FSM Club at School

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

FSM Club at School

Postby Sarb on Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:41 pm

Our school has a group called the Students of Christ, and it got me thinking, there should be a Pastafarian club as well! Not to mock, of course, they're all really great people, but FSM needs some love too. Most of my friends are pastafarian, and they were all for the idea, so we've been working for weeks to get it established.

Though it took a month of constant trips to the Activities Office, they've finally approved it. We had our first meeting and it was fun reading the Open Letter and explaining our basic beliefs. We did, however, have to wait for the teacher we asked to supervise to leave before we could go into the contents of FSM Heaven ;) For the past year we've all been dressing up piratey on Fridays(which has gotten some funny looks, but no questions from the staff), and now that we're trying to get the word out, I'm hoping to get more people involved.

Sadly, managing our meetings has fallen on my shoulders alone, and the interest of my friends comes and goes unpredictably. I was hoping some of you had ideas on things we could talk about at meetings. We have about a 30-minute chunk of time. We covered just the main ideas last time, and have had a loose idea of looking into various sections of the Gospel.

Advice, comments, suggestions anyone?
Sarb
Conchigliette Convert

Postby EarthRise on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:00 pm

Make the meetings pertinent to the nature of the FSM: discuss events relevant to the ID-evolution controversy. Find articles dealing with the most recent government earmarks for creation instruction and the most offensive claims about evolution and moral decisions. Create calm and respecting debates.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Beer Lolcano on Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:25 am

Definately involve the Students of Christ in some way. Maybe organise the occasional debate with them, or at least find some way to get their attention so that they can send your group some Hatemail. Then your group could work together on a response.

After all, debating your quite *different* religious views is one of the most important things about being a Pastafarian...
Y'know, I have no idea what to write here.

Bucket is a funny word. Say it. Bucket.
Beer Lolcano
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby MPTrooper on Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:14 am

Beer Lolcano wrote:Definately involve the Students of Christ in some way. Maybe organise the occasional debate with them, or at least find some way to get their attention so that they can send your group some Hatemail. Then your group could work together on a response.

After all, debating your quite *different* religious views is one of the most important things about being a Pastafarian...

That's stupid. Why in the world should he make his group out to be some anti-theist group? Not only would that make this young man look like some douche bag to the rest of the school, but I would guess any interest he would gain would be negative at the least.

Listen to Earthrise, his advice is not only sound but it's not going to get you into trouble.
MPTrooper

Postby Clifford on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:35 am

It's hard trying to persuade anyone to become Pastafarian here, they just don't get it for some reason.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby Moral Minority on Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:43 am

I have the same problem. People simply hate the FSM around my place.
Moral Minority
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Same here

Postby Capt'n WeeMan on Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:53 pm

Moral Minority wrote:I have the same problem. People simply hate the FSM around my place.

Tell me about it. Honestly we got about 4 at most solid believers here, getting new members is HARD. I suppose a more theiestic enviroment would be nice, because turning a christians into FSM is harder then a non-theist.

as for what to talk about, DON'T. I guareentee that christ group has learned this a long time ago, and they do (probally boring kids) activities during thier time.

why not print out alot of pamplets, and have everyone fold and staple one each, and then have a job to give it to one student before the end of the day? You will be spreading the word, and having fun.
Capt'n WeeMan
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Sarb on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:15 pm

I'm female, by the way =)

Thanks for the advice. I've got a few ideas now, the main problem is just what some of you have mentioned, getting some serious interest. A good handful of friends were glad to join, and as we finally have another meeting tomorrow, I'm going to just ask what types of things they want to focus on. The more fun side, or if they want to have some serious discussions or debates.
Sarb
Conchigliette Convert

Postby powered by pasta on Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:39 am

Sadly, at my school no one's really interested.
I'm the 'Crazy Flying Spaghetti Monster Believer' at my school, and people listen to my speeches about the FSM for an occasional laugh, and that's about it. Almost all of my friends are Atheists or Jews.
Anyways, I like the idea of organizing a debate with the Students of Christ, it would be interesting and I would love to do that, and I'm sure a lot of the members would, too [=