Flying Spaghetti Monster: The Movie

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby pumpkinhead on Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:03 pm

Actually, there's a project that my film company (or that once was...) Rapping Monkey Films was going to produce this movie called "The Passion of the Pasta". It still may happen, but it'll take a while. BHenderson never e-mailed me back about it.
pumpkinhead
Ziti Zealot

Postby Moral Minority on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:58 am

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:You need to have it jump around in time. Start w/creation. Jump to 2005. Jump to 2007 and a pirate congregation. Use fuzzy screen to change from Pirate talking about the Gospel to events from the Gospel. Jump to laboratory where scientists look at the evidence for FSM. Junp to science classroom with a pirate teaching FSM. The End.

I say we start with the end and finish with the image of FSM creating the world. A Quentin Tarantinoesque kind of storyline.

First, we should have scenes of heaven and pirates and Pastafarians enjoying themselves with the beer volcanoes and the stripper factory.

THen, we should have the main story. A modern-day pirate roaming the seas/streets, distributing candy and preaching the world but hunted by the Hare Krishna and then he should be stuck in a building with Hare Krishna terrorists kinda like the original Die-Hard.

Then, we could have the pirate engage a ninja clan in combat, but at the end, have them join him in love and peace to distribute candy together.

Then, the pirate could have a flashback about the good ole days of pirating when one could sail the seven seas like a true pirate.

Then, the pirate should meet our Noodly lord and consult him on how to spread the word.

Then we have another flashback where the pirate can be seen confessing love to his one true wench. We could have an XXX scene if we are not too concerned about the PG rating.

Then we should have another meeting with the FSM who would explain the meaning of life to the pirate and after that, we could finish with the creation of the world as we know it. With the midgit, tree and mountain.

Just an idea. I could actually come up with a script if you give me enough time.
Moral Minority
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby fractal on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:15 am

^ Yes! Please!
Write, write, write!

And if Redbeard is still willing to offer up the sounds from within his larynx, then I think we might have the start of a team here. Writer, animator, voice actor. Any other artists have some energy to offer?

I recently wrote the FSM into another cartoon I'm working on and emailed Mr. Henderson about having a "cameo". No response. But I do have some characters and scene art to reuse for this project! Hopefully I'll have something finished to show everyone by the end of the year.
Spread The Weird >> Stack The Midgets | Whack A Pope
fractal
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:58 pm

(the following is in a falsetto British accent)

Oh, I say! This is absolutely luverly!
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Moral Minority on Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:59 am

Started work on the script today. I had the idea of 7 Pastafarians recounting their life stories while enjoying a sip of beer in Heaven.

The 7 pastafarians are:

Jim from the USA
Mitch From Australia
Boris from Russia
Reina from Chile
Saya from Japan
Imer from Egypt
Udo from Germany

what say you, my fellow moviemakers?
Moral Minority

Postby fractal on Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:43 am

^ I'm totally diggin' that!!

Wonderful to have so many perspectives and perfectly apropos with the global representation. I approve, though I wonder if Rowan Redbeard will have any trouble with some of those accents??

MM, I want to say "take it away" but I also like the idea of incorporating elements from the Continuous Salty Tale so I wonder if that'll hamper your style? It would be good to see a lot of user input here while a good story still needs your kind of direction. It's so difficult to find good writers to work with a director, or BE the director too! I offered to help produce this thing, no matter what it becomes or how long it takes but there are certain roles I hope can be filled. I'm not a writer and although I enjoy directing, I think you should have some say in how you would like this to play out. What do you say? Have you got enough energy to take on some more responsibility and help guide this ship too?

RR, you're not really expected to do all the voice overs!! But, maybe you can round up some help and get some other voice actors, foley artists and musicians involved as well. Do you have a mic and a way to record yourself? Can you record other people? Editing capabilities? Communication is going to be key. I've connected with your vibe (both of you, actually) since I first joined here and RR, I've always felt that your dramatic character is something perfect for a project like this. Reminds me of some rennie friends ;)

I've waited a while to get these kinds of responses so I'm being sincere about this and hope everyone intends to follow through with their vision. I can assist with every aspect of video, illustration and animation as well as anything audio or music related and when it comes to brainstorming script ideas and developing character profiles; I can help a little with that as well. What I need most is a couple of team leaders who can help reel in the elements and the content we need to put this together.

