Pastafarianism in depth

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby liquidfalcon on Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:17 pm

Really? That amuses me. Anyway I'm sorry for Blaspheming and such... in fact I changed the name to Meatball Monster to downplay the resemblance to this whole thing as the only people that were visiting it were my friends anyway. At this point I think any posts to this thread would be instigation anyway as you seem to take this a lot more seriously than I do. So as a favour to me, will you please delete this thread?

Also if you can give me a name other than Pastafarian I'll use that also if I like it.

But yeah essentially I created this thread when I created the blog through a surge of foolish pride and so on - and it seems now that my blog has so little to do with the FSM that I feel I can change it to whatever I want :) But still its your forum and I didn't really mean to piss you off - to be honest... I thought you guys were messing with me the whole time.
Blasphamer and potential bringer of destruction in all that is good and saucy.
liquidfalcon
Ziti Zealot

Postby Cerberus on Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:58 pm

But yeah essentially I created this thread when I created the blog through a surge of foolish pride and so on - and it seems now that my blog has so little to do with the FSM that I feel I can change it to whatever I want But still its your forum and I didn't really mean to piss you off - to be honest... I thought you guys were messing with me the whole time.

Oh you didn't piss us off, i'm just a bastard who likes picking fights, best if you don't take anything i say too literally (could result in irreversable brain damage). That and i don't like deleting threads, i think people benefit from reading them. While i constantly tell people that i'll delete their posts, i've yet to do it. I'm more likely just to whinge at you until you see my point of view.

I do however stand by my point. The Flying Spaghetti Monster, IS and always will be the FLYING Spaghetti Monster, joke or no. If peoples start coming up with offshoots it lessens the effect and shows the movement as not being cohesive. Whih in turn is bad for our end goal, prevention of ID in the science classroom. So call him what you will elsewhere, but here he is FSM the Most Holy.
Religious war at its very simplest is killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend.

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Cerberus
Now 3.1415926% Recycled Opinions

Postby liquidfalcon on Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:46 pm

Ah well now we understand each other. All hail the FSM.
liquidfalcon
Ziti Zealot

Postby gnoodles on Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:49 pm

Cerberus wrote:
I do however stand by my point. The Flying Spaghetti Monster, IS and always will be the FLYING Spaghetti Monster, joke or no. If peoples start coming up with offshoots it lessens the effect and shows the movement as not being cohesive. Whih in turn is bad for our end goal, prevention of ID in the science classroom. So call him what you will elsewhere, but here he is FSM the Most Holy.

I agree with you that both of the names suggested are disrespectful, and mar an otherwise valuable contribution to His Noodliness' canon.

But beyond that, I'm not sure that I totally agree with you. At the very least, there are several names that are considered appropriate: "Because of this humans have created alternative names by which to call their grand master, His Savoriness, the Noodle in the Sky, the Saucy Master and simply referring to Him and His Noodly Appendage instead of attempting to use His glorious name." (from The Uncyclopedia)

In addition, it could be that Liquid Falcon is interested in starting yet another sect. While he would certainly be committing blasphemy, and will obviously spend eternity in Al Dente's Inferno for doing so, is it really inappropriate for him to do so? So long as he is clear in his posts that he is being blasphemous (perhaps he can set his signature to read "Blasphemer"), it seems to me that deleting his thread would displease the Great Noodly One.
Help create the Holy Cookbook of Pastafarianism
gnoodles
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Cerberus on Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:38 pm

I did actually say that i wasn't going to delete his thread. So no worries about that front.

And you make an interesting point (no one shoot me for starting a sentence with "and" please - i know more than a few of you are english teachers past/present). How else will the religion grow without people like Liquid question fundamentalist FSMers like myself (hypothetically at least, i can't hold down a view long enough to be counted fundy)? The ancient scriptures are there to be questioned and revised, so feel free to interpret them in anyway you want - as long as you can back up what you say. None of this "just 'cause" gear, that'd make you sound like a christian.
Religious war at its very simplest is killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend.

Cerberus

Postby liquidfalcon on Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:04 am

Yeah my blog has become mearley a place to write random ideas about random things - I try and keep them somewhat in context still tho... Oh well thats about it tho...

Oh yeah and I changed my signature.
liquidfalcon
Ziti Zealot

Postby Cerberus on Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:17 am

Nice, i rate that sig. You should get a t'shirt made and walk around churches. It'd be hilarious.

Cerberus

Previous

Return to Scripture and Lore