Holiday not documented in Wikipedia list of festivals!

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:25 am

I thought Holiday was every Friday.
Image

Intelligence: What stupid people think they have lots of.
Stupidity: What intelligent people wish they had less of.

I want you to know that everything I did, I did for my country.
- Pol Pot

Check out St JtB's MySpace page here!!
User avatar
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:37 am
Location: Brisbane

Postby eterpage on Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:07 am

Caliburn wrote:I thought madonna wrote a song about holiday, during her FSM phase...you know....between the hindu and qblh phases?

Doesn't that imply national recognition?
not only that but i just saw a article about how people are saying happy holiday rather then merry christmas or anything. i mean tens of millions people are saying "happy holidays" then how is that not nationally recognized! i say we push for a pastafarian secion on the wikipedia list of festivals! i mean what is so special about us that they have to supress?
http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

hahah great pirate song i found. like our theme song, just not.
User avatar
eterpage
Gnocchetti Galley Slave
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:53 am
Location: raleigh NC

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:02 pm

St John the Blasphemist wrote:I thought Holiday was every Friday.


No, Friday is a holiday with a lowercase h, but Holiday with a capital H is a winter holiday that takes up most of the months of December and January.
User avatar
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:13 am
Location: Massachusetts

Postby EarthRise on Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:06 pm

eterpage wrote:
Caliburn wrote:I thought madonna wrote a song about holiday, during her FSM phase...you know....between the hindu and qblh phases?

Doesn't that imply national recognition?
not only that but i just saw a article about how people are saying happy holiday rather then merry christmas or anything. i mean tens of millions people are saying "happy holidays" then how is that not nationally recognized! i say we push for a pastafarian secion on the wikipedia list of festivals! i mean what is so special about us that they have to supress?


That is evidently, on accounts of the plurality, a reference to many different winter holidays around this time, including but not exclusively Holiday.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
User avatar
EarthRise
Hox God
 
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:35 pm
Location: who wants to know?

lol

Postby eterpage on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:08 am

ok earthrise, but just so u know chuck norris is coming for you.
he wants to know, where you are....
sorry i had to post this
http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

hahah great pirate song i found. like our theme song, just not.
User avatar
eterpage
Gnocchetti Galley Slave
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:53 am
Location: raleigh NC

Postby EarthRise on Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:15 am

That's cool. I'm friends with Bruce Lee. And Bruce Lee has been documented kicking Chuck Norris's ass.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
User avatar
EarthRise
Hox God
 
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:35 pm
Location: who wants to know?

Postby Lord of Numa on Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:26 pm

Tronlet wrote:...which article? Edit: Oh, the article mentioned in the intro topic. :p Oops.

And wait, Crimbo is on there, but not Holiday? So, what, our religion is beat out by some game's religion? Blasphemy!
Kingdom of Loathing is amazing... We shall not dis on teh KoL
May the glorious Flying Spaghetti Monster bathe you in his wondrous Mercy, Love, and Garlic Sauce!
May He bless MP3 Fiesta and their noodlicious music bargains!
May He also watch over Roffleopolis and touch it with his marvelous Noodly Appendages.

RAmen
User avatar
Lord of Numa
Bucatini Buccanneer
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: NCSU

Postby eterpage on Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:01 am

EarthRise wrote:That's cool. I'm friends with Bruce Lee. And Bruce Lee has been documented kicking Chuck Norris's ass.
chuck norris once vistitid the virgin islands, now they are just the islands
http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

hahah great pirate song i found. like our theme song, just not.
User avatar
eterpage
Gnocchetti Galley Slave
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:53 am
Location: raleigh NC

Postby EarthRise on Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:51 am

eterpage wrote:
EarthRise wrote:That's cool. I'm friends with Bruce Lee. And Bruce Lee has been documented kicking Chuck Norris's ass.
chuck norris once vistitid the virgin islands, now they are just the islands


Bruce Lee once broke Chuck Norris' neck, and ripped out his chest hair.

'Nuff said.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
User avatar
EarthRise
Hox God
 
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:35 pm
Location: who wants to know?

Postby eterpage on Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:29 pm

EarthRise wrote:
eterpage wrote:
EarthRise wrote:That's cool. I'm friends with Bruce Lee. And Bruce Lee has been documented kicking Chuck Norris's ass.
chuck norris once vistitid the virgin islands, now they are just the islands


Bruce Lee once broke Chuck Norris' neck, and ripped out his chest hair.

'Nuff said.
chuck norris can stop a speeding bullet
http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

hahah great pirate song i found. like our theme song, just not.
User avatar
eterpage
Gnocchetti Galley Slave
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:53 am
Location: raleigh NC

Postby EarthRise on Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:38 pm

eterpage wrote:
EarthRise wrote:
eterpage wrote:
EarthRise wrote:That's cool. I'm friends with Bruce Lee. And Bruce Lee has been documented kicking Chuck Norris's ass.
chuck norris once vistitid the virgin islands, now they are just the islands


Bruce Lee once broke Chuck Norris' neck, and ripped out his chest hair.

'Nuff said.
chuck norris can stop a speeding bullet


Chuck Norris blamed Virginia Tech on a lack of Christian education.

And you know what? Mine is real. :D
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
User avatar
EarthRise
Hox God
 
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:35 pm
Location: who wants to know?

Postby Moral Minority on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:39 am

Whoot for Cho Seung-Hui, who was incidentially a Christian.
User avatar
Moral Minority
Prophet of Pastafarianism
 
Posts: 5629
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:51 pm
Location: Follow the trail of smoldering bodies.

Postby EarthRise on Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:50 pm

Moral Minority wrote:Whoot for Cho Seung-Hui, who was incidentially a Christian.


Was this meant ironically, or should I take some well-deserved offense?
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
User avatar
EarthRise
Hox God
 
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:35 pm
Location: who wants to know?

Re: Holiday not documented in Wikipedia list of festivals!

Postby led3234 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:15 pm

Are there any other h(H?)olidays?
Gamertag - specialed324

Feel free to add me.
User avatar
led3234
Conchigliette Convert
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:39 pm

Re:

Postby Brian-M on Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:57 pm

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:Holiday with a capital H is a winter holiday that takes up most of the months of December and January.


Arrr! But that thar winter hollyday be roight in the middle of summar.
:fsm_float:
(We don't all live in the Northern Hemisphere.)
Fact 1: The Italian word "spaghetti" literally translates as "little strings".
Fact 2: Physicists tell us the universe is made from "little strings" (string theory).
Conclusion: The universe is made from spaghetti.
User avatar
Brian-M
Ziti Zealot
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Cause

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron