Florida - Evolution is just a theory

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Florida - Evolution is just a theory

Postby Ermintrude on Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:44 am

I agree.

Newtons Laws of Motion were a law and then along came Einstein with the theory of relativity.

Evolution is not a fact - assume the FSM that created you for an instant and gave you all your memory's and the instance you made your decision it was by the evidence (that may have been tampered with by noodley appendages) so you decide that evolution was a fact but prove it is.

While (assuming I have a choice not tampered with by noodley appendages appendages) based on the evidence evolution swamps every other argument but evolution it is not proven to be true. (I believe this is impossible to do BUT I can point to evidence/experiments showing evolution is occurring, point to examples of non intelligently design and so on) but I can't prove it as 100% true.

The FSM could be having a right hold laugh and created this to bring pastafarianism to the fore in the hope of getting more pirates to combat global warming!

My point is, that a theory is just that, evolution has the most evidence to support it so it's the one that should be taught BUT it could be incorrect or just partial . (Thing Newton vs quantum mechanics/relativity etc)

We need to defend bad thinking, not just be against anyone against evolution. However Generally the FSM can shed light on "beliefs" as the FSM can often form an equivalent from intelligent design to the current mess that is string/M (Ok when you know which one let me know but it's all spaghetti to me atthe moment).

Thought Experiment: What happens when the FSM hit's light speed while watching American Idol after eating two black hole meatballs!. Does it cancel the next series of Dr Who?

For me, apart from the 8 things we shouldn't here are four we should:-

Anways question - the answer to why is the reason for asking!,
Accept nothing as fixed,
Believe two opposing things - it can be done,
Care.
Ermintrude
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Cricket on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:12 am

I think that *is* the next series of Dr. Who!
Empusa's crew, so naked-new they may not face the fire,
But weep that they bin too small to sin to the height of their desire,
(Kipling)
Cricket
Tortellini Third Mate

Evolution of pigs stops global warming!

Postby Andrey Kurtenkov on Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:35 am

Greenpeace activists transformed a car into a pink pig at the protests in Germany against global warming:
http://autoworld.wordpress.com/2008/09/ ... n-germany/
En mateno de hela ero, per la forĉo de espero, venas viglaj pastafaroj, vere fluganta gefratoj.
Ah, vi flugu, Nia Monstro! Vin observas milionoj serĉiantaj vermiĉeloj, per espero kaj per amo.
Kaj la bona pastafaro post la malfermita pordo, trovos la eternan vivon en pastafara paradizo!
Pastafarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!
Българска пастафарианска църква (Bulgarian Pastafarian Church)
- за прослава на Макаронения Бог :worship: :fsm_float:
Andrey Kurtenkov
Chitarra Captain

Re: Florida - Evolution is just a theory

Postby CoolName on Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:01 pm

Ermintrude wrote:Newtons Laws of Motion were a law and then along came Einstein with the theory of relativity

I just want to make it clear because I've heard this many places, a scientific law doesn't have more evidence than a theory. They are two different things, a law states what will happen under certain conditions while a theory explains why something happens.

Otherwise I agree with you. Evolution has been shown to happen; however, we don't know for a fact it is the mechanism behind the diversity of species or our origins.
Check out my website.
Mark Twain wrote:It’s better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you’re stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
CoolName
Ziti Zealot

Return to The Cause