How to Make Burritos Carne Pollo....(mighty damn tasty.)

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

How to Make Burritos Carne Pollo....(mighty damn tasty.)

Postby ken worley on Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:27 am

Take some boneless, skinless chicken breasts, and give them a dry rub with granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, and a little cayenne pepper.(a flavor amount, not a "heat" amount.)

Place them on a BBQ grill, and cook until just barely done, turning only once, if possible.(overcooking is the most worrisome problem...They are done when the last of the meat in the center of the fattest part of the breast has barely turned from pink to white.)

Shred the cooked breasts into small pieces.

Place on thick flour tortilla with a small amount of fancy-shredded colby-jack cheese.

Place in microwave( or on low stovetop heat, covered,) and heat on medium for 45 seconds, till cheese melts.

Add a couple teaspoons of diced tomatoes, a very light sprinkle of minced onions, and a 1/4' wide bead of sour cream.(another dash of salt here is recommended.)

Fold two inches of two opposing sides of tortilla towars center, rotate plate 90°, and roll tortilla up into a cylinder.

serve with spanish rice, and a portion of refried beans(frijoles refridos), also sprinkled with a small amount of cheese.

Burritos Carne Pollo con Queso, con Salsa rojo y Crema Blanco, con Arroz y Frijoles.

yummy.
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Chef

Postby black bart on Thu May 01, 2008 10:47 am

Have you ever thought of becoming a TV celebrity chef?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby ken worley on Fri May 02, 2008 12:39 am

No.
TV celebrities taste like shit.

ba-dum-PSHHHHH!!!!

*stands in corner*
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Re: How to Make Burritos Carne Pollo....(mighty damn tasty.)

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:57 pm

ken worley wrote:
Place on thick flour tortilla with a small amount of fancy-shredded colby-jack cheese.

My universe does not allow for cheese in small quantities.

While I'm sure this would be a delightful snack, as a card-carrying member of Gluttons Anonymous, I feel compelled to enlighten everyone as to the proper method of constructing the Burrito of Doom, two examples of which I personally consumed less than three hours ago. I make my own refried beans - grate a carrot into a frying pan, simmer in olive oil for a few minutes, add 0.5 chopped onion and 6-10 finely chopped cloves of the best garlic you can find (you should never use anything less than the best garlic), simmer for another 5 minutes or so, add 2 cans undrained pinto beans and 0.5 tablespoons cumin, then mash the snot out of the mixture with a potato masher, and cook over medium low heat. When the mixture starts to thicken, add a goodly fistful of chopped fresh cilantro. Don't even think about using the dried crap. Continue cooking until thick enough to be considered a paste. Serve while hot, dammit, don't let it cool off.
Your Burrito of Doom is costructed on an 8" flour tortilla, and it better have some structural integrity or you'll wish it had later. Slather way too much of the refried beans in a wide strip from one edge of the tortilla to about 0.75 of the way across. Pile more shredded cheese than is generally considered safe over the strip - we usually use extra sharp cheddar. Next add a layer of chopped onion - about half a cup should do it. Then chopped tomatoes, about 0.5 of one tomato is normal for me. Sliced black olives, enough to cover the steadily growing heap so it's hard to tell what's under the olives. Then about one entire jalapeno pepper, halved and sliced not too thinly. If you've measured correctly, there should be enough tortilla available to just barely fold up the bottom end, and wrap the sides around so you can hold the guts together. Make sure you have opened the bottle of hot sauce (McIlhenny's Chipotle Tabasco is recommended) before you pick up the Burrito of Doom, because once you pick it up, you're committed, you can't put it down without having it completely degenerate into a pile of scattered components. A properly constructed Burrito of Doom should weigh at least a pound. Don't plan on being physically active for a while after dinner.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ken worley on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:06 pm

A 16" thin fire-seared flour tortilla, over-loaded as you describe,but ingredients instead consisting of: plain med-rare char-grilled strips of steak(noA-1 or other bastardizations.), sour cream, and pico-de-gallo salsa...weighs 24-32 oz....actually hurts if you finish it...
Still, I become foolish enough to seek another one as few as 4 days later...

...flesh is weeeeak....
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:52 pm

I just finished eating, and that makes me drool anyhow. :D
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Return to Food