Does the FSM Love me? Or hate me? Is he nice or a mean?

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Does the FSM Love me? Or hate me? Is he nice or a mean?

Postby drbuzz0 on Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:15 pm

Hello,

I've read some of the FSM lore and I have to wonder about some things that... well just don't seem to make sense to me. The FSM always looks happy and like a pretty forgiving guy in the images, but at the same time some of the things he's done and/or created seem to be out of spite or a bad temper.

Is the FSM forgiving? Vengeful? Hateful? Loving?

I mean, I really want to think he's a just, forgiving being, but sometimes... I'm just not sure
drbuzz0
Ziti Zealot

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:23 pm

We make no claim that the FSM is perfect. If there's something weird/bad/messed up, it is because He was drunk at the time.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Clifford on Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:53 am

Compare him as a nicer version of Yahweh of the Old Testament (God) except, like Rev Redbeard above said, the FSM was drunk at the time.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby drbuzz0 on Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:11 pm

So is he an angry drunk or a nice drunk or what?

The impression I always got of him is that he's basically one of those goofey but good overly-friendly over drinkers, but the kind who can get really angry.

I had a roommate like that once. Drank and was usually pretty much okay, but if you got into an argument with him or something he could turn into a real a-hole drunk.
drbuzz0
Ziti Zealot

Postby Clifford on Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:34 pm

drbuzz0 wrote:I had a roommate like that once. Drank and was usually pretty much okay, but if you got into an argument with him or something he could turn into a real a-hole drunk.

A bit like that, yeah. But He isn't drunk ALL the time.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby drbuzz0 on Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:58 am

Iron Roger Vane wrote:
drbuzz0 wrote:I had a roommate like that once. Drank and was usually pretty much okay, but if you got into an argument with him or something he could turn into a real a-hole drunk.

A bit like that, yeah. But He isn't drunk ALL the time.

If you actually care about the FSM, if you want to be a real friend... I'm just saying. It might seem like the you're helping by covering for someone, bug if the FSM has a problem then really it's just prolonging things.

I don't know what's going on or if the FSM does need help or not. But I mean, there are ways of getting over such problems. It's not impossible, and it's the best thing..
drbuzz0
Ziti Zealot

Postby Clifford on Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:18 am

drbuzz0 wrote:
If you actually care about the FSM, if you want to be a real friend... I'm just saying. It might seem like the you're helping by covering for someone, bug if the FSM has a problem then really it's just prolonging things.

I don't know what's going on or if the FSM does need help or not. But I mean, there are ways of getting over such problems. It's not impossible, and it's the best thing..

Overall the FSM is a kind and benevolent being. He pushes us all down with his Noodely Appendages to keep us on the Earth (hence everyone being short once) but more recently due to population growth He's running out of Appendages for everyone, hence everyone getting taller.
Clifford

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

I am so glad that I found Him!

Postby Andrey Kurtenkov on Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:16 am

I love him and I know he loves me as well, and there is no questioning that :fsm:
En mateno de hela ero, per la forĉo de espero, venas viglaj pastafaroj, vere fluganta gefratoj.
Ah, vi flugu, Nia Monstro! Vin observas milionoj serĉiantaj vermiĉeloj, per espero kaj per amo.
Kaj la bona pastafaro post la malfermita pordo, trovos la eternan vivon en pastafara paradizo!
Pastafarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!
Българска пастафарианска църква (Bulgarian Pastafarian Church)
- за прослава на Макаронения Бог :worship: :fsm_float:
Andrey Kurtenkov
Chitarra Captain

Re: Does the FSM Love me? Or hate me? Is he nice or a mean?

Postby Angel-Hair Archmage on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:33 am

Just like an abusive father FSM is vengeful and will punish His children when he is drunk, but will forgive and love during hangovers(somethimes).
The FLying Spaghetti Monster watches over the Kingdom, out of site, but not out of our minds...
ImageImage
Angel-Hair Archmage
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Ubi Dubium on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:37 am

My impression is that He's mostly indifferent. Yeah, he holds us down and all, and interferes in our scientific experiments when He's in the mood, but mostly I think he doesn't find people all that interesting. He sure doesn't talk to anybody (except The Great Prophet Bobby, pesto be upon him).
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby sleppy on Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:59 am

Ubi Dubium wrote:My impression is that He's mostly indifferent. Yeah, he holds us down and all, and interferes in our scientific experiments when He's in the mood, but mostly I think he doesn't find people all that interesting. He sure doesn't talk to anybody (except The Great Prophet Bobby, pesto be upon him).

he is probly just to show up and have a chat with all his followers so he may seem like hes not nice but if u could see it from his view , say u fell over and broke your leg , it was him who probly pushed u to save u from a car hiting you. see he cares; just goes about it wrong beoucos hes a bit tipsy .
what were u gazing at?
sleppy
Conchigliette Convert

Return to Scripture and Lore