Leather Bound Edition

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

LahaRulle
Conchigliette Convert

didn't make money?

Postby LahaRulle » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:45 pm

it didn't? thats horrible. not enough publicity probably. and i found mine in the "humor" section! i am considering talking the the manager about this.

peacefulsongs

Re: Leather Bound Edition

Postby peacefulsongs » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:51 am

Apparently a leatherbound edition is a bad idea. I think this is a project that a small group of private investor would have to undertake for their own personal use. For profit publishers aren't willing to take the risk of printing 15,000 leatherbound books that can't be sold.

:cry:

juicegiver

peacefulsongs

Re:

Postby peacefulsongs » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:50 am

Auntie Blackbeard wrote:I be doubtfull it be happenin' dearies , Bobby doan give much a hoot abowt our forum ( he neffer visits thee Crow's Nest ) .

I doan think annudder publishARR be touchin him fer a while , thay dint make much munny... iffen any .

Are you suggesting that Villard Books lost money on the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster??

juicegiver

peacefulsongs

Postby peacefulsongs » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:20 pm

If you are looking for a great book that has the same look as a Bible but offers the same irreverant humor found in the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster here is a good option:

Lamb Special Gift Ed: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

I have just started reading this book. This book has made me laugh out loud dozens of times already and I'm only on page 118 out of 417.

The most amazing aspect of this book isn't it's content. This book is shaped like, bound like and looks like a King James Bible at first glance. The imitation leather isn't top notch so it may not last as long as a leatherbound Bible but it looks and feels like a King James Bible. I have only seen one other product that looked like this. I think it was something like the Game or the Player. I'm not sure.

The moral of the story is: If you like the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and you were disappointed with the quality of the printing then you will love this book.

The End

juicegiver

peacefulsongs

Postby peacefulsongs » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:42 am

effective August 31, 2013 at 1:00am Eastern Standard time I will stop logging on to this forum from work.

I want to read this stuff at my house.

juicegiver

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Re: agreement here

Postby Nancy Delia » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:53 pm

St John the Blasphemist wrote:
LahaRulle wrote:I totally agree with all of this. I want "bible style" books. small, leather backed type thing. with those, i would get a bunch and hand them out at my school like they are bibles :D :fsm_rock:

The hardcover is Bible-style. It's the same as the pic of it on the softcover cover. Even has bookmark ribbons (if you'd read my "Hardcover Gospel Released" thread, you'd know this).

ISBN: 0-00-723160-1

You could probably improvise a cover for it with some red-coloured leather & gold leaf.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Red Leather, Yellow Leather, Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry Said Five Times Fast.

i have heard about these hardcover versions of the gospel of the flying spaghetti monster. i'm always afraid that if i order one then the seller will play dumb and send me the coloring book quality version that i already have. i'm not interested in taking the risk of paying $35 for the coloring book that i already have. i would be cool with it if amazon sold the hard back version but they don't. you have to buy it from a private seller. amazon makes no distinction between the hardcover edition and the paperback edition. i think it would be easy for sellers to get confused about which product they were actually selling. of course they have the more expensive version. right?

i'd love to buy one of these but i just don't have the courage to go through with it.

P.S. this is a pre-emptive message for anybody who says that it's not about the quality of the book, it's about the quality of the message. it doesn't matter what kind of paper it is written on or what kind of cover it has. to anybody who says that i will say bull banana split. a cool high quality book is way more fun to carry around than a magazine or a newspaper. it has more weight both literally and figuratively. so please refrain from making a silly comment like that.
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Great souls suffer in silence. ~Friedrich Schiller

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:16 am

The Gospel was published by Random House. It's a properly bound book.
The Loose Canon is a pdf-only document published online by the Council of the Olive Garden.
The Loose Canon Second Edition is an unauthorised rip-off published by a chancer.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Nancy Delia » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:18 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:The Gospel was published by Random House. It's a properly bound book.
The Loose Canon is a pdf-only document published online by the Council of the Olive Garden.
The Loose Canon Second Edition is an unauthorised rip-off published by a chancer.

ISBN: 0-00-723160-1 is what i was talking about.

ISBN: 978-0812976564 is the other one that i was talking about.
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Great souls suffer in silence. ~Friedrich Schiller

Monobaz
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Monobaz » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:33 pm

Hi Eric!
"There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages." Ruth Hurmence Green

Return to “Gospel of FSM Book Discussion”