the book of Fearsome Pirate Pete

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Solipsy on Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:14 am

Duke, are you talking about specifically with regard to Qwerty's FPP story, or a separate Ninja story?

~s/s~
This space for rent,
Solipsy

"The Go-To Scribe for all Texts Canonical"
Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby Duke on Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:16 am

I was talking about my own, but I am open to either.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Duke on Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:31 am

Should I put all the postings of Qwerty's story into one, spell/grammer checked, glorious volume? That might be good.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby fusiontortellini on Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:33 am

Actually, that's my job :wink: But if you're volunteering . . . What's your word processor?
Who really might actually be back this time . . .

May the Fiori be with you. And may It have Meatballs.
fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Duke on Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:36 am

Word for mac.

I already gave a crack at it, it is a bitch to check.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Solipsy on Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:13 am

FPP isn't done yet, and it's gonna burn a spell-checker because of the dialects! I don't think Qwerty's spelling is an issue :). I didn't so much mean word-processing FPP, I meant adding Ninja-story-plotlines to it... I wasn't sure if that's what you were suggesting... and I imagine Qwerty's little llama dancing tippie toe sideways left-n-right medieval on anyone's butt who tried to add Ninja stuff...

Nah. What Qwerty & I will work on with FPP is punctuating the dialogue, smoothing out the referents -- (Which he does he mean when he says he is talking to him, when he talks about him after they have talked to each other, then one of them tells the other that he said that they were going to tell him something really important but he forgot what he said to tell him. Now he is going to die because he forgot who he said was supposed to tell him!) --

and

learning when to hit the <enter> key to indicate small shifts in plot, logic, etc. :mrgreen:
This space for rent,
Solipsy

Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby fusiontortellini on Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:32 am

Oh, I got bored and already started.
:oops:
I think we ought to both do it, and see if we end up with the same thing. . .

There are some spots that could use a LOT of fleshing out, though.
Who really might actually be back this time . . .

May the Fiori be with you. And may It have Meatballs.
fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:22 am

sor-REE solipsy!

like i said, I was trying out a new format. i just kind felt like it, and it fell into place

can i be creative? is that legal?

as for formatting, I'm going to send it to Cerberus, considering that he volunteered to mess around with some formatting.

so, once it is finished, i shall spellcheck, then send to cerbie. afterwords, i shall send to Solipsy.

what do i have against ninjas?

(although, you're right solipsy, my llama is pretty badass)
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:02 pm

Solipsy wrote:FPP isn't done yet, and it's gonna burn a spell-checker because of the dialects! I don't think Qwerty's spelling is an issue :). I didn't so much mean word-processing FPP, I meant adding Ninja-story-plotlines to it... I wasn't sure if that's what you were suggesting... and I imagine Qwerty's little llama dancing tippie toe sideways left-n-right medieval on anyone's butt who tried to add Ninja stuff...

Nah. What Qwerty & I will work on with FPP is punctuating the dialogue, smoothing out the referents -- (Which he does he mean when he says he is talking to him, when he talks about him after they have talked to each other, then one of them tells the other that he said that they were going to tell him something really important but he forgot what he said to tell him. Now he is going to die because he forgot who he said was supposed to tell him!) --

and

learning when to hit the <enter> key to indicate small shifts in plot, logic, etc. :mrgreen:

I will do anything and everything Ninja, it sounds fun.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Solipsy on Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:37 pm

Qwerty,

I must be experiencing "read every post" fatigue... I thought you and Ushnor were the "we hate Ninjas" team? If not the two of you, do you remember who the anti-Ninja faction was? There used to be a couple of posters a while ago that would have Ninja joke slam-fests... for some reason I superimposed you and Ushnor as the two of them... Like "Pirates are cool! Yeah! What about Vikings? Dude, Vikings, rock! Yeah! Yeah, Pirates and Vikings Rock!! Ninjas??? NINJAS ARE DUMB!!! We hate Ninjas!" It went something like that, only spelled worse, and funnier overall. :wink:
But, look how much attention FPP is getting... gotta love that, eh?
This space for rent,
Solipsy

Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby Duke on Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:32 pm

Everybody, listen up!!! I am about to put my first fingers to keyboard in writing the history of the Ninjas!!!

Alright, here goes nothing.

I am doing it on a word processor, but once I hit a milestone, I will post it on The Ninja Chronicles thread, which I have yet to create.
I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:36 pm

I usually create the bridges that have to be crossed. like Solipsy eyes.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:52 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:I usually create the bridges that have to be crossed. like Solipsy eyes.

Some bridges are pre-made. I prefer swimming, anyway. It is more
Ninja-y.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:57 pm

ah, but wouldn't squishy and squeaky shoes hinder your shneakyness?

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:00 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:ah, but wouldn't squishy and squeaky shoes hinder your shneakyness?

What, have you never heard of a portable dryer?

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

PreviousNext

Return to Scripture and Lore