This core team of three, writer/director, artist/animator and voice/audio, should be enough to get things rolling and with any luck we'll have other people joining in to take on odd jobs. V e r y ODD jobs!! Any vector artists, Flash users, musicians and idea people should check in with us and share your energy. Speak up if you need something!

Any of you folks use Skype?
I'm fractaljay.
Not always logged in, but certainly near by.
PM me too, I will respond.
fractal
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Moral Minority on Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:12 am

By all means. I would appreciate help writing this thing. It's my first time writing anything longer than 10 chapters.

Hmm.. I came to the forums a tad late and I have not seen the Continous Salty tale yet, but can I please get the scoop of it. It sounds pretty cool to have a story where almost all Pastafarians have contributed.

I wanna run this by you, though. I plan to write the stories with increasing gruesomness. For example, I plan to start with a rib-cracking tale of random humor and end with a somber gothic story which will bring tears to people's eyes. You think that would be cool?

Oh and on the topic of voice acting, I could provide a voice or two. Aside from writing, I am something of an actor myself.
Moral Minority

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:25 pm

I've got a mic, but no editing software. The most I could help with would be the voices, some sound effects, and possibly graphic design of the cover/poster.

I could probably also point you to several sites on which to get public domain/non-copyrighted sound and music files.

Also, I can do some celebrity impersonations:
Patrick Stewart (sorta)
Sean Connery
James Earl Jones
Leonard Nimoy
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby fractal on Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:42 pm

WOW! This is going to be longer than 10 Chapters?!?! Cool!

I'm hoping some of The Salty Tale writers will stop in here to offer consultation!

RR, your mic and/or soundcard may have come with simple editing and recording tools.
You just need to look for them. Usually C:/Program Files/soundcard or mic manufacturer/

Most people dont know it but Windows 98 and XP have always had a Movie Maker program (just like iMovie) hidden from eyes until Vista.
    You can find it in C:/Program Files/Movie Maker/moviemk.exe

Please do share your open-source and copywrite free resources:
    Audacity: MAC/WIN/LINUX audio editing software
    Blender: MAC/WIN/LINUX 3D Modeling and Animation
    InkScape: MAC/WIN/LINUX Vector Drawing Sofware

Although there is no current open-source project in development that can do what Flash can do there is this:
    AnimeStudio: MAC/WIN Vector Animation like Flash (only 50 bucks)

I use all of this software and I have Windows and Mac computers so there should be no problem sharing files. Primarily I will be using Flash for vector animation and Carrara for 3D rendering.

I'm excited that we're off to a good start. Thanks guys!!
fractal
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby pumpkinhead on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:22 pm

I'm going to make the FSM movie either in Flash by next year or in the summer of next year.

Everyone else is welcome to their own PERSONAL interpretation, though.
pumpkinhead
Ziti Zealot

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:41 pm

Below is a list of links to free sounds/music. Some are public domain, some are copyleft, some are royalty free. Make sure to read the rules regarding use for each site. At least one site offers both free and purchasable files.

http://www.partnersinrhyme.com

http://www.fws.gov/video/sound.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sound/list

http://www.opsound.org/

http://www.soundsnap.com/

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Acidhouser on Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:02 am

Hi everybody,
I have got a decent audio editor (wavelab) and a good sound card along with a few other bits and pieces of audio software and am more than happy to help out any way I can.
I'm also willing to do voice-over duties if required (although I might have to get a better microphone). Can't do any accents tho'!

RAmen
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.
Acidhouser
Conchigliette Convert

Postby fractal on Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:35 am

Welcome aboard!

Everybody has an accent, it just depends who's listening!
fractal
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby DaveL on Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:13 am

YArrrrr...

I always thought 'The Book of Midget' would make a great Pasatafarian movie. It's got all the elements of Bobby's mythology and had an almost Tolkein-esque feel to it. Lots of references to Pirates too.

We actually had a huge scripture drive, when the Venganza forum got up and running. Some of us wrote our socks off. (Lots of fertile ground in Old threads).

I took me several drafts to get this up. It was an epic of Midget proportions. :D

http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1980
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby fractal on Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:07 pm

AH-HAHAHA!

I remember this from the days before I joined when I was still just a lurker.

Please, keep us abreast of any historical documents that we should use for reference material.
fractal
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

PreviousNext

Return to FSM Gatherings