike3 on Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:50 pm

I absolutely agree. I even thought of, in my freetime, running through each book of the bible and giving a Pastafarian take on it, numbers and verses intact.
STLstrike3
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Nick on Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:25 pm

Hmm, either i disagree or i misunderstand - this sounds like you want Pastafarianism to be more of a "Parody on Christianity" religion, could you elaborate?

:worship: :D
Nick
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Lazor on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:14 am

SOmething like verses would be nice.
Lazor
Ziti Zealot

Postby Darth Zombie on Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:31 am

Wow.. a new testament? :mrgreen:
Some 5 or 6 or 7 billion years from now, the Sun will become a red giant star and will engulf the orbits of Mercury and Venus and probably the Earth. The Earth then would be inside the Sun, and some of the problems that face us on this particular day will appear, by comparison, modest.On the other hand, since it is 5,000 or more million years away, it is not our most pressing problem. It is, though, worth bearing in mind. It has theological implications. - Carl Sagan, Master of Understatement
Darth Zombie
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby omichron on Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:15 pm

We know there's a book of Piraticus at least. The Ninja Revelations has been hinted, but scholars aren't certain of its existence.
omichron
Conchigliette Convert

Postby CaptainPyro on Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:56 pm

Why does bobby say in his letter that we have numerous text , if there is only one book in existance. He may be hiding other holly scriptures, possably in a chest, burried on the shore of Porta Bella where numerous pirate breathern have known to base their operations. Blatenly placing the scriptures there would be the best place to hide them.
CaptainPyro
Conchigliette Convert

Postby DaveL on Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:06 am

There a alot of scriptures hiding in Old Posts, that were being compiled for 'The Loose Canon'. Not Bobby's though.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby SandyHook on Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:47 pm

I have attempted to put together something along the lines of a gospel. Its called, "A Letter to Piraticus," and is in the Scripture and Lore Forum.

It describes how I came to be a Pastafarian. Please give it a read and let me know what you think.
SandyHook
Ziti Zealot

Postby The-evil-bucket on Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:41 pm

I actually thought the gospel was great, if you read it well, it will show you the path.
Have you seen Serenity around? I keep losing it. It's about *this* big, has a big yellow spinning bit on the back, two shuttles, and two engines on the side.

Was that the main buffer panel?
The-evil-bucket
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby DancingKitty on Mon May 05, 2008 12:12 pm

SandyHook wrote:I have attempted to put together something along the lines of a gospel. Its called, "A Letter to Piraticus," and is in the Scripture and Lore Forum.

It describes how I came to be a Pastafarian. Please give it a read and let me know what you think.

There was a massive effort by a number of former members to do exactly that, to make an ongoing compilation of the writings of the membership as the FSM revealed his messages to them.

There was even a website set to make it look all 'traditional' gospel-ish. Lots of long hours were spent trying to get it into Wiki form, when Bobby chose to say that was what he wanted. The main person working on it, who spent hours every day reading every post, back when the forum was extremely busy was threatened, by Bobby, with a lawsuit. She chose to leave, blaming it an health problems, and refuses any extended contact with any members or former members to this day. the other person that was helping her and donating the bandwidth to store the 'artistic' archives was also unwell, and the threats nearly caused another major bout of illness for her.

Anything you do, try to clear with Bobby first, because you don't want to waste months and months executing a document and get threatened for it. That's what was done the first time, but that was when Bobby wasn't communicating.

The majority of the previous work and the source documents are gone.
Meow.
DancingKitty
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby DaveL on Mon May 05, 2008 3:28 pm

YArrrr...

It was one of the funniest compilation of works I'd ever had the pleasure of reading and being involved in. So sad that it died and those compiling it vanished.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Re: Methinks a more gospelly Gospel should be made

Postby yargh ye landlubbers on Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:20 am

I was thinking the exact same idea, because (although the greatest. book. EVER) it wasn't gospel-like enough for me.
I think Bobby should work on a gospel to enlighten us more about The Great FSM, and it should be hardback or leather.
"The more we learn about the world around us, the more we see that life and the universe were created in His image. From interconnected forces on the grandest of scales, down to matter's tiniest bits, we see His Noodliness in everything."
- The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
RAmen
yargh ye landlubbers
Ziti Zealot

Re:

Postby Josh M on Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Darth Zombie wrote:Wow.. a new testament? :mrgreen:

I think you mean a new testicle.

Oh and this idea is a great one. Although going through and finding all of the little tidbits of lore on the forum would be rather painstaking.
Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in heaven, Swallowed be thy shame. Thy Midgit come. Thy Sauce be yum, On top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread. And give us our cutlasses, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss. And lead us into temptation, But deliver us some Pizza. For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. RAmen.
Josh M
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re: Methinks a more gospelly Gospel should be made

Postby Clifford on Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:01 pm

The Gospel makes it's point. I see no need for any more.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Next

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion