Church Buildings out side the internet in the real world

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Heffalump on Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:33 pm

In polish wikipedia there is written: I want you not to build churches for FSM, it's better to spent money on:
-end with poor
-cure diseases
-make TV cheaper

And I totally agree with it. (sorry, I don't have The Gospel of FSM so I can not writ it exactly how it was written there)
Heffalump
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:19 am

RAmen, Heffalump!! but in the States, TV is already cheap (& nasty & not so good, mostly :mrgreen: )..except when you have satellite TV (which can be OK..rugby, football (soccer in the USA),volleyball..yay!) :fsm_yarr:
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:46 am

One of the eight I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts issued to Captain Mosey by the FSM says he'd rather you not spend too much on worship, as it could be better spent in the ways Heffalump listed, among other ways.

EDIT: However, there is a Lego church. There's photos and descriptions of it on a website. Venganza's main site links to it. Hold on, let me find it...

EDIT 2: Guess it doesn't link to it. Here it is then: http://www.reasonablyclever.com/lego/fsm/
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Grim Squeaker on Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:26 pm

The money will go towards a pirate ship, which will aid the fight against global warming.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.â€￾
Stephen Roberts
Grim Squeaker
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Grim Squeaker on Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:25 pm

Through its existence. More piratey stuff = less global warming. ARRRRR !
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.â€￾
Stephen Roberts
Grim Squeaker
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby UncertainGod on Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:50 am

I think the strength of pastafarianism comes from it online nature, though I do admit that the LEGO church is one of the greatest things I've seen of late.
UncertainGod
Ziti Zealot

Postby Pirate Terramort on Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:43 am

We should have local gatherings, just to talk all things FSM, and have human interaction. I'm trying to get a Gathering started on Friday's at school, going pretty well. I hope soon all of Rogue River, OR. will be blessed by His Noodly Appendage.

RAmen! :worship: :fsm_float:
Sincerely,
Drew Anderson, Th. D.
Captain of the Birthday Massacre
High Magus of the Wise Council of World Pasta

If you love someone, set them free. If they return to you, put several 8 inch blades into their head. If they return again, then run.... Just RUN.

1st Nautilus 4:4 " For, in the words of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, “Don’t be a bitch. It’s not nice.” "
Pirate Terramort
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:42 pm

If you ever come down to Ashland, I'll join in.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Clifford on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:27 am

Heffalump wrote:In polish wikipedia there is written: I want you not to build churches for FSM, it's better to spent money on:
-end with poor
-cure diseases
-make TV cheaper

And I totally agree with it. (sorry, I don't have The Gospel of FSM so I can not writ it exactly how it was written there)

Why didn't the Catholic Church think of that? To make our Universal Point more obvious and advertisedto those unknowing of us already, Churches should be constructed, or temporary ones formed.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby jekka on Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:28 am

i would have to agree with heffalump, having a church would be great but there are better things that could be done with our money as churches are very expensive and because the faith is so thinly spread over a large area one church would only serve a small amount of locals unless there were those (which im sure they're are who would travel great distances to reach it) its simply better to have a worldwide connection such as the internet-wich also happens to be alot cheaper
grab a fork, its pasta time!!!
jekka
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Hippie Pirate on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:32 am

ARGH MATE, thar be plenty of pastafarians where I be, an' we talk about His greatness all the time. If ye wants to get together with some other worshipers of His noodly appendages, then gets together with em!

If'n ya don't know a any other pastafarians...start spreadin' His word.
Reducing global warming since 1989.

Rev Points at the moment = 4
Hippie Pirate
Lumache Lieutenant

money

Postby eterpage on Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:48 am

thier are better things we can spend our money on.

i just read the 8 i'd really rather you didn'ts and it clearly said that you should not build stuff in its honor when that money could be spent on better things.
http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

hahah great pirate song i found. like our theme song, just not.
eterpage
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Tronlet on Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:50 am

Well, actuarrrly, He states in the Eight I Really Rather You Didn'ts that He doesn't want you to build multi-million churches. I interpret this as any over-zealous waste of money. Thus, I think cheaply renting an office or something to convert into a church would be okay, especially if you donated for charity or something to create a "zero money footprint".
:worship: :fsm:
May We All Be Touched By His Noodly Appendage.
:pirate_fish: :pirate_fish: :pirate_fish: :pirate_fish:
Tronlet
Ziti Zealot

good point

Postby eterpage on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:28 pm

FSB wrote:if FSM wants us not to spend money in his name or wht ever then how come the gospel cost money to get?
this is a good point, so maybe we could just like buy a multithousand dollar church we would not be breaking a id really rather you didnt.
k now who has thouands of dollars?
http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

hahah great pirate song i found. like our theme song, just not.
eterpage
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

yarr

Postby pirateanarchist on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:24 pm

well as for the church, fund raising for the Pirate Ship is on through the selling of merchandise, and from then on we can take donations to start giving to charity. I'm sure Greenpeace would love some pirates in a ship on their side helping to save the whales! The ship is mainly to spread the word of the FSM to get converts, and the more ppl see it, the more booty we will have to give to worthy causes.
that is in line with the 8 "I Really Rather You Did not"'s
:fsm:
Pirates Do It For The Rum
Ramen

anarchyinaction.piczo.com
pirateanarchist
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Next

Return to The Cause