Idea for SoCal Pastafarians (And any others)

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Idea for SoCal Pastafarians (And any others)

Postby noraa58 on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:43 pm

Ok I had this idea. I remember often at my middle school after classes were out these guys in suits would hand out small Gideon bibles, with orange covers. Anyone else have this happen to them? Now I know the main conversion tactic has been college students and educated people, but I think we need to expand. I think we need to start spreading the Good Word to the middle schools, high schools, whatever.

If they are allowed to distribute their religious materials on the sidewalks (they were often on campus grounds too, but I have a feeling that might technically be unlawful) in front of schools so can we. In full Pirate regalia. If we hit a controversy, so much the better! Media attention will bring converts to the cause, and possibly even make a few people realize the absurdity of trying to convert kids. So what do you say? I'm totally down for this. I live and work in LA, but I'll go anywhere in SoCal if there is a serious group who are willing to do it.

If this has been done, I apologize for my unoriginality.
Arrrr!
noraa58
Ziti Zealot

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:11 pm

I believe what you asking has been done many times and is continuing . However many of the folks who have done so are not forum members so i don't know how it has all gone over . I imagine you would be quite a target for hate mongers and the like , I personally would not recommend it but then it is your life....
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby noraa58 on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:57 pm

I know it's been done at colleges and the like, but I've not read anything at middle/high schools.
Arrrr!
noraa58
Ziti Zealot

Return to FSM Gatherings